[REMOVE ADS]

Sweet Inspirations now available

Please note

This image is a general representation of the album cover, but the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. If the item offered is a used, second-hand item, please note that there may be some cosmetic differences as well.

Sweet Inspirations
    Complete Atlantic Singles – Plus

CD [[Item 700263) Atlantic/Real Gone, Late 60s — Condition: New Copy
    2CD
    $25.99 ... CD

List Price: 27.98

One of the greatest female soul groups of the 60s – and one of the few who really helped to take the format into deep soul territory! The Sweet Inspirations got their start doing background work for countless sessions for Atlantic Records – and by the time of these tracks, they'd emerged as a fully-formed, deeply-skilled unit – graced with singers who'd been trained in gospel, but worked heavily in soul – with a sound that was perfect for the southern turn that Atlantic Records was taking at the time! The style of many of these early cuts is similar to the Memphis and Muscle Shoals modes of Aretha Franklin on late 60s Atlantic – but there's also some later Philly styles, too – early Sigma modes that are still pre-disco, but really show the range of the group. 2CD set features all the Atlantic singles from the group – from the beginning right up to the end of their time at the label – 37 tracks that include "That's How Strong My Love Is", "Let It Be Me", "Chained", "Brand New Lover [[parts 1 & 2)", "Evidence", "Change Me Not", "Make It Easy On Yourself", "Light Sings", "Flash In The Pan", "Them Boys", "Get A Little Order", "Am I Ever Gonna See My Baby Again", "You Really Didn't Mean It", and "Don't Fight It". © 1996-2014, Dusty Groove, Inc.

This is great. I did not know that Margaret Williams [[Cissy Houston's replacement had passed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1484472

Real Gone has a good track record of getting nice-sounding comps of mono singles. Let's hope they keep up this trend. On the Steve Hoffman forum, there is a thread asking what members would like to see the company release next. If you guys were members, you could contribute to the thread and add some soul titles. That label, and many executives from other labels, read that forum. Just a suggestion...

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...n-next.355123/
    Last edited by soulster; 06-03-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Better deal on amazon. Got mine for $17.00.