[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Feb 3, 9P-12M ET: The Glen Wood "Listener's Choice" Show!!

Howdy, Folks!! And my sympathies with those who have had to weather the weather....a ROUGH week for the Northeast, to say the least! Tonight a very special show....a "Listener's Choice" show put together by the loving hand of SDF's OWN GLEN WOOD, who complied and produced what you will hear tonight. I am merely Glen's engineer...consider me his "Casey Jones"! Glen's picks tonight are focused on cover versions of some great tracks from the 60s, 70's and 80s. Glen will also join us about halfway through the show to talk about the choices in song he's made. I'm very excited about sharing Glen's show with you and hope you will join us...tonight....on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org Thanks so much...and see you on the radio! John

Even though, I'm NOT snowed in, and spring is practically bustin' out all over in my neighbourhood here in Vancouver, Canada, I'll be listening in this evening John! I'm sure Glen will have some great tunes to treat us to. Take heart, Spring is sure to follow at some point!
    Name:  P1250932.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  61.8 KB

I hope that Glen won't mind my re-posting his preview from last week's thread.

Name:  Glenpwood.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  85.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    Even though, I'm NOT snowed in, and spring is practically bustin' out all over in my neighbourhood here in Vancouver, Canada, I'll be listening in this evening John! I'm sure Glen will have some great tunes to treat us to. Take heart, Spring is sure to follow at some point!
    Name:  P1250932.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  61.8 KB
    Mark...you are a breath of spring....thanks for sharing that beautiful photo! Glad you'll be listening!!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I hope that Glen won't mind my re-posting his preview from last week's thread.

Name:  Glenpwood.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  85.4 KB
    Carole....thanks for reposting Glen great teaser for his show tonight!! Hope you'll be listening in!

Hi Carole, Mark, John, and of course, our usual Tuesday night gang!

Looking forward to being with you all tonight and sharing some great cover versions of familiar tunes and a few left curves from familiar voices! I tried to keep things interesting and hope you find or rediscover a few gems to enjoy on tonight's playlist.

Special thanks to John for graciously allowing me the opportunity to share some of the music that has provided me a lifetime pleasure that in the soulfully sung words of Jean Terrell, is "Impossible to measure."

See everyone here shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Hi Carole, Mark, John, and of course, our usual Tuesday night gang!

Looking forward to being with you all tonight and sharing some great cover versions of familiar tunes and a few left curves from familiar voices! I tried to keep things interesting and hope you find or rediscover a few gems to enjoy on tonight's playlist.

Special thanks to John for graciously allowing me the opportunity to share some of the music that has provided me a lifetime pleasure that in the soulfully sung words of Jean Terrell, is "Impossible to measure."

See everyone here shortly!
    Glen....a pleasure to share the show with you!!!

....Glen's engineer is in the studio....Howdy!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    ....Glen's engineer is in the studio....Howdy!!!!!!!!
    I should have arranged for warm slippers and hot cocoa!

I should have arranged for warm slippers and hot cocoa!
    .....come....I'll share my cocoa with you......Hi to Carl!

Carl says hello!

As much as I love We Can Work It Out, the flip side of the 45 has my all time fave Stevie song, "Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer."

As much as I love We Can Work It Out, the flip side of the 45 has my all time fave Stevie song, "Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer."
    Yes...."Never Dreamed...." so gorgeous!

I's here, Johnny.

Hi Carole, glad your with us!

I's here, Johnny.
    Well.....glad to see you, Ma'aM

Finally able to log on to the show. Hello MJ and Glenpwood and the rest of the gang. First time I've been here since the new year. Glad to join you tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Finally able to log on to the show. Hello MJ and Glenpwood and the rest of the gang. First time I've been here since the new year. Glad to join you tonight.
    Well, Tyrone....how great to see you...Happy New Year....glad you're back!

Fair Cher with the raven hair, little did we know how urgent was your plea to be rescued at that time.

John;
    "How Long Has The Been Gloing On?" - 15 years of "Nightlight!" WOW! I really enjoyed the Mary J. Blige version of "Hello It's Me." In my head, I was hearing what you could do in a mashup of this coupled with Barbara Lewis' "Hello Stranger." I can dream can't I? Wonderful grooves this evening.....

Love the simplicity of the instrumentation and the intimacy of ONJ's voice [[lead and background) on this live version.

Love the simplicity of the instrumentation and the intimacy of ONJ's voice [[lead and background) on this live version.
    Yep, a lot of todays girls couldn't pull that off....

John;
    "How Long Has The Been Gloing On?" - 15 years of "Nightlight!" WOW! I really enjoyed the Mary J. Blige version of "Hello It's Me." In my head, I was hearing what you could do in a mashup of this coupled with Barbara Lewis' "Hello Stranger." I can dream can't I? Wonderful grooves this evening.....
    Mark, I would love for Mary to do an album of mashups of classics. Judging by how poorly her new set is selling, we may get it sooner than we think.

Finally made it aboard!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

In the words of Diana at Farewell, "One More Time!"

Mark, I would love for Mary to do an album of mashups of classics. Judging by how poorly her new set is selling, we may get it sooner than we think.
    Hi johnny franjoy just tuning in vacationing in hollywood fla thanks for replaying the tune fro the baby its me im anticipating downloading some of its tracks on itunes whe i get back to brookkyn thanks btw diana is in brookkyn tonite but im not florida is beautiful no snow

[QUOTE=motownlover;269607]Finally made it aboard!

Howard in Long Beach, CA[/QUOTE Howdy, Howard...great to see you!

John;
    Mark....great diea about putting those 2 songs together. I just don't know how to do mashups....I need more structure than that....it would be a real mess....

Hey hey hey. Anytime you're ready, Cindy, do your thing while I get all my cord together.

In the words of Diana at Farewell, "One More Time!"
    Thank you, SIR>>>>>LOVE IT!!!

"Bad Weather" produced for Melissa by Leon Ware.

Im glad Marvin points out these words are made up because I still think hes saying Lie-a Zediah... Lol

Bobby Darin points out on his "Live At the Desert Inn" cd that he had the first release of "If I Were A Carpenter" and it was a hit. [[ 1966, to be exact) ; Tim's version was released in 1967.
    He then mentions that his own Composition "A Simple Song of Freedom" was a hit for Tim Hardin.

It hurt me... you'd be home..... hmmmmm, creative lyrics, Ceila

My thanks to John and everyone who listened tonight. I hope you all put shows together so we can continue to share our great music with one another.

Enjoy your week!

Thank you Glen for your excellent choices, and of course to John for being so gracious is sharing the airwaves!

My thanks to John and everyone who listened tonight. I hope you all put shows together so we can continue to share our great music with one another.

Enjoy your week!
    Glen...it was a great show you put together...wonderful songs and some nice surprises...hope you do another...thanks for doing this!!! Have a great week!!!

Thank you Glen for your excellent choices, and of course to John for being so gracious is sharing the airwaves!
    Mark...it's a real pleasure to do the "Listener's Choice" series...I hope that folks consider trying their hand at it!!