[REMOVE ADS]

The wind - nolan strong out-take

Great song.......... great treatment...........

And the fabulous cover by Sahara

Nice find Mikew-uk ...

Being a somewhat late convert to Doo-Wop [[mid '80s I suppose) this was the first version of the song that I heard or owned ....

Roger

One of the great groups, and Nolan Strong, a great lead singer. Love this record. Thanks for posting.

~~MARY~~~

I am biased. I can only get into the Nolan Strong version. Not just this tune, but everything they did was amazing. Should be way more well known.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  21.1 KB
    I like this version even better than the original [[which is a LOT better than The Jesters'). Normally I HATE talking bridges, but everything else in the song is so great, that I can live with the talking.

doo-wop highlights

Eugene Pitt & Jive Five 25 minutes in

Harvey Fuqua 50 minutes

Jerry Butler 1hour 18

Thanks for posting, Mike. These performances are from the PBS Special "Doo Wop Cavalcade". Eugene & The Jive Five did a killer 6 minute version of "My True Story" on that show, that can only be seen if you own the DVD of "Doo Wop Cavalcade". It's well worth it for that performance alone.

~~Mary~~

Mary, very impressive performance by Eugene and his fellow members!

Thank you, Mike. Eugene still sings in the same key he did 50+ years ago. It's no wonder Terry Stewart, former CEO of the Rock Hall of Fame, called Eugene "The most underrated soul singer in America". His fans and his peers have always known how great he is.

~~Mary~~~

Hey Mary,
    Thanks for clip. I was ready for a Jive Five [[Jyve Fyve) fix.Been a while since I saw them at Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.Saw them so many times at Ronnie''s UGHA shows,I sure miss those shows.My Fav song? These Golden Rings.