[REMOVE ADS]

Tata Vega - Try My Love / Givin' All My Love DIGITAL DOWNLOADS information?

Anyone have information regarding the 4 previously unreleased Tata Vega songs in the digital versions of her albums - Try My Love '78 and Givin' All My Love '80

did you get a digital booklet with the downloads?

any backstory on MY LOVE IS ALIVE.. i'm guessing this is an outtake from Try My Love perhaps ??

what about STAY WITH ME .. is this an outtake from Givin' ?

i read somewhere.. i think Tata mentioned herself on facebook that she had some additional sessions at Motown after her Givin' LP.. was there a cancelled 5th album ?

both INSIDE OUTSIDE and TO THE LIMIT sound alot later than 1980.. i'd say around 1982.. both have that awesome early 80's boogie /funk sound..

when did her Motown contract expire.. anyone know?

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Anyone have information regarding the 4 previously unreleased Tata Vega songs in the digital versions of her albums - Try My Love '78 and Givin' All My Love '80

did you get a digital booklet with the downloads?

any backstory on MY LOVE IS ALIVE.. i'm guessing this is an outtake from Try My Love perhaps ??

what about STAY WITH ME .. is this an outtake from Givin' ?

i read somewhere.. i think Tata mentioned herself on facebook that she had some additional sessions at Motown after her Givin' LP.. was there a cancelled 5th album ?

both INSIDE OUTSIDE and TO THE LIMIT sound alot later than 1980.. i'd say around 1982.. both have that awesome early 80's boogie /funk sound..

when did her Motown contract expire.. anyone know?

THANK YOU
    I'm not sure when her contract expired but they lost a great talent when she left the company.

Hi Waldo,

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to do a digital book for the Tata sets. But luckily, they did allow me to add those great bonus tracks.

Yes, My Love Is Alive is an outtake from Try My Love, recorded in 1977. Likewise, Stay With Me is an outtake from Givin' All My Love.

Inside/Outside and Take Me To The Limit were both cut in 1983 and produced by Nolen and Crossley.

Also, when Tata says, "help, I'm a rock" it's a tribute to Frank Zappa!

Tata was a pleasure to work with when we did this project. I absolutely love her! There are more unreleased tracks in the vault and we would both love to get them released one day in the future!

Best Always,

Andy
    Last edited by Motown Andy; 01-13-2015 at 09:46 PM.

awww thank you Andy. you are awesome. i really appreciate your reply. YES me too! i would love to hear those other canned Tata songs someday. are you able to reveal any of the other song titles?? lol . i am crazy about her voice.

check out this. Tata was soooo sexy here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw19Aj5d98M

What are the songwriting credits for "Stay With Me", "Inside Outside" and "To the Limit"?

Did Al Johnson arrange "Stay With Me"? What about "My Love Is Alive"? I have a feeling the latter might be an André Fischer arrangement.

What were the release dates for "Givin' All My Love" and "You Keep Me Hangin' on"? I can't find a refence to either in the Billboard archives. I've found reference to a March 1981 release for the album and a January 1981 release for the single in the UK. Looking at the Cat# for the single, it was perhaps released in August/September 1980 in the US.

The label for the single of "You Keep Me Hangin' on" gives a running time of 3.50. Is that accurate? Is the 7" just a fade of the 4.17 Single Mix on this digital release?

On first listen to the fourth album, "Reachin' All Around My Love" sounds like the single. "There's Love In the World" is also a standout. Was G.C Cameron drafted in for "Second Wind" because Al Johnson had signed with Columbia?
    Last edited by smallworld; 12-06-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Oooh, great thread. I managed to download these Tata albums too, they're great. Try My Love is my fave I think... just love "I Just Keep Thinking About You"... "Get It Up For Love"... ooh and "Whopper Bopper Show Stopper"... YES love it.

I had no idea that Nolen & Crossley produced those two tracks on Tata though! That’s great. I shall have to revisit them now I know!!!!

Also, great to hear there are more unreleased Tata tracks!!!!!

Apart from that, I cannot answer any of your questions smallworld, sorry about that, lol

I remember liking "Inside Outside" and "To The Limit" when I first heard them, but they're fantatsic. I have a new appreciation for them! Might be because I actually know who Nolen & Crossley are now, lol

"Stay With Me" is also excellent!!!

I'm so glad that this album was reissued as a digital download with bonus tracks! Thank you very much!!!