[REMOVE ADS]

Linda Lewis, anyone?

Just discovered her... she's pretty good, with an interesting voice.

Yes I've heard of her before. She's a really good singer from the U.K. She appeared on the Bristish version of "Good Times" a show called "The Fosters" back in the 70's.

Linda's still around - and has a new album [[albeit of previously unreleased material) due.

http://www.lindalewis.co.uk/

I saw her perform on this TV and bought it. It came in a picture sleeve which was not that common in those days. It sounds very dated now

I used to love her BERT DECOUTEAUX produced version of "Its In His Kiss" a.k.a. "The Shoop Shoop Song" which was a Top 10 U.K. hit in the late summer of 1975 ...

She certainly had a very unique voice ... funnily I've yet to hear anyone attempt this at a Karaoke evening ...

Roger

honest man Guest
    I'LL BE SURPRISINGLY GOOD FOR YOU,THAT'S LOVE[CARMEN.] THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE,Are also 3 brilliant songs fromLinda,a lovely lady as well.cheers.

Meant to say this earlier. Years back I got a 3 cd box set of Linda Lewis mid 70's material
    much of which I'd never heard. All of the above posted songs with exception of Baby
    I'm Yours are on it. The funny thing is that even after listening to the set the track I'd
    already knew well remained my favorite of them all. Her rendition of the Tower of Power
    composition Not A Little Girl Anymore. This song still blows me away...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZJWxITBrRU

I have been hearding her "exotic" Sideway Shuffle on the I-Tunes of my mac, and what high notes!

I bought the Rock-a-doodle-doo single in 73. I think it was her 1st single release on the Raft label. She had 2 previous singles on demo only as far as a I can work out. I've just listened to it for the 1st time in 20 years? I'm not sure now if I'd buy it now!!
    I also bought the "Not a little girl anymore" LP in 75 which wasn't bad, title track was good [[good call splank)and so un-British. She never really got established with UK soul scene which I couldn't understand.

Reach for the truth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDdX0YyLCRs

Her version of the Betty Everett hit, "It's In His Kiss", was very disco inspired and I remember hearing it in the clubs and I actually had the 45.