[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Budget:$6,500,000 [[estimated)
    LMFAO. Try $65 estimated.

I find it funny that some Supremes fans act like 1970-1974 didn't exist. If that's the film's purpose I welcome it over Supremes "drama". Doesn't a huge portion of the book consists of her struggles as a mother dealing with a temperamental husband as well as her struggles to deal with the rape she endured at 16? It's more deep than cat fights with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross and a struggle of control between her and Berry Gordy. It's bigger than just a Motown thing, it's HER life. And as Maxine said herself, Flo's death wasn't that tragic because she was on the comeback. A blood clot in her heart ended what could've been a satisfying comeback for a woman who was born to sing. Isn't that what is REALLY important? Her status in the Supremes was enough to make her a legend but this biopic is focused on her overall life and if it's just focused on the Supremes, it'll be lost no matter how some would be satisfied to bring up supposed cat fights into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    LMFAO. Try $65 estimated.
    A two hour TV movie only costs about 3 Million to produce, so 6.5 Million for an independent film is quite good. I KNOW you've seen or at least HEARD of Latter Days, and like I said, that movie was made for 850,000$. Even if Gordy wanted to prohibit use of any Jobete songs in the film, we need to keep in mind that ALL of Flo's solos as a Supreme, as well as ALL of her ABC material is NOT Jobete, and would be easy to license, especially if Faith actually sings it, and doesn't lip-synch to the recordings. You wouldn't even have to get universal involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    A two hour TV movie only costs about 3 Million to produce, so 6.5 Million for an independent film is quite good. I KNOW you've seen or at least HEARD of Latter Days, and like I said, that movie was made for 850,000$. Even if Gordy wanted to prohibit use of any Jobete songs in the film, we need to keep in mind that ALL of Flo's solos as a Supreme, as well as ALL of her ABC material is NOT Jobete, and would be easy to license, especially if Faith actually sings it, and doesn't lip-synch to the recordings. You wouldn't even have to get universal involved.
    I don't really know for sure, but I do not believe that Berry can prohibit the use of Jobete songs since he no longer owns them. It is still very early and I would not at all rule out the music of the Original Supremes being included in this film.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I get all of your points Jill but based on their facebook page, their endless nonsensical bible quotes, shameless spiritual rallying, atrocious spelling, grammar and mispronouncing key names [[Chatman girls) I think this movie is one big hack job and I'll be very surprised if it ever gets made.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I find it funny that some Supremes fans act like 1970-1974 didn't exist. If that's the film's purpose I welcome it over Supremes "drama". Doesn't a huge portion of the book consists of her struggles as a mother dealing with a temperamental husband as well as her struggles to deal with the rape she endured at 16? It's more deep than cat fights with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross and a struggle of control between her and Berry Gordy. It's bigger than just a Motown thing, it's HER life. And as Maxine said herself, Flo's death wasn't that tragic because she was on the comeback. A blood clot in her heart ended what could've been a satisfying comeback for a woman who was born to sing. Isn't that what is REALLY important? Her status in the Supremes was enough to make her a legend but this biopic is focused on her overall life and if it's just focused on the Supremes, it'll be lost no matter how some would be satisfied to bring up supposed cat fights into the story.
    Faith Evans is in her late 30's and it may be wise to focus on these years, rather than the Supremes years as Faith is probably too old to be playing the younger Florence Ballard for much of the film, unless the filmmakers are going to make the same mistake as Kevin Spacey and the makers of that Bobby Darin bio pic Under the Sea that came out a few years ago.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Faith Evans is in her late 30's and it may be wise to focus on these years, rather than the Supremes years as Faith is probably too old to be playing the younger Florence Ballard for much of the film, unless the filmmakers are going to make the same mistake as Kevin Spacey and the makers of that Bobby Darin bio pic Under the Sea that came out a few years ago.
    It wouldn't matter if faith Evans is 112 years old. A very select few here want this movie to finish Gordy and Ross who are collectively almost 150 years old. LMFAO

And as Granny once said about those select few: "Don't tell me that child ain't sick! Nobody makes a noise like that on purpose!"

miss_lish Guest
    LMAO @ jobetrob!!

jonc Guest
    Today's facebook posting is simply beautiful. I'm farklempt. This movie may be going for the Trinity Broadcasting Network crowd. TBN icon Jan Crouch would make an excellent host to introduce the Blondie biopic on her "Movies with Popcorn and Jesus" night.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=jan+crouch

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Peacefulness is an inner sense of calm - it comes from becoming still - in order to reflect and meditate on our inner wisdom and receive answers. A peaceful heart is one that is free from worry and trouble. It's becoming quiet so we can look at things quietly so we can more clearly understand them and thus come up with creative solutions. It is learning to live in the present.

smark21 Guest
    Today's facebook posting is simply beautiful. I'm farklempt. This movie may be going for the Trinity Broadcasting Network crowd. TBN icon Jan Crouch would make an excellent host to introduce the Blondie biopic on her "Movies with Popcorn and Jesus" night.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Peacefulness is an inner sense of calm - it comes from becoming still - in order to reflect and meditate on our inner wisdom and receive answers. A peaceful heart is one that is free from worry and trouble. It's becoming quiet so we can look at things quietly so we can more clearly understand them and thus come up with creative solutions. It is learning to live in the present.
    Florence Ballard was a Quaker? This is going to be an interesting movie.

Maybe Jan will rename it "Movies with BUTTERED Popcorn and Jesus"?

Has anyone stopped to think that since Faith has been on Monique and announced this and numbers have been thrown out for a budget that maybe they have already gotten the ok to use the music from Jobete? I cant imagine them starting this film and not having all of the legal matters in place already.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Has anyone stopped to think that since Faith has been on Monique and announced this and numbers have been thrown out for a budget that maybe they have already gotten the ok to use the music from Jobete? I cant imagine them starting this film and not having all of the legal matters in place already.
    Ahemmmmmmmm...............!

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Maybe Jan will rename it "Movies with BUTTERED Popcorn and Jesus"?
    LMAO marybrewster.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Sure and Berry Gordy has signed on to play himself.

Stephanie.............Dreamgirls was a big budget movie starring the lady who followed Diana and Whitney in the Diva Line and they could not get Jobete copyrights. It certainly won't happen with a minor budget picture hooked to some odd religious group that doesn't seem to know the family names, can't write or spell properly.

Something isn't right here and it looks like the Ballard family is being taken advantage of.

It's too bad Dreamgirls turned into such a boring show.

Still, with the right people, a decent movie can be made of Flo's life.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Stephanie.............Dreamgirls was a big budget movie starring the lady who followed Diana and Whitney in the Diva Line and they could not get Jobete copyrights. It certainly won't happen with a minor budget picture hooked to some odd religious group that doesn't seem to know the family names, can't write or spell properly.

Something isn't right here and it looks like the Ballard family is being taken advantage of.

It's too bad Dreamgirls turned into such a boring show.

Still, with the right people, a decent movie can be made of Flo's life.
    JObetrob, with all due respect, Dreamgirls never went for Jobete copyrights because it was based on the Broadway musical so they already had songs.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    JObetrob, with all due respect, Dreamgirls never went for Jobete copyrights because it was based on the Broadway musical so they already had songs.
    thank YOU!

Shoot, Dreamgirls was based on the '81 play. What set everyone off was they were imitating Motown. It's funny as soon as people saw the sneak previews, that's when the comparisons to the Supremes took place. To be honest, the Dreamgirls could've been about ANY GIRL GROUP that was popular around the same time the Supremes were. The producers of that film knew what the hell they were doing. They wouldn't ask for rights because Motown songs weren't used and the songs used in the film were only made for Broadway.

I saw a good review where it basically dissed the entire film and dissed the notion that the Supremes were like them. In fact, he said the Supremes' music had more soul than the Dreamgirls numbers...and we know that's right!

F**k a "Dreamgirls". LOL

They're gonna have to try harder on their Facebook page if they want to keep fans and attract interest. Here's today's status update:

Butter popcorn

REALLY? BUTTER Popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    They're gonna have to try harder on their Facebook page if they want to keep fans and attract interest. Here's today's status update:

Butter popcorn

REALLY? BUTTER Popcorn?
    LOL! Someone better go call Paula Deen do that.

LOL @ "call Paula Deen".

smark21 Guest
    It's just been announced that Martha Cooldige, who directed the Halle Berry made for cable movie on Dorothy Dandridge ten years or so ago, will direct Blondie.

http://illuminati2g.com/site/2010/12...londie”/

That is more great news!

topdiva1 Guest
    That is more great news!
    Yes that is great news Marv - let us see who will have the last laugh. I wish all well on this project = which is already being very talked about.

It will indeed be one of the more interesting movies in the coming year.

Doesnt Berry still own a portion of Jobete?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No he does not. He sold it all.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post

I think he still does.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    I think he still does.
    He sold it in two parts.

topdiva1 Guest
    I believe that over the four or more years this movie has secretly been in development - all the legal questions got answered, and any legal rights needed, have been secured and paid for.

I am new here. Is this movie for real? This seems too good to be true. I wonder if Diana and Mary will get cameos or help in anyway?

Yes this film project is very real. It is wonderful that they are finally making it.

Even if this is small and deals with only a small portion of Blondie's life, it will be welcomed by the fans and a tribute to her.

Even if this is small and deals with only a small portion of Blondie's life, it will be welcomed by the fans and a tribute to her.
    This is not going to be small and it is going to deal with her LIFE. This is not going to be a remake of the "Unsung" program.

jonc Guest
    This is not going to be small and it is going to deal with her LIFE. This is not going to be a remake of the "Unsung" program.
    Will it be as big as your "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special Marv2?

Was there a Motown 50 Anniversary tv show? How did I miss that because I love Motown.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Was there a Motown 50 Anniversary tv show? How did I miss that because I love Motown.
    Marv2 announced here at SDF last Spring that he was working on a "Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" Penny.
    It was all hush hush if I recall correctly, and he couldn't and wouldn't talk about it.

I'm still very hopeful that Marv2's "Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" will still air Penny and you should send out positive vibes as well.

Dare to dream Penny and please stay positive.

I hope this is true

I would love if this Motown 50 special news is true. I am hoping that this Marv person is the producer or director and can release this soon. Can he tell us any more about this. My world is rocked today reading this.

jonc Guest
    I would love if this Motown 50 special news is true. I am hoping that this Marv person is the producer or director and can release this soon. Can he tell us any more about this. My world is rocked today reading this.
    All i can say is dare to dream Penny and welcome to the forum dear.

Thank you. It's so exciting to be on here. I am learning so much and I found out that Susaye Greene actually posts here. I can't believe famous people come here too. And now I find out about another Motown tv special. This is going to be a very good Christmas. Motown 25 was so good and I'll bet 50 will be spectacular. I'll check back into this site later. I am off to an avon house party and I can't wait to tell all my girlfriends about finding this website.

What are you talking about? Did I miss something?

Read the last 6 posts and you'll see you indeed did miss something!

It's pretty funny as usual.

Love the Avon party! Was it good, Penny?

Read the last 6 posts and you'll see you indeed did miss something!

It's pretty funny as usual.

Love the Avon party! Was it good, Penny?
    Really? How so?

Well, Marv, you went on and on about this special.

And then Jonc never let you forget about the special regardless of whether it was a figment of your imagination or real.

And now poor Penny has come new to the forum and figures it's all for real and it'll happen two years [[or 3) after the anniversary!

And an Avon party to cap it all off! You've gotta love it.

And then Jonc never let you forget about the special regardless of whether it was a figment of your imagination or real.

And now poor Penny has come new to the forum and figures it's all for real and it'll happen two years [[or 3) after the anniversary!

You are lying! I did not go on and on about anything. You are lying and confused. That was your friend Jonc that went on and one about something that was none of his business. I don't know Penny, but you are lying.

Oh, and it is still none of your business! LOL!!!

miss_lish Guest
    No, Marv2; you didn't go on and on about your Motown 50 special, that so many are still waiting for; however, you did mention it more than once, and that it was hush-hush. Not to go all Diana Ross on your ass, butt I'm Still Waiting.

Welcome to the Forum Miss Penny. Your Motown enthusiasm is quite festive and refreshing. You should be warned, Miss Penny, that there are a few misguided souls here at Soulful Detroit who use Motown to bolster their egos. Marv2 announced he was involved with a hush-hush Motown special that never happened. Motown's 50th anniversary was last year, and no my darling, you haven't missed anything, the special never aired. Marv2 has been caught in so many lies, it's amazing he still posts here. You will learn quickly to take what some members have to say, with a boulder of salt. I'm sorry if you got excited over what is in fact another blatant lie from Marv2.

miss_lish Guest

Take Whatever Marv2 Says With A Boulder of Salt!

You are lying! I did not go on and on about anything. You are lying and confused. That was your friend Jonc that went on and one about something that was none of his business. I don't know Penny, but you are lying.

This is sooooooooooo rich; Marv2 accusing someone of lying. LMAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!