[REMOVE ADS]

CHAKA KHAN ~ 1976 ~ The INTERVIEW -/- The DRUMS !

I enjoyed seeing that again after so many years. I also remember there being other footage
    of Chaka playing drums, including at least one where she wasn't being as demure as she
    was here on Mike's show. She's always been such a talented woman and I'm so grateful
    for all that she's given and continues to give us over the years. A lot of the so called divas could learn a lot from Chaka Khan...

Danm! I had no idea she was a drummer. Perhaps, not a super talented one, but she is quite competent. I think her performance had more to do with her nervousness.

Now, I do have a problem with the way she holds her sticks. Maybe it's because I learned the traditional way of holding them, but she could improve if she did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Danm! I had no idea she was a drummer. Perhaps, not a super talented one, but she is quite competent. I think her performance had more to do with her nervousness.

Now, I do have a problem with the way she holds her sticks. Maybe it's because I learned the traditional way of holding them, but she could improve if she did the same.
    You continue to shock me with what you just learned about, soulster...Well, as far as
    how she's holding the sticks considering this was taped more than 30 years ago how do
    know she never advanced?...

Chaka was very mature and professional for her age [[22 yo in 1976). She still looks good today!

Very mature and professional?
    I remember seeing her in the 70's in Holland twice with Rufus: at one of those concerts she was so stoned she tripped and fell...

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Very mature and professional?
    I remember seeing her in the 70's in Holland twice with Rufus: at one of those concerts she was so stoned she tripped and fell...
    And that one day defined her entire life for you, huh?...I've seen Teena Marie, George Clinton, Charlie Wilson, Buddy Miles and others stoned but that's not all of them I remember....