[REMOVE ADS]

Thank you to george and andy for funny girl

I had to take a moment and thank you for your work of Love into Diana Ross and Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl. Actually, I had to listen to it on my I POD and then my car stereo and then find my LP copy and listen to it. Sometimes I have to find my Motown ears before I can voice an opinion. I Love it all over again.
    I understand why Motown used the fuller background on some songs but it was good to hear Mary loud and clear on some songs. It was Supreme Mo' Magical to hear them so versatile at this time period in history.
    As, I mention before on your past releases that one can always tell the love that you put into your projects if they just stop, look and listen to the detail surrounding the product. I love having it stored on my device that I can carry in my briefcase along with other songs and I can view the booklet as well. However, I must admit I am guilty for increasing the size of one of the pics and framing it.
    Thank you and bless you once again !!!
    ..............and yep I will be contacting Universal to express my love of the product.

total agreement on all points expressed above..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    total agreement on all points expressed above..
    I must add my thanks as well. I am loving the Funny Girl release. I admit, I've always liked this LP, but hearing the remixing I have new appreciation for the project and love it even more! Thank you!!

"I Am the Greatest Star"
    "Instead of kick, why don't they give me a lift ?"
    "I think its a plot because they are scare I got such a GIFT !!!"
    ...........................my favorite line from the lp

Thanks to Harry, George and Andy! I already had it synced on my iPod from the bootleg CDR I purchased years ago from iOffer. But it was such a great surprise how even better it now sounds. Gil Askey's orchestration is as thrilling as Diana's phrasing. I didn't think it would have mattered having Cindy and mary on my left channel. It's actually nice to hear.

[[The "Funny Girl" original cast 50th Anniversary boxset is going for a whopping $124.99!!! I'll stick with this which I actually love more than Streisand).

On another note, Someone called the background vocals on "produced and arranged by Jimmy Webb", the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I happen to love the angelic dream like quality to the vocals on that album. [[But it would be interesting to hear just mary and Cindy).

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Thanks to Harry, George and Andy! I already had it synced on my iPod from the bootleg CDR I purchased years ago from iOffer. But it was such a great surprise how even better it now sounds. Gil Askey's orchestration is as thrilling as Diana's phrasing. I didn't think it would have mattered having Cindy and mary on my left channel. It's actually nice to hear.

[[The "Funny Girl" original cast 50th Anniversary boxset is going for a whopping $124.99!!! I'll stick with this which I actually love more than Streisand).

On another note, Someone called the background vocals on "produced and arranged by Jimmy Webb", the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I happen to love the angelic dream like quality to the vocals on that album. [[But it would be interesting to hear just mary and Cindy).
    A tip for anyone having trouble printing the booklet, I loaded the files to a flash drive and took it to a local Kinkos. They were able to size and print in CD booklet format, using an appropriate paper stock. The finished product is quite impressive. I am very happy...

supremester Guest
    Hey JBFJ - a nice gift to come home to, eh? I just can't believe how much I like this album now - these boys are geniuses! Was great seeing you in Chicago..........hope to see you again soon : ) I
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I must add my thanks as well. I am loving the Funny Girl release. I admit, I've always liked this LP, but hearing the remixing I have new appreciation for the project and love it even more! Thank you!!

Hopefully this will find its way onto amazon uk or itunes uk

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Hey JBFJ - a nice gift to come home to, eh? I just can't believe how much I like this album now - these boys are geniuses! Was great seeing you in Chicago..........hope to see you again soon : ) I
    Ditto Supremester!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    A tip for anyone having trouble printing the booklet, I loaded the files to a flash drive and took it to a local Kinkos. They were able to size and print in CD booklet format, using an appropriate paper stock. The finished product is quite impressive. I am very happy...
    I did the same thing at Kinkos. It is very beautiful.

I would also like to add my thanks. I have not stopped playing it. I made CD copies of it and have it in my car and house. Love Love it.

After hearing the “Funny Girl” Nightflight interview with George, Andrew and Kevin I knew I was going to love the unreleased version of FG. I played those tracks first and in many ways I prefer this version. However, I do agree that in 1968 the version released was probably the right choice. What I didn’t expect was the revelations of the original album remastered. Wow, that is how that album should have sounded back in 1968. Hearing this remastered version of an album I’ve known for so many years was pure joy. And now we have both versions – plus bonus tracks! This project is everything we have come to expect from the gang at Hip-O! Thanks guys, it’s a beauty, job very well done. . . .

Hmmmm. Well, these reviews are certainly looking good.

I'd best think about getting me some downloads, after all..........but if FG does come along later in CD form, it will be a real bonus.

Absolutely agree with how fantastic the set is. I hadn't planned to buy it, but after hearing it on Johnny's show, I realized how much different it was than the original LP. I had played the LP recently and liked it more than I remembered [[probably only played it once or twice before), but after hearing how brilliantly Diane sang and how fantastic the orchestrations were, realized how much fuller the remastered tracks are. I think the LP suffered from a thin sound and too "glossy" of a finish. The new release is tops in all ways.
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-04-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Of all times to happen, my computer went kaput and I'm now using an older computer [[one of the reasons I like to have an actual CD instead of having to keep track of downloads). Anyway I was wondering if any of the songs on the album connect without space between them, cuz I was planning on using iTunes to download the album [[since when you burn a CD from iTunes the files connect correctly). But now the computer I'm using will not work with iTunes for some reason!!!

If I get desperate enough I'll get it from Amazon.com I guess, but that would suck if the songs are supposed to connect and they won't do it right from mp3's.... The funny thing is I have the actual LP, but haven't been able to listen to it, cuz my record player also went kaput. lol!

George & Andy - what the best addresses to use [[physical and otherwise) for Universal to show our support for more expanded editions? Thanks again for the beautiful job on FUNNY GIRL and every other release we've been lucky enough to have you work on...

Just got this reply on the Facebook page - thanks!

Universal Music Group
    1755 Broadway
    New York, NY 10019

Want to see more Diana Ross / Supremes releases this year? Start writing to classic.motown@umusic.com

You can also tweet to:
    @umgselect
    @umemusicteam
    @classicmotown

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I did the same thing at Kinkos. It is very beautiful.
    Got my "Funny Girl" digital booklet printed today at Kinkos too. Gorgeous!