[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’ve been meaning to address this topic and after looking at the poll above, decided it was time.

Painting a group of people with a broad brush is a personal pet peeve of mine. I don’t like it when it’s done to me and I don’t like it when it’s done to others.

In 2008 several prominent members of the Republican Party endorsed Barack Obama for President.

Republicans and Conservatives Endorsing Barack in 2008
    By John Martin - Posted on 16 October 2008
    http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/3341

Can someone explain to me why a member of the KKK would endorse a Black man for anything, much less President of the United States?

Speaking of Black men…Colin Powell is not only Black, he’s a Republican. Now in all honesty, I’ve never been to a KKK meeting but I’m going to take a wild guess and say, they leave the hoods off while in their private setting.

Barack Obama won the presidency with the help of Independents as well as Republicans and as of 2 years ago, many of those Repubs say they may vote for him again.

Republicans who backed Obama say they may vote for him again
    By Hannah Brenton and Hayleigh Colombo - 10/28/10 05:00 PM ET
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-for-him-again

Since anything is possible, I’m willing to throw caution to the wind and say, it could be argued that in the last two years those same Repubs made a mad dash to join the KKK…. …..although highly unlikely imo.
    If they weren’t willing to vote for McCain and Palin, why would they vote for the current crop of Repub candidates who are worse. [[hard to imagine but true imo) Come to think of it, many of the Repubs claiming to support Romney don’t even like him and when he resets the etch sketch for the general, he’s going to piss off a lot of folks but I digress.

So, my point is this, with voter suppression laws that could disenfranchise not only Blacks but the elderly and students who could very well vote for President Obama, why demonize a potential group of voters? Especially when we already have laws designed to take away the voting power of others?

How does that make any sense?

Now I'm sure there are people thinking, what's the big deal if Repubs are being demonized on a forum that most people will never see?

How do you know what people will see? How many times have you passed on or discussed something that was on the forum? Do you know for a fact the person you passed the info to didn't pass it on to someone else? Has anyone ever noticed the "views" versus the replies on many of these threads?

Now many of these threads are being checked out by the same people, I'm sure, but members as well as non members lurk...you simply will never know all the people who are actually reading [[or not reading) the things we write.

btw.....All types of people like sweet soul music, including Republicans....THINK about it folks....many of the people you talk music to, could be the very people you are insulting.
    Last edited by ms_m; 03-30-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: UPDATE