[REMOVE ADS]

My girl...with paul on lead??

No i haven't touched a drop-yet hehe...listen up,say david never came to the temps now this is a two part question,does smokey give the song to the temps and does paul sing lead?yes i know he had david in mind when he wrote it but just think about it,heck i think that paul wouldn't done a great job with it..well what about it???

I think so too, however this was a record that was perfect from beginning to end. We all know that The Temptations could sing the phone book and get a hit. But I would no more want them to release My Girl with Paul, nor David singing "Don't Look Back". Perfect is as perfect does.........in short all of the classic five plus Dennis, Ali, Theo, Richard, Barrington, Damon,Glenn & Ron have left their identifiable and indelible mark on some stone classics........Bruce, GC, Louis not so much so......

RossHolloway Guest
    I thought Smokey, et al, had written My Girl for the Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by rossholloway View Post
    i thought smokey, et al, had written my girl for the miracles
    i believe that smokey had the temps in mind when he wrote it,otis says that they were in a club when smokey told david that he had a song for him and the song was-my girl.

I thought Paul was a great lead. Could have done everything - without the histrionics and the big star stuff. He could have carried a lot of what they did.