[REMOVE ADS]

Faith, Hope and Chairty now available

Please note

This image is a general representation of the album cover, but the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. If the item offered is a used, second-hand item, please note that there may be some cosmetic differences as well.

Faith Hope & Charity
    Faith Hope & Charity [[RCA) [[with bonus tracks)

CD [[Item 700264) RCA/Soulmusic.com, 1975 — Condition: New Copy

$13.99 ... CD

List Price: 14.98

Sweet 70s soul from Faith Hope & Charity – a trio who had recorded previously, but who really burst out here at the start of the disco years with some strong studio help from the great Van McCoy! The style of the record isn't really disco, but isn't far off either – as McCoy mixes lively rhythms and soaring strings with the vocal interplay of the trio – who come off much more as a well-formed soul group than some of the other trios of the generation – who were often just doing chorus vocals for the grooves! Singer Brenda Hillard really soars at times – with a lead that sets fire to the tracks nicely – and titles include the classic "Find a Way", plus "Just One Look", "Disco Dan", "Rescue Me", "Little Bit Of Love", "Don't Go Looking For Love", and "To Each His Own". CD features bonus single mixes of "Find a Way", "Don't Go Looking For Love", and "To Each His Own". © 1996-2014, Dusty Groove, Inc.

Sold out at Dusty Groove within a few hours. I'm sure they'll be getting more in.

Got the CD and it's wonderful. Brenda Hilliard had some soaring vocals! I was disappointed in the liner notes by David Nathan. A good history of the group.....but, a lot was taken from an interview with Albert Bailey in 1975. There was mentioned Zulema passed in 2013....but, not a word about Diane Destry, Brenda Hilliard and Albert Bailey since they broke up in 1978. Where are they now??? It would have been nice to have had an update on them. Love the CD and glad I bought it. Hope they release more of their music.

Is "So Much Love" on CD anywhere?

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    Is "So Much Love" on CD anywhere?

Best,

Mark
    No Mark, unfortunately it's not. This is their RCA recording with Brenda Hilliard, Albert Bailey and Diane Destry. "So Much Love" was recorded a few years earlier when Zulema sang lead. The LP was after she left the group. I tell you, Brenda can raise the roof and does a fine job. They all had some leads on this CD.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    No Mark, unfortunately it's not. This is their RCA recording with Brenda Hilliard, Albert Bailey and Diane Destry. "So Much Love" was recorded a few years earlier when Zulema sang lead. The LP was after she left the group. I tell you, Brenda can raise the roof and does a fine job. They all had some leads on this CD.
    I misread your post, Mark. I'm not aware of "So Much Love" being available anywhere on CD.