[REMOVE ADS]

How does Patti do it?-on the View today

Celebrating Whoopi's birthday. She knocked Over the Rainbow out of the park. Whoopi asked her how she sustains her voice but she didnt have an answer. Maybe it's just a gift to have 98% of her singing voice at age 70.

I saw her performance. She killed it and the hosts and audience appreciated her. We have been blessed lately to see some of our more mature divas like Aretha, Barbra, Bette, Gladys, and Patti performing on TV

I saw Patti and thought she was great.

I was really impressed by Vintage Trouble, the rock band who played at the end of the show. The singer, Ty Taylor, reminded me of a combo of James, Brown, Wilson Pickett and others. I thought they were fabulous. It was good to hear some good old fashioned rock and roll.

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mary G Jive Five View Post
    I saw Patti and thought she was great.

I was really impressed by Vintage Trouble, the rock band who played at the end of the show. The singer, Ty Taylor, reminded me of a combo of James, Brown, Wilson Pickett and others. I thought they were fabulous. It was good to hear some good old fashioned rock and roll.

~~Mary~~
    I will have to find that on youtube. The group Vintage Trouble opened for Van Hunt a few years ago and I was completely blown away by their performance. That lead singer was a ball of fire. It was like watching a baptist preacher with a bit of James Brown and Jackie Wilson. Thanx for posting

Hi Glencro,
    You're welcome. I agree completely. I looked them up on youtube and found a performance they did on Letterman, plus other performances, like one with Joss Stone and Ty Taylor doing Eddie Floyd's "Knock On Wood". Their "live" performances blow me away!!

~~Mary~~

70 years old and still singing like it's 1985... that's genius.