[REMOVE ADS]

Ron Isley Tribute @ The 2010 Soul Train Awards Part 1

I have to say I saw the first hour but I missed R Kelly and saw him on youtube and he was awesome. Anything he did in the past went out the window when I saw his retro performance he can really sing! Ron sounded great for all he has been through.

Ronald Isley is an amazing individual. When you think about this man's career. He's has had hits in the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's, 90's, 00's and is still doing it in this decade! Wow!

Marv
    Believe it or not the part I liked the most [[and didnt think I would) was when he did his Mr Big
    alias....LOL

I can believe it. It was completely on point. My brother and I got into a discussion about the different generations of singers that were there to pay tribute to Ron and how Ron looked as young or younger than several of them. His voice is still amazingly strong. Cee Lo was a trip! LOL!

Ron was great. Seems like he has a good handle on what has happened to him over the past few years , and why not? He has been dead on in his talent for over 50 years ,a textbook example of the image of Mr. Biggs ,a real O.G.
    Freddie ,Jeffery and Peobo was a fitting tribute trio. I was very touched by his emotion when he spoke about his brothers.
    I also found his comments about R. Kelly interesting.
    I thought R. was very good ,considering I am "on the fence" ,when It comes to his work.[[Yes I do have about 90% of his works in one form or another ,and have listened to it in fun and in studying listen mode.) I do however greatly respect his ability to reproduce the classic sound of R&B. In this new track "When A Woman Loves" ,he emulates Jackie Wilsons phrasing and style ,such to the degree you want to smack him. [[Only other person to do that as well was M.J. ,and J.W. was a mentor to M.J. and R. worked with M.J. Seems like karma) Yet it's R's voice you hear ,not Jackies ,and not an imitation of J.W ,but a voice as good as Jackies.