up and coming reel music/p&c records releases 2010/2011

16 nov phyllis hyman somewhere in my lifetime +bonus tracks reel
    7 dec bill withers making music p+c
    12 dec bill withers naked and warm p+c
    12 dec jeannie reynolds cherries, bananas and other fine things p+c

blinky sunny and warm tba
    ivy joe hunter in his bag tba
    brenda and the tabuations one girl too late [[epic stuff) tba
    this info was relayed to mt by paul williams,reel music.so it should be accurate
    he also hinted at further motown releases for 2011 from reel
    not 100% who jeannie reynolds is off the top of my head.
    aswell as the much looking forward to blinky and ivy cds,brenda and the tabs is a not before time release too

I'm looking forward to the Jeannie Reynolds release. Sister of L.J., died tragically in 1980 [[suicide & took her 2 children.) She had a lovely, soulful voice--I especially like "Unwanted Company", which I hope makes it on the CD. I think it was a B side single?

All of those releases look promising. I hope to be able to get each one. I also hope they include some bonus tracks especially
    the Jeannie Reynolds one. She had a strong flexible voice similar but not a copy of Laura Lee. The backing of several members and associates of Parliament certainly didn't hurt either. It's a sad coincidence that both she and Phyllis decided
    to take their own lives and Jeannie so early in her career...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    All of those releases look promising. I hope to be able to get each one. I also hope they include some bonus tracks especially
    the Jeannie Reynolds one. She had a strong flexible voice similar but not a copy of Laura Lee. The backing of several members and associates of Parliament certainly didn't hurt either. It's a sad coincidence that both she and Phyllis decided
    to take their own lives and Jeannie so early in her career...
    I know of Jeannie Reynolds from a discussion about her on the forum. Her suicide story got to me. I wanted to know why? I sought the record out about "bananas and cherries" [[The Fruit Song). I don't play it all of the time, but I know who she was. I learned The Fruit Song was written by Fred Bridges and Lawrence Payton.

Phyllis Hyman's Somewhere In My Lifetime was delayed wasn't it? I thought it should have been released by now. The Motown releases are interesting. I hope Reel does license more Motown.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-07-2010 at 12:16 PM.

From what I was told much later Jeannie had recorded earlier as the lead of a girl group. I'd forgotten about that but I
    found this on youtube if anyone is interested. I'm no expert on her life and career though I do think this is indeed her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76Dq...eature=related

Splank, you know I'll be copping that Jeannie Reynolds CD with the quickness. I copped two copies of the vinyl album years ago for only $10. The Fruit Song is one of my favorites on that album.