[REMOVE ADS]

Heat Wave sideways

I wonder if Eastern Records heard fromm Motown's lawyers?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hraIwF1Abpw

I remember this song from a movie about the sixties. It has that "Heatwave" flavor, but it's been out for a very long time. The movie came out in the 80s.

Here it is. It's from the film "The In Crowd"[[1988):

This is very odd. I have versions of this song by The Chiffons and by Betty Everett, and in both cases it's credited to Ashford, Simpson & Armstead. On the label displayed in the YouTube Tina Britt entry, it's credited to someone named Ed Silvers. Dunno what that's all about. It's always been my understanding that the song was written by AS&A.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    This is very odd. I have versions of this song by The Chiffons and by Betty Everett, and in both cases it's credited to Ashford, Simpson & Armstead. On the label displayed in the YouTube Tina Britt entry, it's credited to someone named Ed Silvers. Dunno what that's all about. It's always been my understanding that the song was written by AS&A.
    Well, I just did a little googling and learned that the song was indeed written by Ashford, Simpson & Armstead, but for some reason was originally credited to Silvers, who was their publisher. I wonder why.

Then there's "In My Lonely Room" mark 2......

As Motowm went after Mashed Potatoes per Please me postman I figured they'd go after Easten records per heat wave. Maybe cause AS and S wrote it they left it alone. The Real Thing was quite a big hit in Philly area.
    Last edited by luke; 08-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.