[REMOVE ADS]

Anita Baker Tribute Live @ 2010 Soul Train Music Awards!!! Enjoy

I think tamia & lalah hathaway did the best..........and faith killed my song literally

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfu...ards-bmf_music

Did you see A.B.'s face when Faith sang? She was truly impressed ,you could see "awww shiii" wriiten on her face and Faith turned out ,respectfully so. She just did her thing. Beautiful moment ,a parade of Nubian Queens!!!!

Wow....thanks for posting abfan! Faith made my socks go north and south!

All of the ladies were good in tribute to Anita, however Faith stole the show in my opinion. I loved the part of El Debarge singing "Sweet Love" to Anita and her acting like an awestruck fan! Those two have seen some things, those two are Detroit!

a lot of ab fans where jazzed up to see kem and rachell ferrell to something big but I couldnt get into their interpepation

Great tribute to Anita. It was because these were real singers. However, I must be in the minority because Faith is the only one that I didn't like too much. Not totally bad, but not as good as the rest. It was such a joy to see the appreciation in Anita's face. I love it when our legends get honored, and you can tell that they are truly honored.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    All of the ladies were good in tribute to Anita, however Faith stole the show in my opinion. I loved the part of El Debarge singing "Sweet Love" to Anita and her acting like an awestruck fan! Those two have seen some things, those two are Detroit!
    Marve2, Anita said on the radio that she was suppose to sing the song with El, but she was too overwhelmed. If you listen carefully at that segment, you can hear El say, don't worry baby I got you and he just finished the song like the seasoned professional that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Marve2, Anita said on the radio that she was suppose to sing the song with El, but she was too overwhelmed. If you listen carefully at that segment, you can hear El say, don't worry baby I got you and he just finished the song like the seasoned professional that he is.
    NYSister, I did catch when he said that! I thought he was saying it because Anita had made a misstep dancing. That is so cool, although I would have love to see them sing it together. You have to give El his props. I mean he came through the fire!

I was very impressed with all the sisters in tribute to Anita, EXCEPT Chrisette Michele. Just can't get into her style of singing...saw her open for Maxwell last year, and was not moved. And, personally, I was overjoyed to see Rachelle Ferrell. Just one fan's opinion, but I always love her interpretation in song. I was wondering who was singing with her, too, that night. Faith Evans, though, is very, very impressive...I've heard her come into her own "voice", over the past few years, and I think it's awesome.

catwoman55 that was the Artist KEM he's from detroit also.....A lot of people like chrisette michele maybe she should of had a better part

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    catwoman55 that was the Artist KEM he's from detroit also.....A lot of people like chrisette michele maybe she should of had a better part
    @Abfan, I agree, the part just did not compliment Chrisette voice, and she didn't look comfortable singing the part.