[REMOVE ADS]

Pre-Stax-The early Emotions

Simply fantastic! Chi-Town Style. The really great thing is they were active writers in a lot of their songs.

Last edited by soulballad; 05-23-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Teen love at it's innocent best! I love the shared leads.

Last edited by soulballad; 05-23-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Dang, those are some nice finds! I want 'em both! Those girls sang their hearts out from go.
    Are those tracks on a cd anywhere?...Thanks for posting them....

Splanky,

"Somebody New" is on the V/A compilation "Soul Treasures From the Bell, Amy, Mala Labels"

Yea, thanks, no place...I found it on amazon. Have to make some budgeting decisions today..

I see that Jeannette wrote "Somebody New". She always seemed like the underground sister. I don't recall her singing lead much, unless I didn't recognize her voice and I know that she took several leaves from the group, I assume they were maternity leaves.

Jeanette's early leave from the group was to have her husband's baby with Theresa Davis
    replacing her. Theresa also did some good leads on record with the group though to me
    Jeanette's harmonies were a better fit. After the Flowers album was released Jeanette left
    again to have Phillip Bailey's son so when people talk about EWF's close association with the
    group sometimes it REAL close...Jeanette actually preferred singing behind her sisters and other singers she also backed like Patrice Rushen. She got paid and she raised her kids.
    Anyway, excuse me a minute, soulballad, not trying to hijack your thread but can anybody
    tell me who produced and played on The Emotions Motown album? And who is the third Emotion because I agree with most folks, it doesn't appear to be Jeanette or Pam...?..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BDt1Ebx-Y

Not sure who produced their Motown stuff but I believe the third lady was Adrianne Harris.

Jeanette was back and fourth, she was there for Flower's and I think she also recorded some of Rejoice with them as well. Then she was back for Hutchinson Sunbeam which was a GREAT album including my jam "Walking The Line".

I think Jeanette sang a few lead parts, I can't recall off the top, but she was well represented. I agree that the three sister's blend was the best!

Shelia took a leave and Jeannette,Pam and Wanda Performed together. Here Jeanette takes the lead on Flowers,
    Last edited by soulballad; 05-26-2014 at 09:39 AM.