[REMOVE ADS]

Your favorite miracles vidio performance

So how bout it gang,so much time is spent on other groups,we don't mention our old friends the miracles much,my fav is from[1969]and thier smooth moves on[baby,baby don't cry]what cha got?

Arr&Bee, I've loved the Miracles from the very beginning [[wasn't that the name of one of their albums? LOL!) I have more than one favorite video performance by the group. Here is one:

The above clip is from the "Dinah" show. Here is another favorite from "Hollywood A Go Go"

Arr&bee, my favorite Miracles choreography is, without a doubt, in this video for "Going To A Go Go". Unfortunately, the stupid dancers in this video are in the way, the tambourines are annoying as all hell, and the camera focuses mostly on Smokey while seemingly ignoring The Miracles altogether. From what you CAN see of Pete, Bobby, and Ronnie, however, their stepping is HOT! Cholly Atkins was earnin’ his money when he created this routine.

I remember hearing back in the ‘60s that Berry Gordy put out the word that The Miracles were to tone down their choreography because it was distracting the audience’s attention from Smokey, who rarely danced. At the time, it made no sense to me. The Temptations choreography got more and more sensational, while the Miracles had to hold back. It’s a shame because they were damned good, too!

Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0aFccufx-o

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 02-24-2015 at 04:25 AM.

[QUOTE=Philles/Motown Gary;273176]Arr&bee, my favorite Miracles choreography is, without a doubt, in this video for "Going To A Go Go". Unfortunately, the stupid dancers in this video are in the way, the tambourines are annoying as all hell, and the camera focuses mostly on Smokey while seemingly ignoring The Miracles altogether. From what you CAN see of Pete, Bobby, and Ronnie, however, their stepping is HOT! Cholly Atkins was earnin’ his money when he created this routine.

[B] I remember hearing back in the ‘60s that Berry Gordy put out the word that The Miracles were to tone down their choreography because it was distracting the audience’s attention from Smokey, who rarely danced. At the time, it made no sense to me. The Temptations choreography got more and more sensational, while the Miracles had to hold back. It’s a shame because they were damned good, too!

Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0aFccufx-o

I enjoyed this clip so much. It appears that it's obvious that they are using the prerecorded instrumental track WITH the prerecorded background voices. I guess the tech guys should have turned off Pete, Bobby, and Bobby's mics to prevent that snakelike, overpowering tamberine sound.
    Maybe it's because I just saw Pharrell on tv last night, but, in my opinion, there are some physical similarities in Smokey and Pharrell especially the eyes and the smile.

my fave is "Mickeys' Monkey" from the T.A.M.I. Show, also from Saturday Hop [[a Miami Bandstand Show) doin Mickeys Monkey with Claudette in the group.

I just love the song

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I just love the song

That was great. What show was that from?

FROM JOBUCATS: I enjoyed this clip so much. It appears that it's obvious that they are using the prerecorded instrumental track WITH the prerecorded background voices. I guess the tech guys should have turned off Pete, Bobby, and Bobby's mics to prevent that snakelike, overpowering tamberine sound.
    Maybe it's because I just saw Pharrell on tv last night, but, in my opinion, there are some physical similarities in Smokey and Pharrell especially the eyes and the smile.[/QUOTE]

JOBUCATS, I’m sorry....I missed this before....but, glad you liked the "Going To A Go-Go" video! - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-10-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Yet another exciting performance of "Mickey’s Monkey". The Supremes are shown over to the right behind a microphone, while Martha & The Vandellas, The Temptations, and Dusty Springfield [[or is that Chris Clark?) are groovin' behind Smokey & The Miracles. If it’s Dusty, then this must be from her "Ready, Steady, Go" Motown TV show.

The Miracles' choreography in this performance is HOT! - Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlGn7uORYg
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-10-2015 at 01:58 AM.

I didn't know the Miracles could step till that clip above with Billy. That is my favorite by a mile. Those steps are so good I watch the clip over and over in one setting.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was great. What show was that from?
    Marv it`s from the Mike Douglas Show" 29th. Feb. 1968. A great clip thanks John. I love the way James Jamerson suddenly appears about halfway through. There is another clip of this song from the "Ed Sullivan Show"

Disqualified I know, but it's Smokey's tribute to the Miracles at the parting of their ways

Those blue silk shirts are too cool.