[REMOVE ADS]

Lesley gore has died

TMZ just announced. Loved your music Lesley

I just heard "Maybe I Know " in the last 15 mins and it had nothing to do with her death. Sad news. Always liked her. Rest in peace Lesley, thanks for all that happy music.

Just logged on to the net and saw this on Yahoo. Quite shocking may she RIP. I liked Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows, and California Nights, So sad she was an ICON.

Much as I loved her I was disappointed in her MoWest lp. It just didn't seem like her, but she wrote most of it as I recall. I"ll listen to it again. My favorite of hers is Maybe I Know. Has a Motown feel. Most people think It's My Party was her biggest seller, but it was really You Don't Own Me. That song was robbed of No. 1 status by the Beatles. It was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Just logged on to the net and saw this on Yahoo. Quite shocking may she RIP. I liked Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows, and California Nights, So sad she was an ICON.

Steph, you know she was discovered and produced by Quincy Jones?

You Dont Own me one of the first womens lib songs. Precursor to I am Woman...Lesley had a lot of good hits Quincy Jones new how to give her great productions along with Michael Jackson. She must have kept this quiet because I never saw any reports of her being ill.

Much as I loved her I was disappointed in her MoWest lp. It just didn't seem like her, but she wrote most of it as I recall. I"ll listen to it again. My favorite of hers is Maybe I Know. Has a Motown feel. Most people think It's My Party was her biggest seller, but it was really You Don't Own Me. That song was robbed of No. 1 status by the Beatles. It was huge.

Sad. She had some of the most iconic singles of early 60s girl singer pop. I too loved "You Don't Own Me." A great song.

OMG..Lesley hit # 1 on r &b with its my party. Her last cd had some great songs, a number if which were used on tv shows and movies. RIP.

I'm absolutely devastated. I have admired and adored her for quite a long time. She had an incredible voice. Incredibly nice woman. Rest in peace, Ms. Gore. You will be missed.

One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Bayou, your post has repeated itself twice.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear of the untimely death of Lesley Gore -- one of my all-time favorite singers from the girl-group era. As a teenager, I bought all of her Mercury albums and singles. As an adult, I remained a faithful fan by purchasing her 5-CD "It's My Party" [[complete Mercury recordings) deluxe boxed set on the German-import Bear Family label. I feel as though I've lost a dear old friend. Hopefully, Lesley's passing will inspire Motown to reissue her Motown recordings. RIP, Lesley. My deepest condolences to your grieving family and loved ones.

One by one they are falling. Very sad.

It's My Party and You Don't Own Me were both iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.

She has definitely left her mark. R.I.P.

So sad. Rest In Peace Lesley Gore. You were loved. Thank you for the music.

supremester Guest
    She was a fave of mine.... sleep well, baby......

Lesley R I P_

Thanks for the great music

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    One of my absolutely favorite clips of all time. Such a powerful performance. I can't believe she's gone.]
    Diane Keaton, Goldy Hawn & Bette Midler from the First Wives Club doing You Don't Own Me.

This is heartbreaking. One of the best. I'll always love the hits, as well as the lesser-known later tracks like "Someplace Else Now" and "Love Me by Name." Sleep well, Miss Gore, and thank you for the music.

So very sad. Rest in Peace, Dear Ms. Gore.

What a shocker it was to see this post on Lesley's passing. I had not idea she was ill. I consider the time frame of her becoming known with "It's My Party" and "You Don't Own Me" as the awakening of my interest in pop/rock/r&B popular music. Lesley, you may be gone but NEVER forgotten!

I really dug her early 60s songs. I'd love to get the CD with the mono mixes.