[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Jan 6, 9P-12M ET:By Request! Andy and George and "Let Yourself Go!

Howdy there, Popsickles! Is it COLD enough for ya? I shouldn't joke....it's bitter in New England and only gonna get bitterer! Well...let me warm you up with tonight's show. Last week I gave you a replay of the world premiere airing of "Let Yourself Go...the 70's Supremes Final Sessions" with Mary Wilson, Susaye Greene and Scherrie Payne live [[at the time) talking about their careers and this new [[also at the time) UMe release. Also on the show, and without whom I couldn't have done the show, was our friend Andy Skurow. Well....that was only Part one! Part Two, also from May of 2011, was a show that had not only producer Andy...but his co-producer George Solomon...and you will hear that replay tonight! So prepare a cocoa or a brandy....and sit back and hear the guys talk about not only what was involved in producing this amazing cd boxset....but lots of just plain Motown talk! That's tonight on "Nightflight" on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org See you on the radio! Thanks! John

http://www.amoeba.com/music/artist/91665

Hmmh....????? artist bio picture??????

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post

Wowwwwwww!!! THAT was a shock!

That "artist bio picture" is Donna Summer, Scherrie & Susaye!!!!!!!?????

...in the studio....Howdyyyyyy, Popsickles!!!

Here for Part 2!

By the way, it was 80 degrees here in LA today!

Happy New Year John! Glad to be joining in for part 2

My oh my. John Perrone broadcasting from the echo chamber at Hitsville!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Here for Part 2!
    Excellent!! And DON'T rub it in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacramento John View Post
    Happy New Year John! Glad to be joining in for part 2
    John.....Happy New Year....glad you're here to HEAR!!!

Hi John!

Carl and I are here listening. Sorry we missed you last week. Hope you are doing wonderful, as always!

Glen

My oh my. John Perrone broadcasting from the echo chamber at Hitsville!
    Howdy Carole....yes...I was a bit echoey....wasn't I??

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Hi John!

Carl and I are here listening. Sorry we missed you last week. Hope you are doing wonderful, as always!

Glen
    Glen....missed you guys.....glad you are here!!!

I know that this is a listener request re-broadcast, but you did state that Andy is listening.
    With the mention of Hip-O-Select, it is possible for Andy to comment here online about any progress with the search for a third party provider for cd releases of "Diana Ross & the Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl" and "Baby It's Me Expanded Edition"?

I know that this is a listener request re-broadcast, but you did state that Andy is listening.
    With the mention of Hip-O-Select, it is possible for Andy to comment here online about any progress with the search for a third party provider for cd releases of "Diana Ross & the Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl" and "Baby It's Me Expanded Edition"?
    Not sure, Carole...I left him a message

Howdy John. It's gonna be 28F here tomorrow night for a few hours, so the city will be paralyzed on Thursday!! Hope you're staying warm.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Howdy John. It's gonna be 28F here tomorrow night for a few hours, so the city will be paralyzed on Thursday!! Hope you're staying warm.
    Hello there, Mike!!! Good luck with that weather.....it's hard to stay warm here....bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr

Howdy Johnny and other fellow Nightflight listeners and friends. Been listening all along. Just logged in a tad bit on the late side. Good stuff!

Howard in Long Beach, CA
    Last edited by MotownLover; 01-07-2015 at 10:43 PM.

This show is so much fun! Thank you John for re-airing it. I'm learning a lot from my younger self. I'm really sorry I missed last week! Carole, nothing I can report at the moment, but I hope to have some good news to discuss in the coming months. And I love that pic with Susaye! :-)

Can you believe since this aired in 2011, we've done expanded editions of More Hits, At The Copa, Touch Me In the Morning, I Hear A Symphony, Diana Ross [[76), The Singles Collection, Funny Girl and Baby It's Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    This show is so much fun! Thank you John for re-airing it. I'm learning a lot from my younger self. I'm really sorry I missed last week! Carole, nothing I can report at the moment, but I hope to have some good news to discuss in the coming months. And I love that pic with Susaye! :-)
    ANdy...thanks to you and George and those Supremes for doing the show. Yes...TWO TONS o' FUN! And so much great information!

I'm hearing this for the first time. It makes me remember how much I love these recordings by Mary, Scherrie, Susaye and Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I'm hearing this for the first time. It makes me remember how much I love these recordings by Mary, Scherrie, Susaye and Cindy.
    George....thanks for this...so informative....so much fun....I truly appreciate it!

I absolutely love the long unedited version of "You're My Driving Wheel." Scherrie really kills it on the lead vocal and the instrumental arrangement just suits her style so well. What a great cut!

Fabulous show, John. Thanks for airing it again.

Wonderful show as always John. Special thanks to George and Andy as well for always being so gracious to share their Supreme knowledge with us fans. Baby Its Me Expanded is still getting wore into the ground by me lol. Look forward to new things to come this year!

Enjoy your week everyone!

John, I got a huge kick out of your comment "I'm SO jealous I could spit," in context of George and Andy having access to all the Tamla/Motown tape library vault. Thankfully their sharing stories and the music they have over the past several years makes us feel that we have had an inside peek. I remember back in the day when Tower Records was still in business and I would travel to Seattle and pick up their chain magazine. There was a two part feature story on the legendary Motown vault that I was lucky enough to obtain, and I always had fantasies of what treasures were hidden away. Happily, I have been able to have my curiosity satisfied, and thanks to you and your connection with these great guys, we are all the richer with the music they made available. May 2015 and beyond bring more valued gems to light! Thanks again for re-broadcasting this entire program which I missed out on on the first go' round!

Yes these shows with Andy & George are always so informative!!! Unfortunately, had to miss it. The trouble with working the night shift.

I do have a question though…

What was the 1st Hipo-Select Motown release that Andy & George promoted on Nightflight? Does it go all the way back to Where Did Our Love Go 40th Anniversary Edition ?

greg jones
    los ángeles, ca

That's not Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Fabulous show, John. Thanks for airing it again.
    Mike...thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Wonderful show as always John. Special thanks to George and Andy as well for always being so gracious to share their Supreme knowledge with us fans. Baby Its Me Expanded is still getting wore into the ground by me lol. Look forward to new things to come this year!

Enjoy your week everyone!
    Glen...thanks so much! And I'm looking forward to your "Listener's Choice" show!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John, I got a huge kick out of your comment "I'm SO jealous I could spit," in context of George and Andy having access to all the Tamla/Motown tape library vault. Thankfully their sharing stories and the music they have over the past several years makes us feel that we have had an inside peek. I remember back in the day when Tower Records was still in business and I would travel to Seattle and pick up their chain magazine. There was a two part feature story on the legendary Motown vault that I was lucky enough to obtain, and I always had fantasies of what treasures were hidden away. Happily, I have been able to have my curiosity satisfied, and thanks to you and your connection with these great guys, we are all the richer with the music they made available. May 2015 and beyond bring more valued gems to light! Thanks again for re-broadcasting this entire program which I missed out on on the first go' round!
    Yes, Mark...such a classy comment I made [[*smile)! Andy and George are always a great pleasure to have on the show....sharing with us all the ins and outs. Mark...thank you for your support of it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Yes these shows with Andy & George are always so informative!!! Unfortunately, had to miss it. The trouble with working the night shift.

I do have a question though…

What was the 1st Hipo-Select Motown release that Andy & George promoted on Nightflight? Does it go all the way back to Where Did Our Love Go 40th Anniversary Edition ?

greg jones
    los ángeles, ca
    Greg...sorry you missed the show. The first release promoted? I think "Let Yourself Go...." was George's first...last night's show done in May 2011 was when I actually met him...on the air! I can't remember Andy's first time on the show...maybe he can remember. But the first release I did was with Harry Weinger ....Harry had been on a number of show's before Andy came on board.