[REMOVE ADS]

1976 Academy Awards Show: DIANA Via Satellite From Amsterdam - MAHOGANY Theme

Includes untelevised behind-the-scenes footage and a snippet of the movie; then footage from Diana's performance for the Oscars show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1sN_tmVec

Many thanks to Reflections1979 for this YouTube posting.

A bit of controversy: As I recall at the time, it had been reported that the script written for the show had Walter Matthau introducing Ross as 'sensational' which he refused to do as he did not find her so.

On my very first visit to Amsterdam in the 80s, I couldn't resist walking over the bridges over the canals.
    One of those ultimate Diva moments! No one! No one does it better for me!
    Hollywood couldn't let a black artist and company show them how it was done so they gave it to that very unmemorable song from "Nashville". America the effing beautiful.
    Clive Davis took out full pg. ads in Variety and The Hollywood Reporter lobbying for its nomination because they weren't even gonna give it a nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Includes untelevised behind-the-scenes footage and a snippet of the movie; then footage from Diana's performance for the Oscars show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1sN_tmVec

Many thanks to Reflections1979 for this YouTube posting.

A bit of controversy: As I recall at the time, it had been reported that the script written for the show had Walter Matthau introducing Ross as 'sensational' which he refused to do as he did not find her so.
    More reason for me to be offended by Matthau's horrifying mug. A face you could only laugh at.

Thanks so much for sharing. I well remember being mesmerized by the performance and thinking about "CLASS" shinning through the presentation. The video has long been sought after. Merry Christmas to ALL.