[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Mural in danger at Northland Mall

A large Motown mural is at Northland Mall, which is closing very soon. The artist would like the mural to go somewhere so it won't be destroyed...
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...land/70596268/

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    A large Motown mural is at Northland Mall, which is closing very soon. The artist would like the mural to go somewhere so it won't be destroyed...
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...land/70596268/
    Yeah I heard last month that they were tearing down Northland... that and Fairlane were my MALLS!!!

Yeah Marv; I grew up going to Northland, even when it was an outdoor mall. Taking the Hamilton Northland bus to Northland, eating Sander's Hot Fudge Sundae, going to the boy's shop at Hudsons and Hughes & Hatchers, eating the hamburger combo's at Kresges...

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Yeah Marv; I grew up going to Northland, even when it was an outdoor mall. Taking the Hamilton Northland bus to Northland, eating Sander's Hot Fudge Sundae, going to the boy's shop at Hudsons and Hughes & Hatchers, eating the hamburger combo's at Kresges...
    stingbeelee, we had the best, we really did. I did not know it at the time.

I stopped at Northland yesterday and took a few pics. The mural is quite impressive. With proper lighting this would be an even greater eye-catcher.Name:  IMG_0067.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  88.7 KB

From the other side.Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  89.1 KB

OMG! I knew I would not be able to get home to see it one more time before it was gone. Thank you JL2648!!!

the Wall..........

Everyone remembers........

JL2648, Many thanks for sharing the two photos of the endangered Motown Mural. As a documenter of street art/graffiti/murals, I know just how temporary some work is and of course the challenges of capturing fleeting works of art. You've not only done a great job, but managed to document for others like myself not able to travel to Detroit at the drop of a hat. I greatly appreciate you posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    JL2648, Many thanks for sharing the two photos of the endangered Motown Mural. As a documenter of street art/graffiti/murals, I know just how temporary some work is and of course the challenges of capturing fleeting works of art. You've not only done a great job, but managed to document for others like myself not able to travel to Detroit at the drop of a hat. I greatly appreciate you posting this!
    Mark, glad you enjoyed my two pics. I did take individual shots of most of those depicted on the mural so if there is anyone[[s) you're particularly interested in let me know and I'll see if I can accomodate. -Jeff

thanks Jeff

edafan