[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lifetime plans Whitney Houston-Bobby Brown movie

May 22, 4:44 PM [[ET)

LOS ANGELES [[AP) — The Lifetime TV channel says it will air a movie about Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's relationship, with actress Angela Bassett set to direct.

Lifetime said Thursday that the movie will follow the couple through their first meeting and tumultuous marriage, and Houston's rise to fame.

Brown and Houston were divorced at the time of her 2012 drowning death in a hotel bathtub at age 48. The couple's daughter is 21-year-old Bobbi Kristina Brown.

Lifetime says Bassett will be making her directorial debut with the project.

In a statement, Bassett says she has high regard for both Houston's and Brown's talents and feels a responsibility in telling their story.

Lifetime says the movie, with the working title "Whitney Houston," will air in 2015. The cast hasn't been announced.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...4f0d3da46.html

Which one of them were with Motown? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

May 22, 4:44 PM [[ET)

LOS ANGELES [[AP) — The Lifetime TV channel says it will air a movie about Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's relationship, with actress Angela Bassett set to direct.

Lifetime said Thursday that the movie will follow the couple through their first meeting and tumultuous marriage, and Houston's rise to fame.

Brown and Houston were divorced at the time of her 2012 drowning death in a hotel bathtub at age 48. The couple's daughter is 21-year-old Bobbi Kristina Brown.

Lifetime says Bassett will be making her directorial debut with the project.

In a statement, Bassett says she has high regard for both Houston's and Brown's talents and feels a responsibility in telling their story.

Lifetime says the movie, with the working title "Whitney Houston," will air in 2015. The cast hasn't been announced.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...4f0d3da46.html
    ive mixed feelings about this movie. I hope it doesnt upset Cissy Houston or Saint Cissy as shes known in New York and New Jersey as. That poor dear and sweet and saintly ladys been through enough so im praying this is a real fair and good portrait of Whitney fror Cissy sake.

Fondly,

Roberta

I worry a bit less because of Angela Bassett's involvement. I would think she wouldn't be involved in a questionable project, but this is a Lifetime movie, so one never knows.

I saw Cissy a few weeks ago at the McDonald's Gospelfest. She was a bit frail, but still sang her heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw Cissy a few weeks ago at the McDonald's Gospelfest. She was a bit frail, but still sang her heart out.
    Thats lovely to hear that Cissys still singing her heart out Reese. I love that dear and sweet and kind and saintly lady so much. Her dignity and strong faith make Saint Cissy a personal hero of mine and ive wrote her and told her that.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thats lovely to hear that Cissys still singing her heart out Reese. I love that dear and sweet and kind and saintly lady so much. Her dignity and strong faith make Saint Cissy a personal hero of mine and ive wrote her and told her that.

Roberta
    You got that right Miss Roberta. I reached out to Cissy when Dee Dee passed a few years back and can't imagine the pain she felt after losing Whitney.

I will say I am also glad Angela Bassett will be involved but don't forget LIFETIME is the network that brought us that God awful Liz & Dick​ with LINDSAY and the even more campy Donatella Versace film.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross opened the door for Whitney, the families are friends and so Whitney is forever affiliated.

But Whitney's not a Motown artist?

smark21 Guest
    So who will be cast to play Whitney? Rob Ford?

You can't remember because neither one of them was on Motown as your sarcastic self knows.
    But, unlike you, when I make a mistake or misstatement, I don't run away or ignore it. I admit it. I f**ked up. I am so used to posting in the Motown section, I posted this thread here wrongly.
    I apologize to you Marv - and to any others who find my post here confusing - for my error.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Well she is according to Jobeterob. You see, Diana Ross opened the door to the ladies room for Whitney one night at some awards show back in the 80's and to his mind, that constitutes a connection to Motown!

The Motown Forum is read far more than the other Forums.

Whitney is connected to Diana.

Who the hell cares? It's not like Milven failed to curtsey before the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Whitney never got that big...........hehehehehehehehe......

You can't remember because neither one of them was on Motown as your sarcastic self knows.
    But, unlike you, when I make a mistake or misstatement, I don't run away or ignore it. I admit it. I f**ked up. I am so used to posting in the Motown section, I posted this thread here wrongly.
    I apologize to you Marv - and to any others who find my post here confusing - for my error.
    youve nothing tp apologize for dear Milven.

Roberta

I think youre joking smark31 although I do pray for that Mayor if he dont clean his act up hes going to end up dead from overdosing.

On a casting note I could see the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves playing Cissy Houston or Saint Cissy as shes known in New York and New Jersey as. Theyve both got great gospel voices and like Miss Cissy Miss Martha is a good Christian woman.

Im flying to Guadalajara with my church tomorrow and I fly back on July 19. Last time we was in Guadalajara 2 years ago we spread the lords word and donated shoes and shirts and pants and had. Sunday dinners for the needy and deserving. I met some real nice people in fact I met a female impersonater that was being ridicule by the community and his family. We got this nice person a room in a loving home and I let him hear so much martha reeves music which he love. A real lovely and brave and coragous young man and Im looking forward to seeing him again. Parts of Guadalajara is real poor but the people are real lovely.

Everyone look after one another and be kind and respectfiul and sweet to one another.

See yall in July.

Fondly.

Roberta

But she did a duet with Stevie Wonder, who IS and still IS a Motown artist, "We Didn't Know", on her "I'm Your Baby Tonight" , but then again, who hasn't worked with Stevie?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    But she did a duet with Stevie Wonder, who IS and still IS a Motown artist, "We Didn't Know", on her "I'm Your Baby Tonight" , but then again, who hasn't worked with Stevie?
    Everybody from Michael Sembello to Hunter Hayes.

Well she is according to Jobeterob. You see, Diana Ross opened the door to the ladies room for Whitney one night at some awards show back in the 80's and to his mind, that constitutes a connection to Motown!
    Whitney from Jersey and Jersey's got as much of a rich music history. Whitney took more after Dionne than Diana. Well Dionne is her cousin...

Whitney from Jersey and Jersey's got as much of a rich music history. Whitney took more after Dionne than Diana. Well Dionne is her cousin...
    You are right. Whitney says that here at 1:34 in this video clip:

Neither. Is it a prerequisite to be discussed here?

And, neither are the many, many artists we discuss here on the forum. If Motown was all we were allowed to discuss here, this place would have dried up years ago.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I think youre joking smark31 although I do pray for that Mayor if he dont clean his act up hes going to end up dead from overdosing.

On a casting note I could see the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves playing Cissy Houston or Saint Cissy as shes known in New York and New Jersey as. Theyve both got great gospel voices and like Miss Cissy Miss Martha is a good Christian woman.

Im flying to Guadalajara with my church tomorrow and I fly back on July 19. Last time we was in Guadalajara 2 years ago we spread the lords word and donated shoes and shirts and pants and had. Sunday dinners for the needy and deserving. I met some real nice people in fact I met a female impersonater that was being ridicule by the community and his family. We got this nice person a room in a loving home and I let him hear so much martha reeves music which he love. A real lovely and brave and coragous young man and Im looking forward to seeing him again. Parts of Guadalajara is real poor but the people are real lovely.

Everyone look after one another and be kind and respectfiul and sweet to one another.

See yall in July.

Fondly.

Roberta
    You're doing good work! Sending good vibes!

Lulu Guest
    This may shock you all as it's coming from me but WHY did Diana Ross have to pop up in this thread? I mean I do agree that she/they made some things easier for people like Whitney to succeed but Whitney has cited Cissy, Dionne and Aretha as her primary influences.

On a related note, does anyone know if Cissy or Dee Dee Warwick sang background for anyone at Motown? I know they did a lot with the Brill Building folks and Motown had plenty of house background singers, but those girls were busy bees!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    This may shock you all as it's coming from me but WHY did Diana Ross have to pop up in this thread? I mean I do agree that she/they made some things easier for people like Whitney to succeed but Whitney has cited Cissy, Dionne and Aretha as her primary influences.

On a related note, does anyone know if Cissy or Dee Dee Warwick sang background for anyone at Motown? I know they did a lot with the Brill Building folks and Motown had plenty of house background singers, but those girls were busy bees!
    No, Cissy & Dee Dee never sung a note for Motown. The only "Motown" connection concerning Dee Dee is that the Supremes and Temptations actually covered her song, which was co-written by the PHILLY team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.

And yes, Cissy, Dionne and Aretha were definitely Whitney's main influences. Also, just because she covered Diana during her Classic Whitney concerts don't mean she was influenced by La Ross either. I think bringing her name up is purposefully trying to start up childish arguments. That's why we don't have many good discussions because it always descends to some depth of hellish activity.

I think the only reason Diana's name came up was because I mistakenly posted the thread in the Motown Forum and others tried to provide a link as to how Whitney was associated with Motown. Of course she isn't, but if you look hard enough, almost everyone in the industry has some degree of separation from Motown.

Didn't Whitney do a duet with Jermaine?

Lulu Guest
    No, Cissy & Dee Dee never sung a note for Motown. The only "Motown" connection concerning Dee Dee is that the Supremes and Temptations actually covered her song, which was co-written by the PHILLY team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.

And yes, Cissy, Dionne and Aretha were definitely Whitney's main influences. Also, just because she covered Diana during her Classic Whitney concerts don't mean she was influenced by La Ross either. I think bringing her name up is purposefully trying to start up childish arguments. That's why we don't have many good discussions because it always descends to some depth of hellish activity.
    Yes. Dee Dee's first album has been recently rereleased and expanded on SoulMusic Records. I'd buy it now because it seems everything David Nathan has his hands in gets scooped up quickly! He does such a great job!

http://www.amazon.com/Want-You-Gonna.../dp/B00FBSQR3U

Lulu Guest
    I think the only reason Diana's name came up was because I mistakenly posted the thread in the Motown Forum and others tried to provide a link as to how Whitney was associated with Motown. Of course she isn't, but if you look hard enough, almost everyone in the industry has some degree of separation from Motown.

Two songs: "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do" and "Take Good Care Of My Heart".

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Neither. Is it a prerequisite to be discussed here?
    I don't know, but the forum was organized for a reason, similar to a library. When you go look for books on history you do not expect to find books on Health Sciences in that area.

"I think bringing her name up is purposefully trying to start up childish arguments"

AMEN!

Jermaine and Whitney were on Arista I believe at that time........ She's never recorded for Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Two songs: "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do" and "Take Good Care Of My Heart".
    They also sang "If you say my eyes are beautiful".

I see nothing but disaster arising from this travesty of an idea. Let Whitney rest in peace without cashing in on Whitney and Bobby's marriage.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I see nothing but disaster arising from this travesty of an idea. Let Whitney rest in peace without cashing in on Whitney and Bobby's marriage.
    Agree. I see no need to start canonizing Whitney. She was a great artist and sure she had her "demons" but her behavior [[which we saw on that reality series) and her drug use aren't exactly exemplary. Her death was unfortunate but I'd give it another 10-15 years before we start digging her up and painting her as a saint. At least Garland and Holiday had some time to settle before we started honoring them.

Perhaps there was something from Waiting to Exhale that has driven Angela to do it. I really would like to know her reason for spear heading this. I knew they worked together but did not think they were close so I would love to know the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana Ross opened the door for Whitney, the families are friends and so Whitney is forever affiliated.
    When did this happen???? When did they become friends???POSTER'S NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

[QUOTE=milven;231146]I think the only reason Diana's name came up was because I mistakenly posted the thread in the Motown Forum and others tried to provide a link as to how Whitney was associated with Motown. Of course she isn't, but if you look hard enough, almost everyone in the industry has some degree of separation from Motown.

Didn't Whitney do a duet with Jermaine?[/QUO

No, you should have posted it the correct forum, from the beginning. But you wanted to be SEEN!!!!

smark21 Guest
    DVUs is off her meds, get a nurse in stat to administer an IV.

DVUs is off her meds, get a nurse in stat to administer an IV.
    Get RedHot in for a dose of positive.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    When did this happen???? When did they become friends???POSTER'S NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES!!!
    Follow the rules? I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but this is a music forum. We are not debating the force-feeding of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison complex in Cuba.

CE

supremester Guest
    Priceless, CE!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Follow the rules? I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but this is a music forum. We are not debating the force-feeding of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison complex in Cuba.

CE
    And...There is NO attachment between Whitney Houston & Motown!!!

Crystaledwards Guest
    And...There is NO attachment between Whitney Houston & Motown!!!
    Then perhaps you should watch the clip marybrewster just shared. The Motown-Diana Ross link, granted it is somewhat peripheral, is clearly there.

CE

smark21 Guest
    Dvus still needs her meds. I guess the insane asylum where she's housed is suffering from a nursing storage. Poor Dvus.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I remember on that same show, they actually brought up OLD audio of Whitney singing church at around 13. Whitney was all giggling like "wow, where do you get this from" Lol nice to see her give Diana props here.

LadyLola Guest
    You need professional help.

LadyLola Guest
    Dvus still needs her meds. I guess the insane asylum where she's housed is suffering from a nursing storage. Poor Dvus.
    She's out of her mind. She probably goes to grocery stores and attacks people that more than 15 items in the express check out.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    She's out of her mind. She probably goes to grocery stores and attacks people that more than 15 items in the express check out.
    Do you personally know Dvus or just talking shit to be popular with the unpopular?

LadyLola Guest
    Do you personally know Dvus or just talking shit to be popular with the unpopular?
    I wasn't talking to YOU fool.

Give a listen to this and you will know exactly who influenced Whitney Houston!