[REMOVE ADS]

Jean, Mary, Cindy on the Merv Griffin Show

I was going through some 10 year old computer files and discovered some audio that I didn't even know I had. It's audio of the 70's Supremes on the Merv Griffin show. I believe they are recorded from a couple of different performances. One is of "Up the Ladder to the Roof", another is "Floy Joy" and it sounds like Cindy possibly singing [[although that can't be possible? It doesn't sound like Lynda?)...and at the beginning, they are presented with a gold record for "Nathan Jones" and another performance is "Where You Lead, I'll Follow" and then an interview segment. Anyone have more info??

I also seem to remember a recent discussion on here in regards to a rare, early, 70's Supremes TV appearance?

OMG! What a find!! Can you upload it on YouTube Carlo?

I do recall an audio only of Cindy singing a verse in Floy Joy, I can't say for sure it was on Merv Griffin but I'm thinking it's the same one

I thought Floy Joy was on YouTube

I couldn't get it on Youtube, but here it is for your listening pleasure...

https://soundcloud.com/carlo8973/sets/70s-supremes

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    I do recall an audio only of Cindy singing a verse in Floy Joy, I can't say for sure it was on Merv Griffin but I'm thinking it's the same one
    Yes that's Cindy on Floy Joy singing a few lead lines. I always wondered if they ever recorded Floy Joy with all three sharing the lead.

Hey Carlo thanks for sharing the link on the above post.

Jan 27 1972 Floy Joy and where you lead
    April 15, 1970 Up the Ladder to the Roof

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Yes that's Cindy on Floy Joy singing a few lead lines. I always wondered if they ever recorded Floy Joy with all three sharing the lead.

Hey Carlo thanks for sharing the link on the above post.
    One thing I did like is the fact that you really hear Mary and Cindy [[esp. on the Up the Ladder)

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

Carlo, that was posted years ago in the Yahoo Groups. That stuff still remains in all those old groups.

My pleasure guys. As Marv pointed out, these files originally came from another fan, but I'm happy I was able to share these again. It was quite a surprise, as I didn't know I had them.

a while back there was a Nightflight episode that featured all live tv [[audio) performances from the Jean years. lots of great clips, of which these Merv's were included.

It would be fantastic if footage of these appearances surface one day. I've heard of a couple of fans who have it on BETA tapes. It must be out there if we have the audio.

I think I may have seen a screen capture/still from one of these appearances on one of the Facebook fan groups? I believe the ladies are wearing street clothes and Mary is wearing something orange?

My pleasure guys. As Marv pointed out, these files originally came from another fan, but I'm happy I was able to share these again. It was quite a surprise, as I didn't know I had them.
    I am happy you did share them. I really meant that there may be other forgotten treasures lying in those dorment groups.

It's all good. Yes, I remember there were some radio interviews and radio spots, including one for the Supremes' 1975 album.

Carlo, do you remember a sound clip of Mary Scherrie and Cindy in the studio with one of the Hollands brothers guiding them through a song. I cannot for the life of me remember the which song it was. At least I think it was a Holland brother. It was on one of the old Yahoo groups and I am wondering if you might have it. Heck maybe Marv has it.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by detmotownguy; 02-15-2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Carlo, do you remember a sound clip of Mary Scherrie and Cindy in the studio with one of the Hollands brothers guiding them through a song. I cannot for the life of me remember the which song it was. At least I think it was a Holland brother. It was on one of the old Yahoo groups and I am wondering if you might have it. Heck maybe Marv has it.

Thanks in advance!
    The song was "This is Why I Believe in You" and they were going to church on it! It showed how they layered the vocals , built it up into a holy rollin' foot stompin' jam. I am sorry I do not have it.

Damn thats it Marv and church it was ...........whew was driving me crazy all day. Although wasn't a Holland brother! I have it on an old pc but the pc is shot. Man I thought you posted in that old Yahoo group at one time. Maybe Carlo will come through! Thanks anyway.

Yes, it certainly is Cindy... january 27, 1972. Lynda was not anywhere near the group as of yet.

Thank you...thank you!!!

This is one of my favorite Jean, Mary, Cindy TV performances. After all these years, I still remember it and wondered whether I would ever hear it again. I am so sick about this I could sing the end harmonies of the song. LOL!!!

Thanks Carlo! Liked Floy Joy really for first time...sounded so much better to me than record! However the speed of where you lead and up the ladder took away from the sensibilities of the music to me and jean sounded screechy at times I thought. Loved the harmonies.

This is so awesome. I love this version of Floy Joy and love hearing Cindy's voice so clearly.

I also seem to remember a recent discussion on here in regards to a rare, early, 70's Supremes TV appearance?
    Here's a shot from their performance of: Where You Lead
    Name:  10885197_849500238422204_318670766050854705_n.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  13.5 KB