[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    See, I think it is the entire Silk Electric album that is mixed terribly not just this one song. I wish someone would do a remix on it and I think opinions of those tracks would be much better. Even So Close sounds horrible in that album mix.

When Why Do Fools Fall In Love came out, I was working in Maryland and all my fellow workers loved that song and thought it was a great updated version. We played it to death. The WDFFIL album sounded fantastic when Diana released it. I think it still holds up but I was never a fan of Work That Body. I actually enjoy it more now because I realize it's just fun.
    Actually, I agree with you - that whole album needed a remix. I've often wished that Richard Perry had remixed the whole thing, not just "So Close". And yes, his single mix of that song runs circles around the album mix, especially because of the better utilization of Luther & Cissy's [[etc.) wonderful backing vocals.

On the inner sleeve of the album "Why do fools fall in love" there is an intriguing line, at least for me : "For information on fan club and Diana's disc aerobics write to Rainbow colors of my life PO box 888, Westbury NY 11590". "Diana's disc aerobics"? What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    On the inner sleeve of the album "Why do fools fall in love" there is an intriguing line, at least for me : "For information on fan club and Diana's disc aerobics write to Rainbow colors of my life PO box 888, Westbury NY 11590". "Diana's disc aerobics"? What is it?
    She was getting into merchandising around that time, with the panty hose, Simplicity fashions, and so forth. Maybe she was going to come out with her own workout disc ala Jane Fonda or Jayne Kennedy.

I remember writing to that address, but never received a response. The next summer, I went to see her in concert and bought a poster. On it was a totally different fan club address. I wrote to that one, and received a packet of merchandise for sale. But I don't remember anything related to aerobics.

Anyone done this guys routine in the McDonalds Drive Thru yet?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    She was getting into merchandising around that time, with the panty hose, Simplicity fashions, and so forth. Maybe she was going to come out with her own workout disc ala Jane Fonda or Jayne Kennedy.

I remember writing to that address, but never received a response. The next summer, I went to see her in concert and bought a poster. On it was a totally different fan club address. I wrote to that one, and received a packet of merchandise for sale. But I don't remember anything related to aerobics.
    Thanks for the answer.

I happen to like "Work that body" [[now, but even then in 1981), especially the central segment [[2:10 on the 12") with all the "shake down, work that body, step, step, turn around, you can do it" :-)

So I put WDFFIL on to refresh my memory and thought "Work That Body" was still a lot of fun - it's much funkier and grittier than "Physical" could ever hope to be. Someone else mentioned the "Diana Disc Aerobics" - did that ever exist anywhere? I imagine if there was a Diana Ross workout video to be seen we'd all know about it...

Also, I relistened to "Mirror, Mirror" and thought it sounded like Diana's attempt to do a rock song like "Beat It" and then realized that, as with "Physical", "Mirror, Mirror" actually came out before MJ's "Beat It". Speaking of rock songs, how about "Fool For Your Love" off SILK ELECTRIC? It's a fun song to play people and then tell them who's singing it. In fact, side 1 of SILK ELECTRIC should be what you see when you look up "eclectic" in the dictionary - what a mix of musical styles...