[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post
    Hi Russ: Welcome. How long will you be with us? Your brother runs a great board here.
    I'll be here as until Ralph decides to kick me out ;=)

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    Good Morning Russ...

When you have a moment share with us what it was like to work with Whitney Houston.
    What an amazing voice!

Abraham Smooth Wilson
    Whitney was a real treat to work with. She was like the girl next door. Her talent was matched my her down to earth, intelligence and a great sense of humor. She loved to laugh and did not take her self serious. When she sang, I felt like I had my privet concert. We were always glad to see each other and I will always remember her as a friend. The world had a real friend in Whitney.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Terrana View Post
    You go girl!!!
    Uh...girl?

I guess Russ didn't realize you are a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I guess Russ didn't realize you are a dude.
    There are quite a few of us men here. Maybe it's my writing style?

No offense taken.

I'm well aware of the process of recording. Besides the brothers Terrana , I also admire and respect the works of Ron Banks [[who I went to High School with) ,Eddie Kramer ,Bruce Swedien , Joe Tarsia ,Tom Flye ,Steve Hodge ,Rudy Van Gelder and Art Stewart just to name a few.
    My interest in asking the question was.... how was the experience of working on that project [[HBS) , now that It is a landmark recording and mix and how or if it influenced the way you [[Russ) have worked on the projects [[some also landmark recordings) since then.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Uh...girl?
    LOL! Innocent mistake, though funny.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    I'm well aware of the process of recording. Besides the brothers Terrana , I also admire and respect the works of Ron Banks [[who I went to High School with) ,Eddie Kramer ,Bruce Swedien , Joe Tarsia ,Tom Flye ,Steve Hodge ,Rudy Van Gelder and Art Stewart just to name a few.
    My interest in asking the question was.... how was the experience of working on that project [[HBS) , now that It is a landmark recording and mix and how or if it influenced the way you [[Russ) have worked on the projects [[some also landmark recordings) since then.
    Impressive list! I also admire the work of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Russ, you worked on the 1976 album "High Energy" by the Supremes. I know that Cindy Birdsong recorded most if not all of the material on that album. When it came time to add Susaye Greene's voice did they have to re-record some tracks or was she just overdubbed?
    Hi Marv2 ... I mainly did the mixing on that album so Im not sure when the vocals were done. Im sure it was done the usual way of over dubs. I remember that album well. lots of good material and well put together in the studio. Had a good time mixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Terrana View Post
    Hi Marv2 ... I mainly did the mixing on that album so Im not sure when the vocals were done. Im sure it was done the usual way of over dubs. I remember that album well. lots of good material and well put together in the studio. Had a good time mixing it.
    Russ, that was probably the first album where I got know your name. It was very before it's time in a lot of ways.

I just heard that the Motown 25 special is being released soon. It was put together by Time Life and I was honored to be asked to do an on camera interview for that project.

Good Morning Russ

********CAN YOU LOAN ME 10% OF YOUR TALENT AND BOTH OF YOUR EARS!!!!!!**********

Abraham Smooth Wilson