[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Singer JACKIE TRENT has passed away

Singer/composer Jackie Trent has passed away. She, along with her husband, Tony Hatch, composed an array of songs together, including many for Petula Clark. I, personally, associate Jackie with her Girl Group-era recordings, such as "If You Love Me [[Really Love Me)", her excellent, up-tempo remake of The Ronettes’ "You Baby", and her rendition of Dusty Springfield’s beautiful "Goin’ Back". May you rest in peace, Jackie. You’ve earned it.

Here is the official notice of Jackie’s passing, courtesy of Joe Marchese and The Second Disc.

http://theseconddisc.com/
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-24-2015 at 11:14 AM.

So sad to hear. I remember her well along with Tony Hatch as songwriters for Petula Clark. What a great combination they were. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    So sad to hear. I remember her well along with Tony Hatch as songwriters for Petula Clark. What a great combination they were. Thanks for posting.
    You're welcome, Nathan.

Her song "Where Are You Now My Love" grabbed me so much I bought a Cd of hers. I, for one will miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Her song "Where Are You Now My Love" grabbed me so much I bought a Cd of hers. I, for one will miss her.
    MotownSteve, I only had the three songs that I mentioned in my post above. But, since Jackie died, I ordered her 2-CD, 50-track "Where Are You Now [[My Love)" anthology. I checked out some of the song titles on YouTube and they were really pretty, including the title track which inspired you so.

I had never seen Jackie Trent's face before. In her obituary in The Second Disc newsletter [[showing her "Once More With Feeling" album cover), I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had an amazing resemblance to American actress Judith Light who played on Tony Danza's 1980's sitcom "Who's The Boss".
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-26-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Sad news. Her 2-CD set is well worth the $$$. Her "Where Are You Now My Love" is brilliant and her version of Scott Walker's "Such A Small Love" is a baroque-pop masterpiece. And she does fearless covers of the Four Tops "Reach Out I'll Be there" and "Everybody Rejoice" from "the Wiz"? I first discovered her about 15 years ago and she is an essential find for anyone enamored of 60s female pop vocalists. She's been on my MP3 player ever since.