[REMOVE ADS]

It's beyond sad. It's disgusting.

thomas96 Guest
    I hate politicians. All of them are corrupt and don't actually care about the people they are governing. Only themselves, and their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    I hate politicians. All of them are corrupt and don't actually care about the people they are governing. Only themselves, and their wallets.
    The politicians really aren't as bad as the average people who follow them. But, the politicians set the example. It's no wonder today's polarizing politics have turned friends into enemies, broken up homes and marriages, and estranged children, gotten people fired and arrested, even caused fights and shootings. It's happened to, or has touched all of us. And, I squarely blame conservatives and republicans for it. Look at the course of history.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    The politicians really aren't as bad as the average people who follow them. But, the politicians set the example. It's no wonder today's polarizing politics have turned friends into enemies, broken up homes and marriages, and estranged children, gotten people fired and arrested, even caused fights and shootings. It's happened to, or has touched all of us. And, I squarely blame conservatives and republicans for it. Look at the course of history.
    Very true, and I agree. But you can't place blame ONLY on the republicans. Both sides are to blame to some degree. Republicans may take more blame, but you can't say that the democrats have been perfect. All I gotta say is, I'm absolutely tired of it, and am just trying my best to stay out of it and not even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Very true, and I agree. But you can't place blame ONLY on the republicans. Both sides are to blame to some degree. Republicans may take more blame, but you can't say that the democrats have been perfect. All I gotta say is, I'm absolutely tired of it, and am just trying my best to stay out of it and not even think about it.
    I think that people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics, or so-called independents who lean to the right always just say everyone is to blame without looking at the cold hard facts. One would be hard-pressed to find exactly how Democrats and liberals have created the hard divide we have in this country right now. That blame falls squarely on the conservatives/republicans/libertarians. They created the no-compromise, social activist environment we have now. They are the ones trying to dismantle parts of the Constitution they don't like. They are the ones involved in voter-suppression. Liberals may have shown hatred toward W. Bush for his role in creating the Iraq war, but since the beginning of the United States, we have never seen such extreme levels of ignorance, suppression, vile hatred, sexism, bigotry, and racism, as we have from the right-wing for the last 34 years.

If you read all of my post, you would have seen that I did not blame only politicians. They set the stage, but the worst always comes from those that follow them and their enablers, like media pundits.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I think that people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics, or so-called independents who lean to the right always just say everyone is to blame without looking at the cold hard facts. One would be hard-pressed to find exactly how Democrats and liberals have created the hard divide we have in this country right now. That blame falls squarely on the conservatives/republicans/libertarians. They created the no-compromise, social activist environment we have now. They are the ones trying to dismantle parts of the Constitution they don't like. They are the ones involved in voter-suppression. Liberals may have shown hatred toward W. Bush for his role in creating the Iraq war, but since the beginning of the United States, we have never seen such extreme levels of ignorance, suppression, vile hatred, sexism, bigotry, and racism, as we have from the right-wing for the last 34 years.

If you read all of my post, you would have seen that I did not blame only politicians. They set the stage, but the worst always comes from those that follow them and their enablers, like media pundits.
    Yes the media has played a huge part.