[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves, others want Royalties

Apparently, a legal loophole means that digital and satellite radio does not have to pay artists royalties if their songs are before February 1972:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...-for-royalties

Great story and good for them! U.S. Rep. John Conyers ROCKS! and thank you Stingbeelee!

You're welcome, Marv. I hope that the proposal is successful. These companies find ways to cheat artists in ways you can't imagine!

That's so unfair, one more thing the industry does to starve the artists!

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    You're welcome, Marv. I hope that the proposal is successful. These companies find ways to cheat artists in ways you can't imagine!
    Oh I can image which is why so , so many of our great classic artists are still out on the road touring constantly, while record companies rake in gobs of money from their recordings and Broadway plays about their lives..........................

Last time I checked, "My Girl" by The Temptations [[a song I'm tired of, but it's good) has 5 million views on YouTube. I think they should get paid for this. I know Gen Y, Z, Millennial, whatever, has a world where everything is free and artists should get screwed, but I don't buy it. Pay your artists often, be it visual, musical, written word, whatever. Pay your artists.

Even if it's a nickel per view on YouTube, pay your artists. Want to know why a lot of music and art is bad today? Because everything is freaking free.

I went to a Rembrandt art show in Seattle two years ago. Yep, the master had some of his works in Seattle [[not his major works, but some great stuff). I ponied up $15 to see it. Why? Because $15 is a steal. Honestly, if they could get away with it, they should charge more for Rembrandt.

America is full of tightwads, weasels, shady businessmen, and rip-off scammers [[I refuse to call them artists).

Pay your real artists and if they're good, pay them well.