[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I thought the "Scherrie & Susaye" title was a continuation of and/or identification with the title "Mary, Scherrie & Susaye", the Supremes final album.

Suzanne Depasse may have placed Scherrie's name in front of Susaye's because Scherrie had been in the Supremes longer. Suzanne may have reasoned that more people may have heard of Scherrie since she had been associated with Mary [[an original Supreme) & Cindy [[the first replacement Supreme, whom many by that time had associated as almost an original Supreme).

Well after hearing WTDCEN again my goosebump question still stands!

Just beautiful vocal performances....

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought Scherrie said recently Cindy was going to replace Freddie Poole but it fell through. What did Susaye say about sales of Let yourself go cd? Couldnt hear her.
    Both ladies din't have sales info....Andy might be a good source for that...

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Suzanne Depasse may have placed Scherrie's name in front of Susaye's because Scherrie had been in the Supremes longer. Suzanne may have reasoned that more people may have heard of Scherrie since she had been associated with Mary [[an original Supreme) & Cindy [[the first replacement Supreme, whom many by that time had associated as almost an original Supreme).
    or it could have just sounded better. We'll never know.

I remember how excited to see this in the new releases at j & R Music the day it came out

Tell Scherrie I'm gonna meet her at Denny's in Hollywood for lunch next week!

supremester Guest
    Did they ever consider asking Lynda to be the 3rd Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Tell Scherrie I'm gonna meet her at Denny's in Hollywood for lunch next week!
    I was just joking! Don't worry Scherrie, I'm not a stalker!

Baby, baby where did our height go... just kidding!!!
    Everyone know good things [[and in the 2Premes case, dynamite) comes in small packages.

Excellent interview - SO interesting! Really enjoying this!

You really do compliment each other. How about a new album?

Scherrie is SO HUMBLE. I love her. Is she married?

Did Scherrie and Susaye record the album as a unit or individually?

Quote Originally Posted by msjoys View Post
    Excellent interview - SO interesting! Really enjoying this!
    Thank you, MsJoys!!

Sounds like a deluxe edition?

It's been said that the Partners cover photo was shot in Scherrie 's house. Is that correct?

Lulu Guest
    Tell Scherrie and Susaye how delightful they've been this evening! I was very pleased to have them in my ears while the NBA Playoffs, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert were captioned on the silent TV! They are so warm and gracious and their girlish giggles are simply Supreme!

What a lovely evening! Thank you, Scherrie & Susaye. Thank you John and all, see you next time.

Great show! What fun they are.

great show. thanks to the ladies and 2 john

Lulu Guest
    Thank you ladies and John!!!

This was a great show and you tell that Scherrie and Susaye love and respect one another. You can also tell that they have the same level of respect for Mary and the Supremes and Pedro to a lesser degree. They wanted Mary but not Pedro as their manager. I like how Susaye mention the dynamics in their voices as a duet as well as when they were in the group [[The Supremes). Again, great show and I plan to see them in July, who know maybe Mary might show up that would be a rare treat indeed if they sang a song together.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    This was a great show and you tell that Scherrie and Susaye love and respect one another. You can also tell that they have the same level of respect for Mary and the Supremes and Pedro to a lesser degree. They wanted Mary but not Pedro as their manager. I like how Susaye mention the dynamics in their voices as a duet as well as when they were in the group [[The Supremes). Again, great show and I plan to see them in July, who know maybe Mary might show up that would be a rare treat indeed if they sang a song together.
    I'm going to go as well. It would be great if we had an SDF table!

Thank you all for being part of this wonderful show with Scherrie and Susaye!!! See you next week for a reprise of Andy, George Kevin and Diana, Mary, Cindy, the Andantes and 'Funny Girl'.....and there will be more surprises! For those who missed some of the show and those who would like to hear it again! Thanks! John

Also....important re: connecting to the live webcast of the show. I talked with my operations manager about the loss of connectivity last week, and for some, last night. He didn't really have an answer. However....he mentioned another listening option. A site called tunein.com Just get to the site and type in WOMR. I did this and got immediate connection. So if the problem happens again...do try this method too. Thanks! John

TuneIn also has a fantastic free iOS [[iPhone/iPad) app.

I want to extend my thanks to John for asking my question. I hope Scherrie and Susaye do a gig in a major east coast city [[NYC, Philly, DC) where more of their fans can adore them. I have been listening to Nightflight for quite a while, but never got so into the show as with the 2premes. Love, love, love them. Thanks John for the show and to the Ladies for being so wonderful.

It really goes to show that all the animosity on this forum is little more than the personalities here projecting their grievances with each other onto their idols. I heard absolutely nothing last night from the Ladies to make me believe any of the crap that the usual suspects on this forum spew.

thanxal....thanks for your kind words. Very glad you listen in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    What a lovely evening! Thank you, Scherrie & Susaye. Thank you John and all, see you next time.
    Thank you, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Thank you ladies and John!!!
    Thanks so much, Lulu!!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    rod_rick.....thanks! Much appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    great show. thanks to the ladies and 2 john
    Thanks so much, David!!

Thanks so much, Kenneth!

smark21 Guest
    I didn't hear the show last night. But in reading through the messages I understand Scherrie became sad and depressed. What caused her to become downhearted and blue? Did she cheer up by the end of the show?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I didn't hear the show last night. But in reading through the messages I understand Scherrie became sad and depressed. What caused her to become downhearted and blue? Did she cheer up by the end of the show?
    No....she was referring to something she was thinking of that was sad....it didn't last long at all. The ladies giggled their way through the show.

Heard the first two hours and enjoyed it immensely, they were delightful.

Enjoyed Andy and George and Kevin the previous week, as well.

Great shows, John.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Heard the first two hours and enjoyed it immensely, they were delightful.

Enjoyed Andy and George and Kevin the previous week, as well.

Great shows, John.
    Thanks, John!!!!

Tune In is brilliant, and their mobile/tablet app is very easy to use. I use it to listen to radio stations all over the world!

A tip from a fellow radio chap: the Tune In website shortcode for each station never changes, so if anyone clicks/bookmarks this link it will always take you straight to WOMR and whatever's playing right now:

http://tun.in/seoKS

Quote Originally Posted by radionixon View Post
    Tune In is brilliant, and their mobile/tablet app is very easy to use. I use it to listen to radio stations all over the world!

A tip from a fellow radio chap: the Tune In website shortcode for each station never changes, so if anyone clicks/bookmarks this link it will always take you straight to WOMR and whatever's playing right now:

http://tun.in/seoKS
    Works like a charm...

Thanks for the shortcode tip, radionixon! Do you know how I could find shortcodes for other Tune In website stations? They would be most helpful in setting up streams on my internet radio components...thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Thanks for the shortcode tip, radionixon! Do you know how I could find shortcodes for other Tune In website stations? They would be most helpful in setting up streams on my internet radio components...thanks in advance...
    I don't know if they're actually listed anywhere - the way I find them is a bit Rube Goldberg: I manually browse for the station I want on the Tune In website [[either by just searching for the station's name, callsign, city or whatever) and then click "Share", which then in turn generates the station's shortcode link.

Handy for bookmarking, and for when you can't get the app to work for whatever reason.

Thanks so much!