[REMOVE ADS]

Bee Gees 1968 German TV special

In it's entriety... a fascinating thing to watch, all the pop art and innovative staging, it's a psychadelic dream!

Julie Driscoll scares the shit outta me.

During the opening, who are those other two guys? I always thought it was only 3 BeeGees.

Good question, Marv. Anyone have an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    During the opening, who are those other two guys? I always thought it was only 3 BeeGees.

Of course they were three but they needed a drummer and a guitarist.

According to this link [[in French), the drummer was Colin Petersen and the guitarist Vince Melouney, hired before the release of "The Bee Gees First": http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_Gees

Le groupe se compose au départ des trois frères. Le batteur Colin Petersen et le guitariste Vince Melouney sont engagés en mars 1967, peu avant la sortie de leur album, Bee Gees' 1st,

Thank you for the information, Phil.

Yes, they had a drummer and guitarist for a while, because their manager told them it was "the thing to do", but they left after a couple of years, and they did replace the drummer briefly with a guy named Geoff Bridgeford, but they finally gave up on that prospect and went back to just the three of them. Here is the only performance I've seen with Geoff behind the drums:

Yes, thanks Phil for clearing that up.

You're welcome, I didn't know it myself until I read this Wikilink.

Honestly I've never been a great Bee Gees fan and I just saw the beginning of this program [[filmed by famous French Jean-Christophe Averty) but as Jillfoster says it looks like a nice piece of psychedelia, I'll sure see it in full, in the near future.
    Last edited by phil; 08-04-2014 at 01:50 PM.