[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson "Stop in the Name of Love" at Barnstable Brown Derby Gala

She sure does get around. I thought she was in Uk! Mary looks lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She sure does get around. I thought she was in Uk! Mary looks lovely.
    I believe this was from last year. She performs every year at the Barnstable party on Kentucky Derby weekend.

Derby is Saturday I believe.

Derby is Saturday I believe.
    I have always wanted to go. Expect to see Mary Wilson however.........

I looked it up She will be there.

I looked it up She will be there.
    Wearing a big assed hat! LOL!!!!

Lol..u know she will!

Lol..u know she will!
    She is now what you call a fixture at the Kentucky Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is now what you call a fixture at the Kentucky Derby.
    Everyone likes Mary as she is very social and personable. I like how she spends time with the fans talking to them after her concerts. She's also very interested in what she is signing at these events as she is amazed where we get the stuff. A lot of that she has never seen in fact she took a newspaper article from me and kept it!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Everyone likes Mary as she is very social and personable. I like how she spends time with the fans talking to them after her concerts. She's also very interested in what she is signing at these events as she is amazed where we get the stuff. A lot of that she has never seen in fact she took a newspaper article from me and kept it!
    Some one I know had the playbill to "Beehive" for Mary to sign and she just could not believe it!

She noticed the incorrect labeling between her and Cindy on the TV Guide advertising the Glen Campell show when Ladder came out. They were wearing pink pantsuits.

I find it generous when a star will sign something; whenever I go to a concert where I think I might have the opportunity to "meet and greet", I always bring something AND a Sharpie, just in case, LOL.

I saw Martha and her Sister Vandellas a few years back [[dlorne was there!) and I brought a CD insert; a young man in front of me had about 15 things; CD's, records, pictures, etc. Martha graciously signed all of them, then said she better not see them on eBay!

Years ago, I saw Mary Wilson sit for 3.5 hours without a break signing her book "Supreme Faith" in Detroit!

Years ago, I saw Mary Wilson sit for 3.5 hours without a break signing her book "Supreme Faith" in Detroit!
    At the RenCen?

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    At the RenCen?
    We were out in a store in Rochester Hills.

Crystaledwards Guest
    [QUOTE=marv2;282708]Years ago, I saw Mary Wilson sit for 3.5 hours without a break signing her book "Supreme Faith" in Detroit![/QUOTE

There are good reasons authors sit and autograph books for hours on end and then stay behind and sign more after the store had closed. Once a book has been autographed it can never be returned by either the customer or the book store which is fiduciary beneficial for the writer.

Another reason Mary Wilson basked in the attention that "Dreamgirl My Life as a Supreme" brought her was her dire financial situation and all but dried up concert bookings. However, at a few book signings some people came up, no book in hand, only to ask: "Will you sign these Supremes albums?" Thinking O dearie, as my favorite poet and author John Cowper Powys used to say, Mary Wilson smiled her best Motown smile and signed every single album.

Marvin, you really are the worst type of sycophant. You spend inordinate amounts of time traducing Diana Ross while unabashedly and erroneously boosting Mary Wilson's popularity to further your own agenda at Soulful Detroit.

Thankfully, most on this forum see how utterly misguided and neurotic you really are.

CE

[QUOTE=Crystaledwards;282799]
    Years ago, I saw Mary Wilson sit for 3.5 hours without a break signing her book "Supreme Faith" in Detroit![/QUOTE

There are good reasons authors sit and autograph books for hours on end and then stay behind and sign more after the store had closed. Once a book has been autographed it can never be returned by either the customer or the book store which is fiduciary beneficial for the writer.

Another reason Mary Wilson basked in the attention that "Dreamgirl My Life as a Supreme" brought her was her dire financial situation and all but dried up concert bookings. However, at a few book signings some people came up, no book in hand, only to ask: "Will you sign these Supremes albums?" Thinking O dearie, as my favorite poet and author John Cowper Powys used to say, Mary Wilson smiled her best Motown smile and signed every single album.

Marvin, you really are the worst type of sycophant. You spend inordinate amounts of time traducing Diana Ross while unabashedly and erroneously boosting Mary Wilson's popularity to further your own agenda at Soulful Detroit.

Thankfully, most on this forum see how utterly misguided and neurotic you really are.

CE
    What's with your personal attacks? No one is attacking you. Do you have a problem?

Crystaledwards Guest
    [QUOTE=marv2;282800 What's with your personal attacks? No one is attacking you. Do you have a problem?[/QUOTE]

Au contraire mon cheri.

CE

C'mon guys. Let's keep it civil.

Hey Chrystal,
    Lighten it up. Marv can promote who he likes. You don't need to make snide comments. Consider this a one and only warning.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Hey Chrystal,
    Lighten it up. Marv can promote who he likes. You don't need to make snide comments. Consider this a one and only warning.
    Thank you Ralph

This is one of the situations that initially made me reluctant to join this forum. I have enjoyed reading the posts on here for years but I hated I when it turned nasty and personal. Surely we can debate in a civilised manner. We should all respect each others opinions even if they differ from our own. We all love the music so lets remain positive and spread the love. There endeth the sermon.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Hey Chrystal,

Ralph, once again you effectively prove that you are completely devoid of any degree of common sense to objectively run this forum. Your disastrous ineptitude becomes more alarmingly apparent with every posting. Do you ever dispassionately just look at the plain facts or is blindly pandering to your chosen few, especially the eminently favored but chronically demented Marvin Davis, the only way you know how to moderate? Your dictatorial authority is asinine, laughable and preposterous.

Please take your dinky warning and thrust it where the sun never shines.

Farewell,

CE.

Sorry you feel that way. Good bye.

Thank you Ralph!