[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    This is sooooooooooo rich; Marv2 accusing someone of lying. LMAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!
    Who are you?

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Who are you?
    Now granted I am or was new to this place. But I recall seeing postings at the old place of Marv2 talking about some sort of major TV program that was very hush, hush. Now it seems that when it's brought up he tends to plead the 5th. And this this lame "who are you" excuse is just adorable.

topdiva1 Guest
    This thread is about the upcoming Flo Ballard Movie - monitor yourselves, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    This thread is about the upcoming Flo Ballard Movie - monitor yourselves, please!!!

Exactly! thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    Now granted I am or was new to this place. But I recall seeing postings at the old place of Marv2 talking about some sort of major TV program that was very hush, hush. Now it seems that when it's brought up he tends to plead the 5th. And this this lame "who are you" excuse is just adorable.

You are lying and need to stop it. Go find it and post my talking ab out a TV special ok? What you will find is this person Jonc talking about some TV special. Not me.

Faith Evans to star in real life 'Dreamgirls'
    By now everyone knows that "Dreamgirls," though fiction, was really pretty much the story of the Supremes, only with a much happier ending. In real life, the story of Florence Ballard [[whose character loosely inspired "Effie," the outcast member of the group) ended on a much sadder note. And a new film is being prepped that won't shy away from reality, whether good and bad. "Blondie - The Florence Ballard Story," due in theaters in the summer of 2011, will star R&B singer Faith Evans as the woman who helped found the Supremes and sang lead until the arrival of Diana Ross, who became the sole front-person. As the group evolved, Ballard's relationship with it became more strained until she left to start a solo career, then died unexpectedly at age 32. Ballard's daughters pursued Evans for the role, and she'll also record songs for the soundtrack. The film - based on Peter Benjaminson's book "The Lost Supreme" - is expected to begin shooting soon in Atlanta.

Romeo San Vicente is telling you he is not going. He can be reached care of this publication or at DeepInsideHollywood@qsyndicate.com.

Now Marv, face the music. All of these people above are telling the truth. You posted many times about doing some TV thing for Motown 50 and you weren't allowed to tell, at least not us. And then it, with most other things Motown 50, tanked. So, these people are not lying. I was here and many people that are no longer here because of antics like that, also saw it.

Also, you posted an allegation that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross killed Florence Ballard which is why you so deeply want this movie to adhere to this warped thinking. Is that what got you kicked off here once?

Also, you were regularly reporting people on here to Mary Wilson for saying things you didn't like! And it has now come to light that at least 2 of the people still on here who are friends of Marys say she doesn't even know who are you.

So........time to face the music handsome.

I am sorry for causing so much trouble. I thought I read about a Motown 50 TV special here and that somebody named Marv was the director or something. It seemed like a natural tie in to this exciting new movie about Florence Ballard. I knew it was all too good to be true.

At our Avon Christmas Party I told everyone about this site, the movie about Miss Ballard and the Motown 50 TV Special. We were all excited about this news. We were going to bring up at our national convention about Avon sponsoring the TV special.

Can you imagine "Come See About Me" perfume or "Reflections" lip gloss or "You Can't Hurry Love" eye liner? We had all kinds of ideas and the the age group we cater too seemed perfect. Oh well.

I hope this movie gets made.

Peace be with you all this Holiday Season;
    Penny

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Now Marv, face the music. All of these people above are telling the truth. You posted many times about doing some TV thing for Motown 50 and you weren't allowed to tell, at least not us. And then it, with most other things Motown 50, tanked. So, these people are not lying. I was here and many people that are no longer here because of antics like that, also saw it.

Also, you posted an allegation that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross killed Florence Ballard which is why you so deeply want this movie to adhere to this warped thinking. Is that what got you kicked off here once?

Also, you were regularly reporting people on here to Mary Wilson for saying things you didn't like! And it has now come to light that at least 2 of the people still on here who are friends of Marys say she doesn't even know who are you.

So........time to face the music handsome.

are you losing your mind?

Penny, I love you already! Stay around ok.

Marv, you wish I would vanish! Unfortunately...........I have got your number!

I wonder if Penny is Elegant Soul come back to haunt Marv!

iconicpuff Guest

LOLOL!!
    I reconmember ES when he was PK and think he's more of a Hai Karate or Brut 33 type of aroma rather than Avon.

iconicpuff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I am sorry for causing so much trouble. I thought I read about a Motown 50 TV special here and that somebody named Marv was the director or something. It seemed like a natural tie in to this exciting new movie about Florence Ballard. I knew it was all too good to be true.

At our Avon Christmas Party I told everyone about this site, the movie about Miss Ballard and the Motown 50 TV Special. We were all excited about this news. We were going to bring up at our national convention about Avon sponsoring the TV special.

Can you imagine "Come See About Me" perfume or "Reflections" lip gloss or "You Can't Hurry Love" eye liner? We had all kinds of ideas and the the age group we cater too seemed perfect. Oh well.

Penny
    LOLOL!!!!
    Chuffing heck! Do Avon do panty pads? I think I just wet myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post

Penny
    Oh my that was Rich!!!!
    I truly hope this film finally gets made so this mess can end about the girls bickering and hating and backstabbing each other. It will be 50 years in January since 1961 the girls finally went into show business officially. I celebrate with them and I still mourn the loss of Flo but it is time to move on!!! The only thing I regret is not seeing Barbara on stage with them but even she has no desire to discuss Flo, Mary or Diana [[and guess what? she knows them). I am glad Diana was the lead on all those hits because who knows what would have happen if Mary or Flo had been on lead. We may have never heard from them after "Where Did Our Love Go" if Mary or Flo had of been on it.

This film if it ever gets off the ground will probably only deal with Flo after The Supremes, obviously if there was going to be a Diana or Mary or Cindy in this film they would have announced the actor by now but so far I have heard nothing. I don't need to see a film showing Mary rehearsing with Cindy while Flo goes irate or Diana asking for her own dressing room.

Enough of the bickering already. As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this? I have a few irons in the fire myself that I can't seem to make fly right away. Rob, I'm disappointed in you. You seem to like to instigate this problem. Give it up. Have any of you that seem to like to criticize ever been involved with actual music or television production and know how complex things can get trying to work out a million details, legal or otherwise? I think not. So knock this crap off or this thread goes away.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Enough of the bickering already. As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this? I have a few irons in the fire myself that I can't seem to make fly right away. Rob, I'm disappointed in you. You seem to like to instigate this problem. Give it up. Have any of you that seem to like to criticize ever been involved with actual music or television production and know how complex things can get trying to work out a million details, legal or otherwise? I think not. So knock this crap off or this thread goes away.

Well said - sir - Many posters have no idea of what it takes to mount a project such as this, in these hard times. I thank you for your statement - and I can only hope this film on Flo Ballard gets done - THANKS!!!!

Thank you Diva. I hope the film works out, also.

Thanks Ralph.

You're welcome, Luke.

Oops! Sorry! It seemed like a lot of fun because the new lady totally bought into it all! So I thought it was pretty funny.

I will admit, I have sort of tuned out of the reminders of the special but this one was too much to pass up.

But I will pass up my next chance to mention it again.

It's no longer funny, Rob. Not even close. I will appreciate your efforts to rein the fat-mouthing in.

miss_lish Guest
    As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this?
    Like most folks who are actually in the industry, you have the good sense to keep your "irons" close to your chest until it is TIME to discuss and promote them. LOL! The bigger question is why do your rush to this pathological liars defense, Ralph? You must wanna see Avon saleswomen rioting in the street once they have found out there is no Motown 50 in the works; something many SDFers were aware of the moment the "hush-hush" announcement was published. A much more interesting question might be, why do you continuously rush to his defense? If someone blatantly lies, they gonna be called on it. You honestly can't be that confused, Ralphie. Simple.

Please don't use the Thread Banishment tactic to discipline us Ralph, we are not emotionally mature enough to withstand such a denial.

I guess you just don't get it, Miss Lish. You folks who seem to like to pick a fight with Marv [[show me one indescretion on his part, compared to this negativity I read on nearly a daily basis thrown his way) without thinking things out. Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

miss_lish Guest
    It's no longer funny, Rob. Not even close. I will appreciate your efforts to rein the fat-mouthing in.

It was never funny; pathetic would be a much more descriptive adjective.

miss_lish Guest
    I guess you just don't get it, Miss Lish. You folks who seem to like to pick a fight with Marv [[show me one indescretion on his part, compared to this negativity I read on nearly a daily basis thrown his way) without thinking things out. Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

Suspect whatever will help you sleep at night, my darling. And if all of the eye witness accounts are not sufficient to meet with your standards of proven guilty or innocent, patience is a virtue, my darling, Miss Lish is perusing her archives. Stay tuned..

miss_lish Guest
    Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

Oh! And how long must one hang out here, before one's opinion is considered to be valid? What are the exact time frame requirements; and where can I review the policy?

olamaebarto Guest
    Oh! And how long must one hang out here, before one's opinion is considered to be valid? What are the exact time frame requirements; and where can I review the policy?

Please Stay Postive, Dear.

miss_lish Guest
    Please Stay Postive, Dear.

Miss Lish is staying positive, my darling; she is positively fixxin' ta open this bottle of Red; have a toast to Florence Ballard and to this movie being made. xo

On a much more positive note I just got to work and opened my mail and there were 4 Supremes cd waiting for me from miss Lish - Im so grateful my depression has come back with a vengenance this week [[but Im still clean Ive taken no drugs)..just listening to "we remember sam Cooke" WOW this aint filler stuff the girls sound great,very mature ..and thats all that matters in the end isnt it? The music - thats what Flo means to me..a film would be nice..what would be nicer if all us soul buffs could get along..just for xmas

Miss Lish,
    Like it or not, I'm the policy here. Its the only way things will work. If you have a problem with that, I invite you to leave. If we understand one another, pop open the wine and give Soulful Detroit a toast.

what would be nicer if all us soul buffs could get along..just for xmas

Nomis,
    I couldn't agree with you more.

They dont come fairer and more patient than Ralph. We can all learn from his humanity at this time of year.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    They dont come fairer and more patient than Ralph. We can all learn from his humanity at this time of year.

Very well said, thank you luke. As we move forward into 2011, let us require more sense and sensibility from ourselves.

Happy Holidays to all.

smark21 Guest

If Penny is ES, than I'm glad he's found work as an Avon Lady as he can no longer work as a Pharmacist after being convicted of forging presciptions and hoarding pills at home to feed his pill addiction. Hope he's isn't sniffing the cosmetics though.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Oh my that was Rich!!!!
    I truly hope this film finally gets made so this mess can end about the girls bickering and hating and backstabbing each other. It will be 50 years in January since 1961 the girls finally went into show business officially. I celebrate with them and I still mourn the loss of Flo but it is time to move on!!! The only thing I regret is not seeing Barbara on stage with them but even she has no desire to discuss Flo, Mary or Diana [[and guess what? she knows them). I am glad Diana was the lead on all those hits because who knows what would have happen if Mary or Flo had been on lead. We may have never heard from them after "Where Did Our Love Go" if Mary or Flo had of been on it.

This film if it ever gets off the ground will probably only deal with Flo after The Supremes, obviously if there was going to be a Diana or Mary or Cindy in this film they would have announced the actor by now but so far I have heard nothing. I don't need to see a film showing Mary rehearsing with Cindy while Flo goes irate or Diana asking for her own dressing room.
    The Blondie movie facebook page has asked people to say what they would like to see in the movie and most respondents want to see scenes of Flo being mistreated and victimized by Diana and Berry.

smark21 Guest
    Good point, the Motown 50 special just didn't pan out, but I've enjoyed some of Marv's other TV productions.

smark21 Guest
    Miss Lish is staying positive, my darling; she is positively fixxin' ta open this bottle of Red; have a toast to Florence Ballard and to this movie being made. xo
    LOL! That's the spirit.

topdiva1 Guest
    If you think about it - you would realize that any "in fighting", will be kept to a minimum - there is so much more to the Florenece Ballard story - AFTER - she was ousted from The Supremes. They of course will touch on the drama within the group - but not to heavy - as the movie is mostly based on the effects on Flo - AFTER - she left The Supremes.

Or so I was told.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Good point, the Motown 50 special just didn't pan out, but I've enjoyed some of Marv's other TV productions.
    That Brady Bunch vs. The Partridge Family show hosted by Tonya Harding was wonderful.

smark21 Guest
    That Brady Bunch vs. The Partridge Family show hosted by Tonya Harding was wonderful.
    The best part was when The Partridges brought "Fake Jan" in as a surprise tag team partner. Eve Plumb was trembling in fear. Kudos to Marv for booking Geri Reschel. Hopefully there will be a Family Matters vs. Roseanne special in the near future.

Happiness Wished in a Very Odd Thread

olamaebarto Guest
    The best part was when The Partridges brought "Fake Jan" in as a surprise tag team partner. Eve Plumb was trembling in fear. Kudos to Marv for booking Geri Reschel. Hopefully there will be a Family Matters vs. Roseanne special in the near future.
    Well I might suggest a Cagney and Lacey vs. Get Christie Love, but I think "Christie" died.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    He's had the patience of a saint!

Everyone here @ Spirit Of Life Films would like to send our deepest condolences to the family of Teena Marie, a friend & supporter of the film had planned to be on the sound track. A beautiful woman. Teena will be missed by family, friends & Fans around the world! R.I.P Lady T

I didn't know Lady T was mentioned regarding Flo's film?

topdiva1 Guest
    If Penny is ES, than I'm glad he's found work as an Avon Lady as he can no longer work as a Pharmacist after being convicted of forging presciptions and hoarding pills at home to feed his pill addiction. Hope he's isn't sniffing the cosmetics though.
    Let us HOPE that these off topic comments and personal attacks on other posters CEASE in 2011, I will try to curve my fingers from posting such trash. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Stay on topic and stay postive. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Let us HOPE that these off topic comments and personal attacks on other posters CEASE in 2011, I will try to curve my fingers from posting such trash. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Stay on topic and stay postive. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    Makes you wonder doesn't it? Happy New Year indeed!

I'm beginning to think that Facebook page for Florence's movie is not authentic.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I'm beginning to think that Facebook page for Florence's movie is not authentic.
    You may be right - and it would not surprise me.

What does one look for to find this facebook page?

That is a good question. Where can you find the movie info about Florence Ballard on facebook?

No, Marv2; you didn't go on and on about your Motown 50 special, that so many are still waiting for; however, you did mention it more than once, and that it was hush-hush. Not to go all Diana Ross on your ass, butt I'm Still Waiting.

Welcome to the Forum Miss Penny. Your Motown enthusiasm is quite festive and refreshing. You should be warned, Miss Penny, that there are a few misguided souls here at Soulful Detroit who use Motown to bolster their egos. Marv2 announced he was involved with a hush-hush Motown special that never happened. Motown's 50th anniversary was last year, and no my darling, you haven't missed anything, the special never aired. Marv2 has been caught in so many lies, it's amazing he still posts here. You will learn quickly to take what some members have to say, with a boulder of salt. I'm sorry if you got excited over what is in fact another blatant lie from Marv2.

You are a liar and only come to this forum to start trouble where there is none. You came here once before to play games and disrupt the forum only to act like some fake martyr and beg Ralph to delete your membership. Grow up and get some sense!