[REMOVE ADS]

Avery Sunshine - Time To Shine

Hello all ..

I think this new recording from AVERY SUNSHINE might appeal to a lot here as it has a distinctly '60s feel, kinda reminds me of the type of material done by acts like THE CHIFFONS ...

Roger

Never hard of her before. She sounds good and this is probably one of the most positive
    and optimistic things I've heard in sometime from a young singer [[outside of gospel music,
    that is). However, the backing music reminds me not of The Chiffons but another girl group
    which I can't seem to put my finger on right now...

She is an amazing artist. Has a Jill Scott vibe to me but you can hear that she has a more gospel background than Jill. Her first cd "Avery Sunshine" is great and featured a guest appearance by Roy Ayers. I've seen her twice in concert in very intimate settings. She's also a keyboardist and definitely someone to watch out for. Btw, thanx for posting this Roger. I see that the new project drops May 27th. Will be orderiing it.
    Last edited by glencro; 05-25-2014 at 10:42 AM.

It actually reminds me of "Sweet Talking Guy" by THE CHIFFONS splanky.

It's interesting that you hadn't heard of Miss Sunshine before, she had a record out called "I've Got Sunshine" [[spot the theme ) a few years back which has been getting regular play on London based radio station Jazz-FM ever since .. it is more in the ERYKA BADU bag than "Time To Shine" but fun all the same .. here it is ...

Roger

This was her single that they played on Detroit radio

Here are some reviews of her new cd. I've been playing it all week

By Takaylla Gordon on May 28, 2014Format: MP3 Music Verified Purchase
    Avery Sunshine's music is soulful and positive in a world where we are embracing music with no substance. With songs like "Call My Name", Time to Shine, See You When I Get There, Nothing to Something and Safe in His Arms, Avery Sunshine takes you on a spiritual journey that leaves you bobbing your head and feeling nothing but good as you're chillin' in your Sunroom. I'm not kidding. Go pick it up. If you enjoy good music then you won't be sorry. However, if you go for the superficial, autotuned mindless arrangements that flood the airwaves today, then this may not be for you. Simple as that. Elevate your mind and give it a chance. That's it, that's all. Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
    3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
    been listening all day
    By gee riley on May 27, 2014Format: Audio CD Verified Purchase
    This album finally came out today Ive been listening all day..I really would love to see her perform this album live but unfortunately everytime shes in Chicago she performs at the shrine and although its a nice venue its standing room only I wish she could find a intimate venue with assigned seating In chicago like "the Mayne Stage" etc.. Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Thank you for your feedback. If this review is inappropriate, please let us know.
    2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
    In Love with this Artist
    By Anthony S Carter on May 27, 2014Format: Audio CD Verified Purchase
    Why haven't I heard any song from this album on radio. I may need rehab from hearing Drunk in Love 50 times a day. This CD is by far the best purchase I have made in 2014. Thank You for continuing to do what you do, you will always have a listener. Would love to see you and my girl Ledisi in concert. You seem to have to possess something that these other contemporary artists do not. You truly have touched me and will always be in your SunRoom. Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    Feel good album
    By Stanley A. Oliver on May 30, 2014Format: MP3 Music Verified Purchase
    I loved the first album and got to see her live before.

She is a very talented lady who has an awesome personality!

I enjoyed the album because there were; good melodies, great vocals and well written songs with a message! Its rare that we get a chance to hear an album such as this for my generation that isn't older than 10-20 years.

If you like jazzy tunes with a smooth and powerful voice then I suggest you grab this album ASAP Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    Avery*Sunshine - A Class All By Herself
    By Ingrid C. Foster on May 30, 2014Format: MP3 Music Verified Purchase
    I would recommend this album to anyone who remembers that "Feel Good" music. There are only a handful of artists singing real music these days. Stuff that ordinary people can relate to...almost as if we put our own thoughts to melody. And Avery makes sure you know where she's rooted...in the church! This is a phenomenal project from a phenomenal woman. Pick it up today! Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Avery Does It Again
    By Leo on June 3, 2014Format: MP3 Music
    Avery is a class act! She has a unique gift with a great sound behind it. A++++ Again! Lets sit in the Sun Room for a while. Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    Avery does it again!!
    By Renee on June 3, 2014Format: Audio CD Verified Purchase
    This is her sophomore CD. It's got something for everyone. Neo soul, a lil 70's sound, gospel and funk..
    ..I know I'll enjoy this as much if not more than the first CD. Keep shining, Avery!! Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
    5 stars
    By T. K. Johnson on June 2, 2014Format: MP3 Music Verified Purchase
    Avery has did it again she is awesome!!! This is real R&B! I am forever a fan of Ms. Sunshine! Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No