[REMOVE ADS]

Any movie music fans out there?

A great film and memorable music.http://www.screenarchives.com/title_...2CD-PRE-ORDER/

Some of my other favorite movie music is "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" and "Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?"

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    A great film and memorable music.http://www.screenarchives.com/title_...2CD-PRE-ORDER/

Some of my other favorite movie music is "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" and "Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?"
    I was watching an old film on Turner classics, Mildred Pierce and I heard a piece of music by a composer who used the same bit of music in another film.

Was it Max Steiner?

It's not the score of a film, but the main theme., Ia recent favorite is It Might Be You by Stephen Bishop. ootsie has been airing on cable lately and I really like the song. It has a great melody.

Here's a bit of trivia: It Might Be You popped up in another film in the 1990s. Can you name it?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-16-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I was watching an old film on Turner classics, Mildred Pierce and I heard a piece of music by a composer who used the same bit of music in another film.

Was it Max Steiner?

It's not the score of a film, but the main theme., Ia recent favorite is It Might Be You by Stephen Bishop. ootsie has been airing on cable lately and I really like the song. It has a great melody.

Here's a bit of trivia: It Might Be You popped up in another film in the 1990s. Can you name it?
    Well....you got me? I'm rather lousy with newer films.
    Max Steiner was one of the greats. I, also, think Bernard Herrmann was also one of the greats. Check out his score for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir....the man could really do 'moody/atmospheric' music like no other.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Mrs-Muir...9933359&sr=1-1
    Last edited by blueskies; 11-16-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Personally Im not into soundtracks I like the MGM musicals with Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland [[Strike up the Band, Babes In Arms..etc) The ONE movie I remember watching and loving the one song from Children of a Lesser God it was a song called Boomerang and I couldnt get it out of my mind for years! Movies like Showboat and Oklahoma dont do it for me although I think Howard Keel has a great voice and did until the day he died. I like the music from film noir though like da-da-da-daaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! when someone has been shot or is going to get killed. Oh the other one that has stuck with me is Willie Wonka the Oompha loompah song....LOL

The only movie I can think of where I went ecstatic over every song in the movie was West Side Story and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with the Wonderful Robert Morse! I loved him and still do on MadMen and I can never forget him singing the Brotherhood of Man. I must give honorable mention to Paul Anka though I think he did the music for the war movie the Longest Day.

pshark Guest
    Nice thread

And then there's:
    Superfly
    Shaft
    That's the Way Of The World
    Car Wash
    Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by pshark View Post
    Nice thread

And then there's:
    Superfly
    Shaft
    That's the Way Of The World
    Car Wash
    Purple Rain
    Love me some "Car Wash" with the Pointer Sisters!!