Hey all,

I've been working on www.pfunkportal.com for the past few months, and have added a number of song credits for Parliament-Funkadelic, Sly & The Family Stone, James Brown, Zapp & Roger, and other funk groups. I've decided to switch it up a bit, and after discovering the Complete Motown Singles collection series, decided to go through Motown. My plan is to go through all fourteen volumes of that series and add to www.pfunkportal.com all the credits I can find in the booklets, on the Internet, etc. for those songs.

I understand that a lot of these credits are questionable, forgotten, lost, or even unrecoverable, but I think that with the great deal of knowledge I've seen in these forums, and the recollections of surprisingly high number of people who were present for those wonderful recordings and frequent this site, we may be able to recover and consolidate a fairly significant amount of information. And even if a large chunk of the Funk Brothers song-by-song credits are not recoverable, a great deal of the vocal information can surely be captured, and data such as every song Melvin Franklin had a feature on, for instance, would certainly be possible to gather.

If you know of any credits [[or disagree with any as I put them up), or have really any information about Motown in general, please let me know on this thread or shoot me an email at admin@pfunkportal.com. I am not by any means a Motown historian or human encyclopedia, so don't be afraid to send me something that you might think is too obvious; it's possible that I don't know it! I would also love to know of any resources [[books, websites, other music collections, etc.) anyone knows about that would help attach more credits to songs; maybe a mythical Motown song credit database already exists and I haven't yet found it!

Lastly, I'd appreciate any feedback you have about the site: any additional data that you think should be captured, any improvements that could be made to the site in general, any suggestions, etc.

I'll hopefully have the first volume up within a week, and I'll use this thread to update when I've added a new volume. Thanks everyone!