[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Nov 18, 9P-12M ET: "Baby...It's Andy and George!!!"

Howdy there, Folks! A very special world premiere event for you tonight, on the heels of the brand new Universal/Motown release by Miss Diana Ross..."Baby It's Me" ...produced by Richard Perry. I have the pleasure of having the producers of the "Baby It's Me...the Expanded Edition" producers Andy Skurow and George Solomon on the show...discussing this long awaited collection! I'm most appreciative of Andy's and George's sharing this joyful and meticulous production on my show. Thanks, Guys! And a huge thank you to engineer Kevin Reeves for his masterful mixing and mastering, and to executive producer Harry Weinger! So join me for all this...and my special co-host Justine Alten...tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans...and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org Thanks so much! See you on the radio! John

I'll be "Gettin Ready For Love" and Nightflight all day. Nine can't get here fast enough! The Funny Girl show George and Andy put together with Kevin was exceptional and I'm sure this will be no less than outstanding and leave me feeling on 'Top Of The World."

[[That 2014 mix of TOTW btw is amazing. I had that on loop last night for about an hour until I got the side eye of death from Carl that he might like to hear a different track from the set.)

I can't encourage folks enough to buy this, gift it, and spread the word. I'm sure the show will be the final nudge for the holdouts though...

Final unpaid solicitation. Everyone scrounge through their couch cushions or skip a few Starbucks coffees and make a small donation to WOMR.ORG. They aren't snobs about the pledge size

Tonights show couldn't happen without them after all and it's important to "Spread Love" as Miss Ross is known to say....

See everyone here later!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    "... I have the pleasure of having the producers of the "Baby It's Me...the Expanded Edition" producers Andy Skurow and George Solomon on the show...discussing this long awaited collection! See you on the radio! John
    Will Andy & George be on the show 'Live' or will they be pre-recorded a la "Funny Girl"?

RossHolloway Guest
    I downloaded Baby It's Me last night on iTunes. Really looking forward to tonights show!

John, from past experiences listening to "Night Flight" when you've had Andy and George share their thoughts, I know just who exciting and informative the conversation will be this evening. I purchased my iTunes copy of "Baby It's Me," yesterday and one thing for sure, Baby, I'm in!

First, thank you thank you thank you for Baby It's Me. The work you do is tremendous.
    Second, any whispers, hints, rumors, intimations about The Supremes A Go Go? Pweeeeeeeeezzeeee?????

Kudos to Andy & George for for finally making this available!!!

Sadly, but i won't be listening tonite as i have to work! Though i do have a couple of questions:

• Were there not 12" versions from some of the songs from this album ? If so, why were they not included ?

• Since everything is going to do digital downloads, does preparing for digital downloads quicken the process for you by eliminating steps You would have to do for a physical release?

• Does catalog items going to digital downloads mean that we might get more back catalog items not currently available as downloads from record companies so that a good portion of a record companies catalog is available for downloads rather than being no longer available ?

Thanx for all the hard work guys, it is MUCH appreciated!!!

So exciting to hear Andy and George talk about "Baby It's Me" . Bought the download last night and it is wonderful. I love it. The new bonus tracks are to die for. I hope and pray it will eventually have a cd release.

Hi John. Can you please confirm that it's 2am UK time that your show commences? Thanks

Copley...my sources tell me you are 5 hours ahead of me...you are correct, sir!

Thanks. Will be recording it

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Thanks. Will be recording it
    I understand totally! Enjoy your sleep...then enjoy the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I'll be "Gettin Ready For Love" and Nightflight all day. Nine can't get here fast enough! The Funny Girl show George and Andy put together with Kevin was exceptional and I'm sure this will be no less than outstanding and leave me feeling on 'Top Of The World."

[[That 2014 mix of TOTW btw is amazing. I had that on loop last night for about an hour until I got the side eye of death from Carl that he might like to hear a different track from the set.)

I can't encourage folks enough to buy this, gift it, and spread the word. I'm sure the show will be the final nudge for the holdouts though...

Final unpaid solicitation. Everyone scrounge through their couch cushions or skip a few Starbucks coffees and make a small donation to WOMR.ORG. They aren't snobs about the pledge size

Tonights show couldn't happen without them after all and it's important to "Spread Love" as Miss Ross is known to say....

See everyone here later!
    Thank you, Glen!!! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John, from past experiences listening to "Night Flight" when you've had Andy and George share their thoughts, I know just who exciting and informative the conversation will be this evening. I purchased my iTunes copy of "Baby It's Me," yesterday and one thing for sure, Baby, I'm in!
    Thanks, Mark!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Will Andy & George be on the show 'Live' or will they be pre-recorded a la "Funny Girl"?
    Actually, Carole...I've had them flown in for the show...

I too downloaded the release from iTunes last night. BIM is probably my favorite DR album of all times. My faves are "You Got It", "Your Love Is So Good For Me", "All Night Lover", "Confide In Me", "The Same Love That Made Me Laugh" and 'Come In From The Rain". Of the new release, I liked "Brass Band" and "Room Enough For Two". I would love to hear the duet version of "Room" with Ross and Billy Preston. There was a hint of an updated Diana's Duets ... is it in the works? I am looking forward to the show tonight MJ. Can't wait til 9.

Speaking of what could possibly be in the works. I know this is off topic, but I've always wondered if there were un-released tracks, or alternate versions of songs from "The Boss" album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    I too downloaded the release from iTunes last night. BIM is probably my favorite DR album of all times. My faves are "You Got It", "Your Love Is So Good For Me", "All Night Lover", "Confide In Me", "The Same Love That Made Me Laugh" and 'Come In From The Rain". Of the new release, I liked "Brass Band" and "Room Enough For Two". I would love to hear the duet version of "Room" with Ross and Billy Preston. There was a hint of an updated Diana's Duets ... is it in the works? I am looking forward to the show tonight MJ. Can't wait til 9.
    Thanks, Tyrone!~! Glad you'll be listening!!

I won't be listening live but I'll be there in spirit and catch up on it later - huge thanks to all involved and extra special thanks to Midnight Johnny for giving us such great shows when these amazing releases come out!

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I won't be listening live but I'll be there in spirit and catch up on it later - huge thanks to all involved and extra special thanks to Midnight Johnny for giving us such great shows when these amazing releases come out!
    Eric...you'll be missed....glad you'll be able to hear the show! And....thank you...doing these shows is a privilege...and a pleasure!!!

Eric...you'll be missed....glad you'll be able to hear the show! And....thank you...doing these shows is a privilege...and a pleasure!!!
    Gettin' Ready For tonight's broadcast John. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great evening! I am loving Baby It's Me 2014! Another excellent collection from Andy and George - Thank you!!!

I have a question for Andy: He mentioned there are additional Jeffrey Bowen tracks in the vaults. Will they appear on a future Diana release?

...in the studio.....Howdeeeeee!!! Andy and George....shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Gettin' Ready For tonight's broadcast John. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great evening! I am loving Baby It's Me 2014! Another excellent collection from Andy and George - Thank you!!!

I have a question for Andy: He mentioned there are additional Jeffrey Bowen tracks in the vaults. Will they appear on a future Diana release?
    JohnnyB....great you'll be listening! I'm sure ANdy will catch your question....THANKS!! aND A BIG HELLO to DALLAS!

And away we go!

I can't get the stream to work! Aaargh!

Lulu Guest
    Is anyone else having problems connecting?

I wouldn't miss this for the world. Sounds great. Thanks MJ Andy and George!

Womr website, Tunein, iTunes. None are working.
    John...have your tech guy jiggle the handle... must.hear.George&Andy

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    And away we go!
    ...............Hi, MB!!

Wow love the new Getting Ready for Love mix. Thanks so much George and Andy can not thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Womr website, Tunein, iTunes. None are working.
    John...have your tech guy jiggle the handle... must.hear.George&Andy
    Brent...so sorry....we're doing a little checking here...I'll let you know if something reveals itself!

John. I notice my iTunes connection isn't available as well. Problem with plug in?

None of the streaming sources are working! Too bad. Too frustrating to playground with. Hope the show goes well! Nite to all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    I wouldn't miss this for the world. Sounds great. Thanks MJ Andy and George!
    David....Hello!!! You are most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John. I notice my iTunes connection isn't available as well. Problem with plug in?
    Mark...sorry you and others are having connection problems....we're trying to get in touch with tech support.....we are having the same trouble trying to connect as you
    we've tried them all.

Thanks John. Thank your tech person. Tune in is now working everyone.

Also, could not get it to work. Hope there is a podcast. Have fun[[Again) on the radio tonight guys! I will check in again a little later to see if I can get it to stream.

Lulu Guest
    I just got on Tune In but turned my wifi off.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Thanks John. Thank your tech person. Tune in is now working everyone.
    Brent....you can get Tune In...we haven't been able to...will continue to try....thanks!

Are we getting a digital version of A Go Go? Pweeeeeze. With kittens and sugar on top.

Finally online to hear the show. Super!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

John, if it's any help, when I tuned in to the station at 4:45 p.m. all was working. then I went to iTunes to listen to the entire "Baby It's Me" download and listened to it until just before 6 p.m, and when I went back to WOMR, mycomputer states I "don't have the plug in" when I go to your site. Mark

RossHolloway Guest
    I don't know what happened but I can't listen either. No on my laptop and not on my iPhone. UUUGGHHHHHH!!!!!

thomas96 Guest
    'Bout to tune in. Better late than never!! Looking forward to this John!

thomas96 Guest
    Can't get in either...

Will there be an expanded Ross 78 release in the future?

Can't get WOMR& I-Tunes to connect, nor Windows Media, nor Quicktime. What's Up????

I connected just fine. It is a great show. Thanks John.

...............Hi, MB!!
    HI MJ! Enjoying the show. Thanks for giving Andy and George a great platform to discuss "BIM".

Enjoying the show via my iPhone. No problems at all.