[REMOVE ADS]

Struck by lightning twice-the temptations

Does this song kick butt or not,i know it didn't sell much when released although it got alot of airplay in d.c.but this for me will always be a temps classic,dennis gives a classic performance...a temptations classic!!!

i really like this song too, and, as far as I know, it's surprisingly never appeared on cd.

The album 'Power' has never been issued on CD and I think that only a couple of the tracks have ever made it onto CD compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    the album 'power' has never been issued on cd and i think that only a couple of the tracks have ever made it onto cd compilations.
    hey copley,is[power]an underatted album or what one of thier best but not mentioned much,i rank it right up with thier classic work.

I like the tracks 'Power' & 'Struck By Lightning Twice' but not much else I'm afraid.

I find the track "Power" too close to "Law of the Land".

I played this album today for the first time in ages. Wasnt over impressed when it first came out, but it seems to sound A lot better to these ears now..especially Struck By Lightning Twice....Paulo XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    i played this album today for the first time in ages. Wasnt over impressed when it first came out, but it seems to sound a lot better to these ears now..especially struck by lightning twice....paulo xxxx
    good for you paulo,keep listening you'll see what i mean,classic album!!

I played this album today in its entirety and I was rocking the house. A Great way to reintroduce the fellas after their hiatus at Atlantic. They were in great voice and the entire LP is really good. Every Tempt gets a chance to shine and Dennis was'nt taking any prisoners. They sounded like The Temptations.......Go For It, Can't You See Sweet Thing and Shadow of Your Love were portents of things to come. The musicians were pure kick ass.......thanks Jai for reminding me that I should spend a little more time with my vinyl collection....lol...

Name:  the_temptations-power.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  21.0 KBName:  the_temptations-power2.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  19.5 KB

This one and "What A Way to Put It" were probably two of the most underrated songs by the Tempts during that era of the early 80's!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    this one and "what a way to put it" were probably two of the most underrated songs by the tempts during that era of the early 80's!
    hey marv,another classic from the fellas and the line[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]is a killer....love the temptations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    hey marv,another classic from the fellas and the line[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]is a killer....love the temptations!!!
    It was a killa! The Temptations hadn't lost nothing by that point. I believe it was just that they were so damned good for so damned long that no one knew what to do with them? I mean where do you go when you are already the best in the World?

@ Marv...good point !

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    it was a killa! The temptations hadn't lost nothing by that point. I believe it was just that they were so damned good for so damned long that no one knew what to do with them? I mean where do you go when you are already the best in the world?
    hey marv,like they say...what do you give the person that has everything,hahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    hey marv,like they say...what do you give the person that has everything,hahahaha!!!
    Another Gold Record? Yawn! LOL!

Hey Paladin

Thats what I have been doing a lot lately, when time permits, getting back to my vinyl. So much still not on CD..pAULO xxx

@ Paulo, Thats so true makes me grateful that I kept my collection intact. I can always play something very few people have.

SO Glad I kept my vinyl. Still collecting now. Like you say, so much still not available on C.D. or other outlets. Nothing like holding that album in my hand, or that 45. However, having a bastard time trying to get a replacement stylus for my system. So, vinyl has its UPS and it has its DOWNS......Paulo XXX