[REMOVE ADS]

Unusual Mary Wilson Supremes Medley

Audio clearly faked with standard CD tracks. What's with all the anti-Mary Wilson-ism on the boards lately?

Hey, I remember seeing this! It's from a 1981 German television show, right? It was a lot of fun to watch. I heard that someone overdubbed the original recordings over Mary Wilson and the Supremes performance. They looked so, so good that I would be happy just turning volume off and just watching Mary with girls do their thing LOL! Yeah trained them [[Karen Jackson & Debbie Crofton ) right!

I always wished I could see more of the appearances Motown artists made on foreign television. There could be a ton of really good and rare performances out there....somewhere.
    Last edited by marv2; 05-03-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Clearly there are some who have never seen this clip. Why is that anti Mary? I noticed the fan narrative over the years is to say that audio was dubbed. It is clear that Mary is lip syncing to those records. There is no way that she sang for the exact amount of time that those records played down to the last word, and stopped singing just as the record ended.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Clearly there are some who have never seen this clip. Why is that anti Mary? I noticed the fan narrative over the years is to say that audio was dubbed. It is clear that Mary is lip syncing to those records. There is no way that she sang for the exact amount of time that those records played down to the last word, and stopped singing just as the record ended.
    Not clear to me. the guy that originally uploaded that clip several years ago said it was overdubbed and that he had some trouble matching the audio with what the ladies were singing and moving to in their original performance.

Marv you silly clown.

Haven't you been trying to convince Roberta that you aren't DetroitLives313?

Well an hour ago on this dreadfully embarrassing video, DetroitLives313 posted just what you've written here!!

Cut and pasted just for you!

DetroitLives313

1 hour ago

Yeah someone overdubbed the original recordings over their performance LOL!

·

Shakes head in amazement!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Shakes head in amazement!
    Oh great Dumbo, you fail to comprehend again! LOL!

I don't think it's anti-Mary.....and I also don't think it's overdubbed. I agree with skooldem; I think Mary is lip synching. Watch her flub the lines at :26. Do you think she actually would have SANG the lines as: "I watch you and a roll the stweet?"

There's a clip of the same show were Mary lip synchs to "Red Hot".

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I don't think it's anti-Mary.....and I also don't think it's overdubbed. I agree with skooldem; I think Mary is lip synching. Watch her flub the lines at :26. Do you think she actually would have SANG the lines as: "I watch you and a roll the stweet?"

There's a clip of the same show were Mary lip synchs to "Red Hot".
    Yeah? Well you know what? Go back and look at it again. This time pay attention to when the applause starts and stops for both songs!

Forget that the guy who overdubbed it and posted originally acknowledged that it was an overdub job and yeah we know about the "Red Hot" clip that was lip synched.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah? Well you know what? Go back and look at it again. This time pay attention to when the applause starts and stops for both songs!

Forget that the guy who overdubbed it and posted originally acknowledged that it was an overdub job and yeah we know about the "Red Hot" clip that was lip synched.
    This is definitely one of your HEHEHEHEHEEHeeeeeee moments!

The time of this video was a tough time for Mary Wilson; who the hell cares if she was lypsyching and appearing with those women that went on be able to legally call themselves Supremes ~ she had to do what she had to do.

It's most amazing she'd bother to sing Red Hot, a song no one knew.

supremester Guest
    In 1981, Mary's solo career was not going well and she needed to get what work she could. It's scary not making money. She had not only left The Supremes, but they were gone, so returning wasn't an option. Had Miss ross' solo career not worked out, or if RCA hadn't worked out or if her 4 albums in 23 years recent past hadn't worked out and she needed funds, she'd have been over there too. There's a lot to spin here if someone wanted to. Can you imagine if it was Ross? The vomit bags would have a field day with this clip. I think Mary looks good and, although I abhor her lies, deceit and bad feeling she created in SupremesNation, I feel sorry that an original Supreme was reduced to this. I'd have done it, too. Lucky for her, she bounced back.

For the record, years ago in another discussion on this clip, in response to criticism for Mary to be lipping to voices other than hers, Marv stated that Mary's music hadn't arrived and these were the only tunes they had to use at the last minute....just sayin' DetroitLives will say ANYTHING [[much like his hero) literally, ANYTHING.

oh dear...so obviously lip synched...the whole supremes legacy is a joke...what a shame for the most successful girl group of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    For the record, years ago in another discussion on this clip, in response to criticism for Mary to be lipping to voices other than hers, Marv stated that Mary's music hadn't arrived and these were the only tunes they had to use at the last minute....just sayin' DetroitLives will say ANYTHING [[much like his hero) literally, ANYTHING.

For the record, you are lying. I have never said that.

supremester Guest
    For the record: yeah, you did, but, let's say I made it up. Is lying a trait you dislike in others?

For the record: thank you for admitting you are DetroitLives. I'm sure Soulster will be thrilled.

For the record, you are lying. I have never said that.

For the record: yeah, you did, but, let's say I made it up. Is lying a trait you dislike in others?

For the record: thank you for admitting you are DetroitLives. I'm sure Soulster will be thrilled.
    You are still lying. It's Sunday, why not go to church and ask God for forgiveness.....
    I forgot, you spend most of your time worshipping Diana Ross..........

I hear that you are "theMotownManiac" on here.

You are still lying. It's Sunday, why not go to church and ask God for forgiveness.....
    The most frightening Christians are those that constantly mistreat others and head to Church on Sunday praying for forgiveness for their behaviour so they can go repeat it the following week, while not understanding that is not how God works.

Excuse my ignorance, but let me ask.
    I've always assumed that Mary actually lip synced this performance to the the voices of Diana and Jean. Did she, or did the You Tube poster cleverly sync the music to a live performance where Mary was actually singing?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but let me ask.
    I've always assumed that Mary actually lip synced this performance to the the voices of Diana and Jean. Did she, or did the You Tube poster cleverly sync the music to a live performance where Mary was actually singing?
    One more time, the guy that originally created and posted that particular video several years ago explained that he overdubbed the original recordings over that television performance. I've seen it done with the Supremes on Sullivan singing Up the Ladder to the Roof and their first appearance singing Come see about me. It was never a big deal until a few diana ross only fans started making up shit to make fun of Mary Wilson.

The most frightening Christians are those that constantly mistreat others and head to Church on Sunday praying for forgiveness for their behaviour so they can go repeat it the following week, while not understanding that is not how God works.
    Oh one that processes to be a non-believer, tell me how God works........... ?

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    oh dear...so obviously lip synched...the whole supremes legacy is a joke...what a shame for the most successful girl group of all time.
    Their legacy is not a joke? How? Why?

One more time, the guy that originally created and posted that particular video several years ago explained that he overdubbed the original recordings over that television performance. I've seen it done with the Supremes on Sullivan singing Up the Ladder to the Roof and their first appearance singing Come see about me. It was never a big deal until a few diana ross only fans started making up shit to make fun of Mary Wilson.
    Okay Marv, I understand the process and know that it was done before other places. My question is was the original performance that was seen by the TV audience Mary singing the songs and then this guy on You Tube dubbed in the Supremes recordings? If so, do you know if any video exists where we can see her actual performance?

The "story" of how it was over dubbed is totally made up by fans, and debunked if you look at the :56 seconds mark. Mary mouths Diana's part singing "baby think it over"- trying to keep up with the record. She flubs the line if you look at her mouth.

The "story" of how it was over dubbed is totally made up by fans, and debunked if you look at the :56 seconds mark. Mary mouths Diana's part singing "baby think it over"- trying to keep up with the record. She flubs the line if you look at her mouth.
    So then that is the way it was televised with all three voices [[Diana, Jean and Mary) coming out of Mary's mouth. I must say it was kinda creepy to see Mary's voice change from Mary to Jean in FLOY JOY. Why didn't Mary have one of the others sing one of the voices?

Okay Marv, I understand the process and know that it was done before other places. My question is was the original performance that was seen by the TV audience Mary singing the songs and then this guy on You Tube dubbed in the Supremes recordings? If so, do you know if any video exists where we can see her actual performance?
    In 1981, I was a kid in college in America. I did not know anything about this show Mary appeared on in Germany. So I am sorry I cannot help you any further than what the original creator/poster of the video said.

I would love to see more videos of many Soul, R&B, Motown artists did on foreign television over the years.

Look Skooldem, no fans made that fact up. Listen to how the applause starts before Mary comes out on stage and then the entire audience goes completely silent at the exact same time. Then the entire audience begins to applaud again in unison just a few seconds later. Then check out how the applause does not start until the music is completely silent after both songs. I've heard of well trained animals, but a huge audience made up of individual humans.....geez! It was overdubbed, you don't want to believe it and that is your choice, I can't argue with you about that.

Ok , one more thang and this is for Skool Dem. Watch closely as the recording of "Stop in the Name of Love" ends and the applause starts. Watch Mary, with the mic up to her mouth saying thank you more than once. You will hear NOTHING!

This reminds me of another "issue" that some made up regarding another foreign television video. It was one for Diana Ross & the Supremes that they did for Spanish television during their 1968 European Tour. They appeared dressed in their street clothes and many claimed that it was a rehearsal totally disregarding what the poster of the video [[who was from Spain and saw the original television broadcast) had to say. He explained that it was for a low budget program for a tv show shown in Spain. He went further to explained that the Supremes segments were actually taped prior to broadcast in a studio in Portugal! Over and over he reiterated that what we were seeing in the clips he posted is how they saw those performances on television in Spain back in 1968 and they performed in their street clothes. Would some of those "hard-heads" believe him? Nooooooo..... they wanted to believe their own formulated opinions and force them on others who would view the videos and possibly read the comments! LOL! This is the kind of ridiculous shit the internet has wrought on civilization, hehehehehehehehe.....
    Last edited by marv2; 05-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Fake applause too. Just as fake as the voice. This is probably another of those things Mary would like to take back. Lucky it is not followed much on the Internet or You Tube. It's just a plain embarrassment.

supremester Guest
    Mary's not exactly shy with a spotlight, but this is a classic. LOL. She was probably trying to get a recording contract by showing how versatile she is as a vocalist.
    So then that is the way it was televised with all three voices [[Diana, Jean and Mary) coming out of Mary's mouth. I must say it was kinda creepy to see Mary's voice change from Mary to Jean in FLOY JOY. Why didn't Mary have one of the others sing one of the voices?

supremester Guest
    Eggggzackly!

Fake applause too. Just as fake as the voice. This is probably another of those things Mary would like to take back. Lucky it is not followed much on the Internet or You Tube. It's just a plain embarrassment.
    Exactly! the applause was fake and added in with the overdubbing job. Mary? She don't care or even remember this.

Mary's not exactly shy with a spotlight, but this is a classic. LOL. She was probably trying to get a recording contract by showing how versatile she is as a vocalist.
    Not true. More bitter blather from Supremester........

supremester Guest
    Not most of my time, but when I do worship, it IS to The Supreme Being, you are correct. I went to four services last week. i am cleansed!

Not most of my time, but when I do worship, it IS to The Supreme Being, you are correct. I went to four services last week. i am cleansed!
    Quit talking in riddles. You went to see Diana Ross in concert 4 times last week