[REMOVE ADS]

Let's all say a prayer for Paul McC

When one thinks of the voices of the last century,
    Paul's is one of them.

edafan

While no one wants anything bad to happen to Paul, he has a bad virus and had to cancel a show. It's not like he's on his death bed.

Prayers do help

edafan

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Prayers do help

edafan
    Yeah, just ask family members of Christian Scientists who instead of seeking medical treatment for their suffering loved ones, prayed over them as they suffered in agony and died.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Yeah, just ask family members of Christian Scientists who instead of seeking medical treatment for their suffering loved ones, prayed over them as they suffered in agony and died.

That's for damn sure.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    While no one wants anything bad to happen to Paul, he has a bad virus and had to cancel a show. It's not like he's on his death bed.
    I have a bad case of the shits. Please start a prayer chain!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    Kaopectate and a Hail Mary for you, my girl.

I almost choked laughing!

I will pray that your do do's get fixed
    Otherwise I will pray that you have a good plumber

ejchap

Otherwise I will pray that you have a good plumber

ejchap
    That can be taken a couple of ways.

Crystaledwards Guest
    When one thinks of the voices of the last century,
    Paul's is one of them.

edafan

Paul McCartney may be one of the great voices of the 20th Century but the man is almost 72, and with advanced age comes illness. McCartney has a treatable virus, more money than God, and a team of top medical professionals at his beck and call. I wish him well, but my prayers go to those killed and wounded in Santa Barbara last weekend.
    It's bullshit that we the general public have to suffer through these recurring tragedies for the "rights" of foam at the mouth frothing NRA ditto heads spouting "rights" that supersede all common sense. We need stricter gun control laws and vast improvements in our mental health system.

CE

Prayers do nothing but make the person praying feel better. If prayers worked and there was a God, do you think we would have starving children and people dying in war? People who adhere to any religion are just kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    Prayers do nothing but make the person praying feel better. If prayers worked and there was a God, do you think we would have starving children and people dying in war? People who adhere to any religion are just kidding themselves.
    Kev, is it possible to maybe, just maybe give Satan some of the credit for Earthly misery? Just asking because I do understand how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    Prayers do nothing but make the person praying feel better.
    Amen!

I'm not going to get into the question of God. That's an issue for another thread.

The main thing is that people on this forum should stop acting like anything that happens to a famous person is terminal. Remember how a few people damn near lost their minds a couple of years ago when Aretha Franklin was ill?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Kev, is it possible to maybe, just maybe give Satan some of the credit for Earthly misery? Just asking because I do understand how you feel.
    WE HUMANS are responsible for earthly misery. WE are our own worst enemy. WE need to stop absolving ourselves from any blame and trying to place it on some imagined evil force.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    WE HUMANS are responsible for earthly misery. WE are our own worst enemy. WE need to stop absolving ourselves from any blame and trying to place it on some imagined evil force.
    what he said

We need to take responsibility for our own actions instead of blaming....satan? Remember Flip Wilson's old like "The devil made me do it!"? No, the devil didn't make you do anything.

We all have choices. Free will. If God won't stop you from doing evil. Only YOU have that power. One of Jesus' messages was to take control of your lives. Don't wait for him to do it.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Satan doesn't exist and neither does Heaven or Hell in my opinion.

Human greed and human evil are the root of all misery on earth.

CE

Wink

Brilliant, I recommend loo roll in the fridge, prayers won't help but an ice cube might

See I prayed for LadyLola, and Paul McC

Let's get back to earthly matters.

Highly inappropriate to knock a religion, Christian Scientists or dismiss God or atheists. More respect for others and their beliefs always helps make the world a better place; -thanks edfan for the nice thought,.