[REMOVE ADS]

Finders Keepers - Chairmen of The Board on Soul Train

General Johnson also name checks some of the Invictus backroom musicians including McKinley Jackson.

I noticed Bernie Worrell was with them. I did not know he was with the Chairman of the Board before Parliament/Funkadeliac.

I played on the original session.

Dennis really? That is awesome! Also thanks for signing my book for me that time you all were in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I noticed Bernie Worrell was with them. I did not know he was with the Chairman of the Board before Parliament/Funkadeliac.
    Bernie Worrell [[along with other members of Parliament/Funkadelic) played on 'Finders Keepers' [[and the "Skin I'm In" album). He was a member of P/F since 1970 and was only doing a guest shot with the Chairmen for their appearance on "Soul Train".

I seem to remember that record was one of the sessions we did with the HDH rhythm section. They may have re-cut it but we did most of the HDH records at Tower Studios after we did their first non Motown sessions at Tera Shirma. I remember the head of Motown security was at Tera Shirma taking footage with a video camera of people going into the studio.

Chairmen had an amazing sound. I bought all their early Invictus releases and always remember the day I got "You've Got Me Danglin" on 45 - it had "Patches" on the B side and I gave a loud shout of excitement in the shop. Everyone looked at me funny lol. I was young!

In fact all the B sides were good- "Give Me Just A Little More Time" had Danny's lead on "Since The Days of Pigtails and Fairytales" on the reverse.

McKinley Jackson was the arranger of a lot of those HDH sessions. I played on Give Me Just A Little Time, You've Got me Dangling, and Patches.

Thanks for your contributions Dennis. How would a rhythm track session at HDH differ [[or be similar to!) a Hitsville session?

They're all classics Dennis.

I wasn't impressed with the cover of the first Chairmen album - but I really loved the music [[and still do).

The rhythm section at HDH tower studios were me and Ray Monette on guitars until Ray joined Rare Earth and then me and Ray Parker Jr. on guitars. Peanut on bass, Zack on drums, Sylvester Rivers on keyboards, and Jerry on congas.