[REMOVE ADS]

Judge appoints Casey Kasem's daughter as temporary conservator

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/12/showbi...l?c=homepage-t
    Los Angeles [[CNN)
    -- A judge Monday named famed radio countdown host Casey Kasem's daughter as the temporary conservator of her ailing father, a spokeswoman said.
    The conservatorship is in effect until June 20, when a hearing is scheduled on whether to make the conservatorship permanent, according to the Los Angeles County Superior Court spokeswoman Patricia Kelly.

Kerri Kasem attends the 98.7 Saves Christmas Party at The House of Rock on December 5, 2012, in Los Angeles.

"Justice was finally served! I just won temporary conservatorship over my father's healthcare. We have been vindicated by the court. Thank you for your prayers, well wishes and support through this entire ordeal," Kasem's daughter, Kerri Kasem, posted on her Facebook page soon after the order.
    Later, she added: "I believe my father's wife fled the country [[or possibly went to an Indian Reservation) with my Dad because she knew I would win in court today. The judge ordered, Adult Protective Services, the PVP Attorney and the police to look for him. Please pray that he is safe."
    Judge Daniel Murphy also ordered that Casey Kasem's whereabouts be disclosed, the daughter's lawyer said. He had "grave concern" for the "safety, health and well-being" of Casey Kasem, attorney Troy Martin told CNN.
    A different judge denied a request by Kasem's children that a temporary conservator be appointed for their father last year.
    Kasem's daughter Julie Kasem and her husband filed that earlier conservatorship petition, claiming the retired radio host "has been isolated from his daughters, friends and other family" by his wife.
    The judge ruled last year that Kasem was being well cared for by his wife, Jean Kasem.
    Attempts Monday to contact Jean Kasem's attorney, Craig Marcus, were unsuccessful.
    The petition last year claimed that daughter Julie Kasem and her husband, Dr. Jamil Aboulhosn, had been unable to check on Kasem's health even though her father signed papers in 2007 giving them the power of attorney over his heath care in the event he was unable to make his own health decisions.
    They "have been prevented from exercising their duties" by Jean Kasem, who has been married to the retired radio host for three decades, the filing argued.
    "There is no communication between Jean and us and his daughters," said brother Mouner Kasem. "We have no knowledge of how he is, what he's doing, if he's better, if he's worse, and we're scared that we'll never see him again."
    Last year, Kerri Kasem said that her stepmother suddenly barred her sister, her uncle and some of Kasem's friends from seeing him. She said she was perplexed by the decision.
    Kasem, who for decades hosted radio music countdown shows "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40," is suffering from Parkinson's disease and "may have early onset Parkinson's dementia," according to a court filing. He retired in 2009.
    Besides the famed countdown shows, Kasem was also the voice of Shaggy in the cartoon "Scooby Doo" and an announcer for NBC. He was a popular DJ and occasional actor before "American Top 40" began in 1970.

Bizarre! This has been all over the news.

This story is beyond bizarre!

I mean the current events
    in the news

edafan
    Last edited by edafan; 06-10-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Old news. This was posted weeks ago.

I' m genuinely baffled : why would someone post this on a "Souful Detroit " website ? Just one of many posts that seem absurdly off topic. I know I can just ignore them - and 99% of the time I do - but I'm sitting here killing a bit of time and really would be interested in the thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Amithesameboy View Post
    I' m genuinely baffled : why would someone post this on a "Souful Detroit " website ? Just one of many posts that seem absurdly off topic. I know I can just ignore them - and 99% of the time I do - but I'm sitting here killing a bit of time and really would be interested in the thought process.
    This man was a part of our music history.
    He deserves a better fate than they are giving him now.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by Amithesameboy View Post
    If it's music related, we talk about it. We talk about him the same way we'd talk about Dick Clark, Don Cornelius, Jerry Blavat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    If it's music related, we talk about it. We talk about him the same way we'd talk about Dick Clark, Don Cornelius, Jerry Blavat, etc.
    I guess you do. But shouldn't site be then called "Musical discussions" rather than "Soulful Detroit" ? I believe he was born in Detroit but as far as i know, and admittedly about Kasem that is very little, he neither plied his trade in Detroit nor was a soul music deejay.

I' m not trying to make mischief by the way. And maybe many forums start branching off in tangential ways but I come on "Soulful Detroit" to read about , ideally, soul music out of Detroit, but at least about soul music. There is the rest of the internet, newspapers, tv etc. for general information.

Well.. the big tittied, opporotunistic bitch has LOST. He's finally going to have his children and brother around him in his last few days. Glad to see a judge with some sense!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1825866

Crystaledwards Guest
    It makes sense to cease all hydration and artificial nutrition. When the body begins the process of shutting down forcing fluids and food is contraindicated. This can lead to pain and discomfort. In the dying process fluid and food can lead to complications as the body no longer has the ability to process it. Difficult to explain to families when nourishment has always been what sustains a life. Comfort measures only are what is needed for a peaceful death. I hope this family makes peace with each other and more importantly peace with Mr. Casey Kasem.

CE

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    This man was a part of our music history.
    He deserves a better fate than they are giving him now.

edafan
    Ain't that the truth! Perhaps his daughter will gain full, permanent conservatorship, and will be able to do that for him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Ain't that the truth! Perhaps his daughter will gain full, permanent conservatorship, and will be able to do that for him.
    I think the daughter wants the opposite, according to the news today,
    but one has trouble believing all the news stories.

He deserves better.

I hope my kids treat me better.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    I think the daughter wants the opposite, according to the news today,
    but one has trouble believing all the news stories.

He deserves better.

I hope my kids treat me better.

edafan
    edafan... taking away the feeding tubes and just keeping him as comfortable as possible IS the best thing. What Crystal said above is totally correct.

TMZ is reporting that Jean Kasem is going to be the target of a criminal investigation for elder abuse. Remember that other thread before where many posters were standing up for her and ridiculing me for berating her? Where are you all now?

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/12/casey-...on-jean-kerri/

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    edafan... taking away the feeding tubes and just keeping him as comfortable as possible IS the best thing. What Crystal said above is totally correct.
    I stand corrected. Again one has trouble believing all the news stories. In my late wife's case 2 years ago, she went into hospice on a Friday, and she passed on the next Tuesday.
    I still treasure her last days and her last words.

At the very end I knew she could still hear. With my son holding one hand and me the other with her unable to speak, I said to her that my son Eric would work hard at Genzyme to find a cure for those sick children. She nodded her head, and then she passed.

Everyone left except me, my son and my daughter. People told me I didn't want to stay, but I did. After the funeral director put her in the body bad while we were outside, we gave her an honor guard down those 3 hallways. I held her head all the way.

edafan

Casey passed away today.

Let's all say a prayer for our
    great Jimmy Scott
    and radio great Casey

edafan