[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin is in need of some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Aretha Franklihttp://www.rttnews.com/2357300/areth...in-canada.aspxn Gets Told Off By A Restaurant Employee In Canada

7/28/2014 12:05 PM ET
    Aretha Franklin was scolded by a Johnny Rockets employee in Niagara Falls, Canada last week. Franklin ordered a hamburger at the restaurant chain and proceeded to eat her sandwich in the store.
    An employee noticed that she was eating inside after having asked for a take-out and reprimanded her, saying that she was not allowed to eat in because she ordered for take-out.
    Franklin said the employee was "very rude, unprofessional, and nasty."
    A spokesperson for the restaurant noted that the employee was new, and that the store's policies have been clarified.
    The manager noted: "The employee in charge of take-out that day had been with us a week. She's 15. She was doing what she thought what was best. We've talked to all [[the employees) at length about what happened. They feel absolutely terrible."
    Franklin was in the area to perform a show at nearby Artpark. She said on Saturday after the incident: "I like Johnny Rockets and I'll go on liking Johnny Rockets, but not that one."
    by RTT Staff Writer
    For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

take-out.http://www.rttnews.comhttp://www.rtt...in-canada.aspx
    Franklin said the employee was "very rude, unprofessional, and nasty."
    A spokesperson for the restaurant noted that the employee was new, and that the store's policies have been clarified.
    The manager noted: "The employee in charge of take-out that day had been with us a week. She's 15. She was doing what she thought what was best. We've talked to all [[the employees) at length about what happened. They feel absolutely terrible."
    Franklin was in the area to perform a show at nearby Artpark. She said on Saturday after the incident: "I like Johnny Rockets and I'll go on liking Johnny Rockets, but not that one."

Aretha is easily offended but this wouldn't have been fun. She likely was also annoyed that the girl did not know WHO she was.

In some of these pictures, Aretha looks to be in terrible shape and in others, she looks quite good.

Well, you can't honestly expect a fifteen year-old girl, especially in Canada, to know who Aretha Franklin is. Still, this was about she scolded a customer. A big no-no no.

Are take-out prices cheaper than eat-in? If so, that rule is there for a reason, and Aretha Franklin shouldn't be breaking it just because of who she is.

The story above reads differently from others that I read last week.

They said Aretha ordered take-out and sat down to wait for it in the dining area. The waitress told her that she couldn't sit down as she had ordered take-out. Aretha then offered to pay to dine-in, and the waitress refused, saying that the order had already been done as take out. Throughout the exchange, the waitress was rude and finally Aretha said something along the lines of "Eat it yourself" and left.

It sounds like some miscommunication over something rather trivial. But there was no reason for the waitress to be that rude to a paying customer, Aretha or not.

That certainly puts a different light on it. We are always at the mercy of the quality of the information we receive.

It also sounds a bit more plausible. Maybe i'll be bothered to look around for more information.

Apparently, Aretha likes the burgers at Johnny Rockets, and will still eat them just not at that branch. I've seen them on the show "Undercover Boss", and am curious as to how they taste.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The story above reads differently from others that I read last week.

They said Aretha ordered take-out and sat down to wait for it in the dining area. The waitress told her that she couldn't sit down as she had ordered take-out. Aretha then offered to pay to dine-in, and the waitress refused, saying that the order had already been done as take out. Throughout the exchange, the waitress was rude and finally Aretha said something along the lines of "Eat it yourself" and left.

It sounds like some miscommunication over something rather trivial. But there was no reason for the waitress to be that rude to a paying customer, Aretha or not.
    Reese that is the exact account of what happened that I read. Johnny Rockets owes Ms. Franklin an apology.

I think JR has apologized to Ms. Franklin.

the one here went out of business.I would have taken the burger & told the place where to shove it. Never heard of any stupid rule as that.

I went to one a few years back. I wasn't impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    the one here went out of business.I would have taken the burger & told the place where to shove it. Never heard of any stupid rule as that.
    Apparently, since the employees got a good talking to about how to treat customers and procedures, i'd say that is not policy.

The employee was lacking common. Plain and simple. I've done the same thing. I would have shoved the burger in the employees face but the queen is too classy fir that. The employee should have set her up with a plate and table. Don't mess with my Aretha! She is a national treasure.