[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Apr 28, 9P-12M ET: My Annual Dusty Tribute!

G'Mornin', Folks! Tonight on my radio show "Nightflight" [[Tue Apr 28, 9P-12M ET) , my yearly loving tribute to the late, magnificent Dusty Springfield, as her fans worldwide anticipate celebrating Dusty's life in the U.K. this coming Sunday. Join me tonight on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org See you on the radio! Thanks! John

Have a great show John

Name:  Birthday Dusty.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  butterflies.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  DS1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  Dusty & Martha [[2).JPG
Views: 310
Size:  38.3 KB

....in the studio....HOWDEEEEE!

Evening John! Sorry to be tardy. Looking forward to all the treats you have in store tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Evening John! Sorry to be tardy. Looking forward to all the treats you have in store tonight!
    Hi there, Glen!!! Nice to see you! So...you want Brenda next week?[[*smile)

Would love an evening of Brenda. Stretch Just Look What You've Done to Aquarius Farewell length if you must.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Would love an evening of Brenda. Stretch Just Look What You've Done to Aquarius Farewell length if you must.....
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa....I'll see what I can do!

John, I'm busy packing and getting ready for a month in L.A., but I am now getting a chance to listen in. I know you were very upset about news reports about the poor state of Joni Mitchell, but evidently that is not the case:

Folk singer Joni Mitchell has not fallen into a coma and is doing fine, according to a post written by Mitchell's family on the singer's official Web site.
    "Contrary to rumors circulating on the Internet today, Joni is not in a coma," the message reads. "Joni is still in the hospital - but she comprehends, she's alert, and she has her full senses. A full recovery is expected."
    The clarification comes following a report by TMZ, which stated that Mitchell had fallen into a coma and was unresponsive. According to TMZ, Mitchell showed no prospects of getting better.
    Joni Mitchell in "good spirits" after being rushed to the hospital unconscious
    Mitchell's family believes TMZ got a copy of documents that gave Mitchell's long-time friend Leslie Morris the authority to make care decisions for Mitchell once she leaves the hospital, and misinterpreted them.
    Mitchell, 71, was rushed to the hospital on March 31 after she was found unconscious at her home in Los Angeles. The following day, she was described as being awake and in "good spirits."
    Mitchell is an eight-time Grammy winner best known for her 1970 hit "Big Yellow Taxi." She previously said she suffers from Morgellons disease, a controversial illness in which the patient believes he or she is infected with parasites when no medical evidence of such illness can be found.

Mark.....thank you for the clarifying update!!! Much appreciated!

John, I really enjoy foreign language versions of hits recorded for European markets, and this recording by Dusty is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John, I really enjoy foreign language versions of hits recorded for European markets, and this recording by Dusty is fantastic!
    I'm very glad of it, my friend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Have a great show John

Name:  Birthday Dusty.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  butterflies.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  DS1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  Dusty & Martha [[2).JPG
Views: 310
Size:  38.3 KB
    copley...thanks...and thanks for the great images!!!

John, I appreciate you playing yet another Dusty foreign language recording. It is wonderful that Dusty shared her respect of American R&B recording artists Mitty Collier and Baby Washington. Maybe not household recognized names but I know they are recognized in my home and yours too, I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John, I appreciate you playing yet another Dusty foreign language recording. It is wonderful that Dusty shared her respect of American R&B recording artists Mitty Collier and Baby Washington. Maybe not household recognized names but I know they are recognized in my home and yours too, I bet!
    Mark....i love how candid and generous she is in this interview/music show....she's amazing. And thanks again...you've made me feel so much better....

Dusty was the best. I was lucky enough to meet her on three occasions and she was never less than gracious. She barely put a foot wrong in the studio and her music will continue to inspire for decades.