[REMOVE ADS]

What is this? - Marvelettes

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVELETTES-Marv...item19c03c4c65

A Marvelettes "Live on Tour" CD up for aution on eBay. Real Marvelettes or one of the many faux groups?

Hi Mary. This has come up before, it's got nothing to do with the real Motown Marvelettes

Thanks copley. I must have missed this.

I just thought the artwork was interesting. I had a feeling it was the fakebake group, but just wanted to make sure.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thanks copley. I must have missed this.

I just thought the artwork was interesting. I had a feeling it was the fakebake group, but just wanted to make sure.

Cheers!
    I found these items from the same seller interesting due to the familiar name on Watchout and the marker covered name on Black Magic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTHA-VANDELLAS...item19c10b2335

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTHA-VANDELLAS...item19c10b2335

Rick B. is selling off his collection, looks like.

These may well be the women featured on the live cd

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl..._marvelous_one

QUOTE=marybrewster;21387]Thanks copley. I must have missed this.y well

Cheers![/QUOTE]

These dont seem to be the Pam Darden ones-these are the real Fakelettes!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    These dont seem to be the Pam Darden ones-these are the real Fakelettes!
    'Fakelettes' - love it

Marvelous eh? When is the U.S. going to pass laws to stop these fake groups.....Paulo XXXX

Oh brother.

AS A TEENAGER, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE AFFILITATED WITH THE MUSIC INDUSTRY UNTIL A RELATIVE OF MINE SIGNED UP,WITH WHAT BECAME TO BE THE MOST POWERFUL EMPIRE FROM THE MUSIC WORLD OF THE 1960'S!!!

NOT VERY INTERESTED AT ALL, BUT WHEN "MOTOWN" FIRST BEGUN, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE "BUSINESS AS USUAL" AFTER ABOUT A YEAR OR SO, MY WHOLE WORLD CHANGED AND OPENNED-UP, WHEN I HEARD FOR THE FIRST TIME, THIS SOULFUL MUSIC,THE CHIRPPING,CLAPPING AND FOOT-TAPPING "DOWN-TO-EARTH" SONG OF "PLEASE MR.POSTMAN"! I'VE NEVER GONE BACK TO MUSIC AS USUAL OR IT WAS JUST ANOTHER SONG!!!

THEY NEVER STOPPED COMING! ONE HIT AFTER THE OTHER;TWISTIN'POSTMAN~PLAYBOY~BEECHWOOD 4-5789~FOREVER TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA~WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG & IN LOVE~DON'T MESS WITH BILL, JUST TO NAME A FEW,BUT I COULD NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT 45 TO BE RELEASED,I WAS THERE THAT WEEK TO PURCHASE IT "MY KIND OF MUSIC" AND MY KIND OF GIRLS!!!

THE MARVELETTES WERE THAT GROUP THAT PUT "MOTOWN" ON THE CHARTS,BUT THEY NEVER LOOKED BACK! HIT AFTER HIT, BUT NEVER RECIEVED THE PROCLAIMED FAME & RECONITION AS THEIR PREDECESSORS WHOM THE MARVELETTES INITIALLY GENERATED THE MOTOWN'S INDUSTRY FINANCIALLY TO SUCCESS!...

I'VE TRAVEL FROM CITY TO CITY JUST TO SEE AND HEAR THIS FANTASTIC FEMALE GROUP WHOM I GREW-UP TO LOVE AND ADMIRE,EVEN UNTIL THIS DAY! THEY WILL ALWAYS BE MY FIRST AND LAST! I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH THE SOUNDS OF

"THE MARVELOUS MARVELETTES"

Who is Pam Darden? She certainly is no certifiable Marvelette! There must be several fake Marvelette groups
    out there because they can be in all different parts of the country [[or the world) at the same time.
    The Marvelettes can be booked for any event because they always come up with enough members to
    send them out.
    Again, who is Pam Darden? Is she the woman in England claiming to be a real group member?

Pam Darden is American. I've never heard of a UK imposter!

http://www.celebritydirect.biz/darden/index.htm

Ok, so she's basically doing the same thing as Kaaren Ragland and Sounds of the Supremes.

Yes, in the 80s there was a British woman or at least a woman living somewhere in the UK claiming to be a Marvelette
    and fronting her own Marvelettes group.

Randy

Reading your post, the name Audrienne Ferguson-Smith [[or similar) came to mind......

???????

That's it!!! Thanks!