[REMOVE ADS]

Ojays london concerts announced september

Seen the Ojays a few times and they are always superb, so if you can get to London Indigo, take the opportunity to see them live in London for the first time in more than 20 years!!!!

[[I'll sadly give it a miss, at £85.80 per ticket balcony, or £165 in Kings Row [[sitting in the stalls), this strikes me as somewhat expensive.... For my wife and I, £330 for at most a 2 hour show is not value, even if it is the Mighty Ojays.

A question to our US members.... would $554 [[£330 converted $) for two tickets for this concert be viable in the United States?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/the-ojays

Mike

Hi Mike!! How are you?

£330? Makes the £3.50 [[for two) I paid for the O'Jays,Billy Paul and the Intruders in Dec 73 at the Hammersmith Odeon look a bit of a bargain! That concert was recorded as O'Jays live in London and Billy Paul Live in Europe. I saw them twice in 3 days too. December 10th 73 at The California Ballrooms, Dunstable for £3.00 [[for two). I was stood almost directly in front of the stage and Eddie Lavert. I'll never forget the power of his voice.
    Wonder what,with inflation is a 1974 £3.50 worth in todays money.
    In petrol terms I could get 10 Imp. gallons today that'll be 60 quid?
    Anyway I couldn't pay that amount to see anyone.

I still have the Hammersmith tickets!

Hi Russ,

I saw the O'Jays in Croydon in 1973 [[just before the Hammersmith show) with the Intruders etc and then a few times in the US..... always mega impressive and unforgettable. They really set the bar as high as it can go. But £330 for two? plus two trains into London, then tube, or a 2 hour minimum drive each way in congestion? Even this devotee finds this just too much to put up with. Still waiting to see what our US friends think.. I only see scheduled two shows at the Indigo in the UK and no more in the UK or Europe at this time, so I guess travel etc for the group and entourage is immense to be spread over just two shows. pity they couldn't spread those costs over more shows and different venues......
    Unfortunately, I am coming to the conclusion I may have seen my last live concert in the UK [[ other than Betty Lavette).....

Its far too much Mike.

i forgot to say.... MFSB came with the 73 tour although they were not at Hammersmith but were at Dunstable. Were they at Croydon. What was the name of the Croydon venue? The Fairfield? I can't remember.

BTW did you watch the BA docu. on BBC this week?

Johnny Mathis was much cheaper than that. For a seat in the front pack, I paid £70 including a booking fee.

That seems too huge a huge ticket price.

Russ, Fairfield Halls Croydon. I seem to remember MFSB members were the musicians. The sound quality was astounding and the [[front row) view amazing.

Here's the front page of the programme [[ note the Croydon Libraries stamp!!!!!!)
    https://ehive.com/account/4096/objec..._THE_INTRUDERS

If you want to buy a copy for 99 pence
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OJays-Bill...-/181428577810

As for the BA doc...... I'll pm you ....
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 06-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Mikew-UK,
    This affiche of the Philly Sound Revue is also reproduced in the Tony Cumming's book "The Sound Of Philadelphia".

I wonder if there is a youtube video [[whole or fragments) of these first 70's live performances. I only have Billy Paul "Live In Europe" and O'jays' "Live In London" LP's. A friend of mine told me he saw one album by The Intruders live many years ago in a store and don't remember if in the cover says something like "in London" or "in Europe" [[??)

I wouldn't pay 250 dollars to see ANYbody!

manny
    I went looking for an Intruders live in London/Europe in 73 but there wasn't a release at the time [[73/74). I remember the Blues and Soul at that time reviewing the O'Jays and Billy Paul live LPs in the same issue, If there was an Intruders live that would have been included at the same time, I'm sure.

I just checked discogs [[always worth looking in) and there isn't a Live lp listed
    Last edited by tamla617; 06-09-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Hi, tamla617

many thanks for your response. I also was searching in the web about "a Intruders live LP" without result. All that my friend I referred can recall is the name and the picture of The Intruders and the word "live" in the cover art [[!!??)

This friend is a great soul and particularly philly-soul lover and runs this blog [[he talks english better than me):

http://saleelsoul.wordpress.com/

Cheers from Tarragona [[Spain)

Buenas noches Manny yo vivía en España, Torrevieja, Calpe. Estoy sorprendido usted puede obtener cualquier discos de España. Supe que tenía una tienda de discos en Valencia. ME llevaron a 100 km al norte, y cuando me he encontrado la tienda estaba cerrada para el verano!nunca fui allí y el riesgo otro viaje perdido.Mi hija menor está en la universidad en España, Málaga.

Tamla617 desde Inglaterra!

Hope you could read that!
    Last edited by tamla617; 06-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Good Night, Tamla617

Mi amigo, el del blog "saleelsoul", vive en valencia y vio ese LP de los Intruders en una tienda de discos de Valencia, de un amigo suyo. Aún ahora está muy arrepentido de no haberlo comprado cuando lo vio! Igual se trata de la misma tienda [[??). Le puedo preguntar en los comentarios del blog [[yo vivo cerca de Tarragona y solo nos comunicamos por e-mail, correo ordinario y a través del blog suyo y otros). Tu hija debe estar pasando mucho calor en Málaga [[suerte que hay muchas y buenas playas). :-)

Un efusivo saludo, my friend!

Hola Manny
    La tienda estaba al lado de la plaza de toros. Si se pone de pie frente a la Plaza de Toros hay un pequeño centro comercial, a la izquierda. En el lado izquierdo. Esto fue 2001. Quizás todavía de vacaciones!

Carrer De Xativa Main Road past Bull Ring and Rail Station,
    Find Passatge Dr Serra
    Go on Google streetview

Respecto amigo, tamla
    Last edited by tamla617; 06-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.

wonder_woman Guest
    The Indigo 02 in my opinion is one of the best venues for live soul bands in the UK and this concert is going to be superb, having been to several brilliant concerts here already the O'Jays are not to be missed, got my tickets ... I love this venue & I love the O'Jays.
    Last edited by wonder_woman; 06-13-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    Hola Manny
    La tienda estaba al lado de la plaza de toros. Si se pone de pie frente a la Plaza de Toros hay un pequeño centro comercial, a la izquierda. En el lado izquierdo. Esto fue 2001. Quizás todavía de vacaciones!

Carrer De Xativa Main Road past Bull Ring and Rail Station,
    Find Passatge Dr Serra
    Go on Google streetview

Respecto amigo, tamla
    I have write a comment in the blog of my friend about the "expedient x" / live album by The Intruders; I'm waiting for his response...

Cheers from tarragona

Hi again, Tamla617

Here's the response of my friend from Valencia about the music store and all he can recall about The Intruder's live album:
    http://saleelsoul.wordpress.com/2014...a/#comment-761

Perhaps, our friend mr_june [[a great Intruder's admiration and connaiserur) knows something [[?)

Cheers

No Mike count me out as well, its getting harder to see good acts now, but those prices are unbelievable

They recorded the O'Jays and Billy Paul Live albums. We were told they were recording the show,From that I assume they recorded the whole show. So they must have it in the vaults. It might have got some obscure release in an unexpected country.