[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Frances Nero

Frances Nero

I was on Frances Neros daughters facebook and it appears as if though Miss Nero has had a stroke keep her in your prayers,

Best wishes and get well soon, Frances.

I met her once. Nice lady. I pray that she makes a full recovery.

Thanks for posting this Stephanie. There are updates on Frances's Facebook page as well. She is in my prayers.

Hi!

I hope for a fully recovery, too.
    My interview with her about four years ago at
    http://www.soulexpress.net/deep110.htm#francesnero

Best regards
    Heikki

I am so very saddened to report that this wonderful and talented member of our Motown family passed away today. Please see her Facebook page for postings by her family. She will be missed.

So many we are losing. Condolences to her Family; I see it on FB too.

We should always think before we do the negative post on any heritage artist ~ many of them do not have lots of tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear of this. Frances Nero was a regular at the get-togethers the Detroit SDF crew used to have. She was always very pleasant and informative. Nice lady with a lot of talent.

RIP Frances Nero

Thank you for the music.

Name:  _MG_0024.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  92.2 KBName:  _MG_0118.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  65.9 KBName:  _MG_0163.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  92.5 KBSuch a shame she was a lovely lady and a bunch of us spent some great times and magical moments with her and Kim and Brenda back in 2005 - she will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by stalebagel View Post
    I am so very saddened to report that this wonderful and talented member of our Motown family passed away today. Please see her Facebook page for postings by her family. She will be missed.
    Oh lord I will call you.

Such a beautiful lady.

Sad news, I also just saw this on facebook. A great singer! She was also almost an early Marvelette according to one of her interviews. So much rich history passing away!

"ALMOST A MARVELETTE
    Frances moved to Detroit in 1960. “When I married my first husband, Johnny Nero, I used to live in a rooming house. It was only one room. One day I heard these girls singing, I came out, sat on the stairs and heard them saying that they needed somebody to sing part of the harmony. One girl was missing. I just said ‘I can sing’, and one of the girls said ‘we don’t need you, we already got somebody’. Then Katherine Anderson of the Marvelettes said ‘let her come down and sing the part. We got to get it together, and we can’t find the girl’. I went down and started singing, and we were harmonizing really good. They were scheduled to sing at a talent contest at Inkster High School, but at the same time I got homesick, so I went back home to North Carolina and stayed there for a few months, and while I was there I saw this magazine cover ‘Marvelettes discovered by Motown’” [[laughing)."

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep110.htm#francesnero
    Last edited by soulballad; 11-28-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Sorry to hear the sad new,about Frances Nero,my heart goes out to her Family

Frances Nero was the sweetest and kindest person, and I adored her. We worked together on her wonderful hit, FOOTSTEPS FOLLOWING ME, with the participation of songwriter Ivy Joe Hunter who sat in on our session as Pat Lewis came up with those hooky BG arrangements, and then sang them with Louvain Demps and the wonderful ANDANTES. I kept thinking, "This is such a wonderful song. What a shame it will get lost in the plethora of MotorCity releases. BUT it didn't, flying up the pop charts. My partner, Paul Tams, managed her during this time, arranging for tours in the UK, and organizing the video, which is lovely. She will be missed. Thank goodness we still have some wonderful music.
    Last edited by sgianatos; 11-29-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: misspelling

Those were definitly the days

Quote Originally Posted by sgianatos View Post
    Frances Nero was the sweetest and kindest person, and I adored her. We worked together on her wonderful hit, FOOTSTEPS FOLLOWING ME, with the participation of songwriter Ivy Joe Hunter who sat in on our session as Pat Lewis came up with those hooky BG arrangements, and then sang them with Louvain Demps and the wonderful ANDANTES. I kept thinking, "This is such a wonderful song. What a shame it will get lost in the plethora of MotorCity releases. BUT it didn't, flying up the pop charts. My partner, Paul Tams, managed her during this time, arranging for tours in the UK, and organizing the video, which is lovely. She will be missed. Thank goodness we still have some wonderful music.
    I remember the time I spent with Frances, She was a very nice positive person and really pleased to have gotten a 2nd chance in the music industry. I would drive from work in St. Albans down to Lewisham to collect her from Paul Tamms' house [[He was her manager and advisor at the time and she was staying at his house in Lewisham) We would then drive over to Acton in West London to Ian's Levine's Southlands Studios, spend 4 or 5 hours recording tracks. Then I would drive her all the way back to Lewisham and then get back home at 2.00am, ready for work the following day. This was all worth it because it gave me time to talk with Frances and I got to know her really very well. She really was a nice genuine lovely person. RIP Frances I will always remember you with fondness

RIP Miss Nero. Does anyone else hear a Freda-Payne-like quality in Miss Nero's vocals?