[REMOVE ADS]

Sharon Ridley -Stay A While With Me

Does anyone know what happened to Sharon? Is she still performing? This song brings back warm memories of the hot Chicago summers listening to WVON radio with Herb Kent and Richard Pegue. Good times!!!!!

Last edited by soulballad; 06-08-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Geezeeeee, I haven't heard this song in more than 25 years, not since I was living in the Carolinas...I wish I could tell you what happened to her but I'm afraid not. Lady had a voice
    on her, didn't she? And that sound and arrangement, classic soul at it's finest...mercy!...

When she sings the break "wont you pleasee" gives me chills every time! Always did

I have this LP, not in the best shape, but I think I will have to dig it up and play it.

Sharon now lives in the L.A. area. In recent years she appeared at Nola's which is in the art district of downtown Los Angeles.