[REMOVE ADS]

Heikki I need you!

You are always the one I call upon when I need a Denise fix. So please tell me there is still some new material coming sometime! We have been treated to some nice compilation CDs these last few years, but no new studio material since 24 Hour Woman back in 2010. So please tell me that something is in the works!!! I know she is still very actively performing this year, which is why I am hopeful.

Hi David!

Sorry for the late reply, but I was cruising on the Danube River for eight days and just returned home.
    I'll try to contact her soon.

Best regards
    Heikki

Hi David!

I had a pleasant chat with Denise last night. She was quite pleased with her performance at the Porretta Soul Festival in Italy in July - "I enjoyed it really. I had a wonderful time, and I'd like to go there again" - as well as her show at the Jackson R&B Festival in mid-August.
    Incidentally, you'll find her Italy shows at www.porrettasoul.it.
    Next Denise is heading for Gary, Indiana on September 19, and after that to Texas.

On upcoming material she said that "there's one that's already been released as a single, "Grown Folks Business" [[on Chi-Jazz Records), from the forthcoming album by the same name. Then I'm doing something for myself [[= for my own label) soon after. We're still working on some of the material, and the CD will probably come out next year."

Best regards
    Heikki

Well that all sounds pretty exciting! If there is anything better than a new Denise album being on the way, it would be TWO Denise albums on the way! When you say that the CD will probably come out next year, do you mean Grown Folks Business or do you mean the one she is doing for her own label? As you can see, I am not very patient about these things!

Thanks so much for the prompt report and tell her that her biggest fan in Virginia says hello!

Hi David!

Grown Folks Business - you can watch it on YouTube, by the way - comes first, and then the one on her own label - Ordena, perhaps?

Grown Folks was released on Chi-Jaxx Records, not Chi-Jazz..

I'll be calling her as soon as the next album comes out, and I'll give your regards.

Best regards
    Heikki