[REMOVE ADS]

SDF crowd on tv and online

Hey everyone:

Just a reminder, we've got our SD gang on tv this Saturday on many public tv stations, plus after the show at 10:30pm, , even more q&A online at my facebookpage will be posted with our live audience and some more stuff from my personal vaults. Here's my page info for after the show https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky.fanpage

Please tell everyone to tune-in, it's an important night for classic Motown on national tv and we really need your help getting the word out. This is the first of many ideas and plans for Motown - - but we need the audience watching and where you can supporting your local public tv station.

Is this an expanded version of the original Motown 25 special?

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    Hey everyone:

Just a reminder, we've got our SD gang on tv this Saturday on many public tv stations, plus after the show at 10:30pm, , even more q&A online at my facebookpage will be posted with our live audience and some more stuff from my personal vaults. Here's my page info for after the show https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky.fanpage

Please tell everyone to tune-in, it's an important night for classic Motown on national tv and we really need your help getting the word out. This is the first of many ideas and plans for Motown - - but we need the audience watching and where you can supporting your local public tv station.
    TJ …thank you so much for allowing us to participate in the local recording. It was great meeting you, seeing Stingbeelee, and meeting Motown01. The blend of Motown family and SD family made a fun party/audience …although I really missed our Ralph!
    As for getting the word out …consider it done!
    See you Saturday at 8pm!!
    PSCosby

I can't wait to watch - I've been looking forward to seeing this for a while! It was such a fun night and great to meet everyone here.

The taping was fantastic, but I thought my hands would swell from all that clapping. Hey Pat! It was so good to see you again, along with Clay and Levi's family! And meeting Motown01 and other SDF family! I will say this: over the years, I have read on this forum regarding the Ballard girls and their relationship with some of the Motown family; during the taping it was evident that Flo's daughters have a deep deep love for Mary Wilson and Martha Reeves, as they called them "Aunt Mary" and "Aunt Martha", and were in tears when they saw Mary and Martha. And to think we were invited because of this forum - unbelievable! Thank you TJ and thank you Ralph!!!

What exactly is going to be on Saturday night? My local listings are not showing anything.

Saturday night features the national broadcast of the Best of Motown 25, with additional material and interviews recorded in Detroit with members of this forum in attendance.

Though we've had a couple test market airings in selected markets earlier, this is the first time most of the entire country will have the chance to see Motown 25 for the first time on telelvision in 32 years and the debut of the new studio material we recorded in Detroit.

Special guests on the new presentation [[2-28-15 only) include an intro from Mr. Gordy, interviews with Smokey, Suzanne DePasse, Mary Wilson, Martha Reeves Q&A sessions and more. After the show, on my facebook page - we'll have even more special content and features, such as the Philly-Motown b-sides scene and more interviews and stories. It's a national tv night of Motown, and an online celebration on my facebook page, following the show on 2-28-15.

Most stations air from 8pm-10:30pm, some in the Central TZ start earlier, so you have to check local listings on your local public tv stations. This is a syndicated special - - so every station and market is different. If this program has good viewership and support, I hope to open more of the the vaults to many more Motown themes specials on public tv - - so we're asking all to tune-in and share the word to check out your local public tv station for the broadcast return of Motown 25. There's a nice story about in today's Detroit paper: http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ebut/24086569/

PS - The only bummer for me, I missed Ralph !!!!!

some more info about Staurday night, fyi: http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-ra...s/201502270058

Sorry I missed you also TJ. Maybe another time.

congrats,tj.. we're promoting the hell out of this on FB and twitter..perhaps this success story will inspire Time/Life to finally liberate "TCB" and "GIT On Broadway" from NBC or whoever is holding the reins of DVD release

TJ;

Thanks for the extra detail. I had only been looking at the printed schedule that comes out in the newspaper. But when I checked on the TV itself, it does show it as being on tomorrow night. Sounds like must see TV!